From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Appaling internal communications inside organisations
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2023 09:59:26 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff - Fri, 1 Dec 2023 09:59 UTC

With all the modes of contacting people I find it hard to understand why
inside a bank and inside a council and its contractors, people do not
communicate, ending up in cheques being refused or bin collection
arrangements not going on as desired.
Just yesterday, I got a letter from my bank, on paper which I did say,
being blind I could not read, refusing to issue a large cheque for money to
go to my building society, despite having goon into the branch personally
and
told them it was not a fraud. They now tell me that it will take another 10
days to clear. That seems to me to be gross incompetence.
Then the waste contractor sends a letter out about a month ago asking me if
I still need my bins collected on assisted collection, giving a form to fill
out and the address of Kingston council, so I ring waste at said council,
and they registered my reply to the letter on the database. Today, I get
another paper letter from the contractor reminding me I had not filled in
their paper form. I do despair, after all not only do these people not
understand you are blind but never talk to each other about what they
already know from me before they send out letters. If this type of non
internal communication is widespread, no wonder things cost so much.
After all they only have to call or send an email to each other and me and
it would all be sorted.

Having just emerged from monumental cock ups by Thames Water and EDF energy,
I had thought my problems were over. The main issues seem to be that there
are too many links in the chain with outsourced services and admin, its a
mess.
Brian

--

--: