From: FBInCIAn...@america.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket,rec.sport.cricket,aus.sport.cricket
Subject: Superstitious England Cricket Players Switch Bails
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 04:26:19 -0700
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Sat, 29 Jul 2023 11:26 UTC

Time for POC to INVADE and CIVILIZE "Superstitious" England and
Australian players.

The flipping of the bails is a quirk familiar among club cricketers up
and down the UK.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/ashes-2023-stuart-broad-old-magic-england-contention-1389932

Then, as Ben Stokes contemplated a tweak in the field, Mark Wood
returned to the top of his mark for the final delivery and Labuschagne
stepped away to contemplate closing out the 43rd over, Stuart Broad
walked up to the batter's stumps and switched the bails around.

"I've heard - and I might have made this up - that it's like an Aussie
change of luck thing," Broad said later, feigning a bit of naivety. "I
feel like I've seen Nathan Lyon do it." Again, he knows he has. Lyon did
similar to Joe Root during the 2019 series, only for the then-England
captain to switch them back. Labuschagne did not.

It's not just an Australian thing, of course. The flipping of the bails
is a quirk familiar among club cricketers up and down the UK. An
indulgence of an idle thought as you walk by the stumps of a batter who
is having it his own way, concluding the problem with your approach to
taking a wicket is not your approach at all, but because the bails are
the wrong way around.

Re: Superstitious England Cricket Players Switch Bails

<38715a78-2979-47e8-be9f-4c91e72b3af4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27603&group=uk.sport.cricket#27603

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 08:24:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (Robert Henderson)
 by: Robert Henderson - Sat, 29 Jul 2023 15:24 UTC

On Saturday, July 29, 2023 at 12:26:20 PM UTC+1, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer wrote:
> Time for POC to INVADE and CIVILIZE "Superstitious" England and
> Australian players.

"Just keep the patient under 24 hour surveillance , nurse.... " RH

Re: Superstitious England Cricket Players Switch Bails

<ua3dan$2lcr1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27605&group=uk.sport.cricket#27605

From: FBInCIAn...@america.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 09:04:40 -0700
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Sat, 29 Jul 2023 16:04 UTC

On 7/29/2023 8:24 AM, Robert Henderson wrote:
> On Saturday, July 29, 2023 at 12:26:20 PM UTC+1, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer wrote:
>> Time for POC to INVADE and CIVILIZE "Superstitious" England and
>> Australian players.
>

> "Just keep the patient under 24 hour surveillance , nurse.... " RH

It's actually time for the REMAINING SANE westerners to JOIN HANDS with
the rest of the WORLD and "MERCILESSLY MASSACRE" the EVIL Aus UK US Govt
CIA NSA FBI DHS MI6 MI5 ASIS ASIO Psychopaths like fucking pigs and SAVE
HUMAN SPECIES from being BRUTALLY ENSLAVED with Neuroweapons and AI.

[...]

<ua8qba$3b1vb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27645&group=uk.sport.cricket#27645

From: FBInCIAn...@america.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 10:17:31 -0700
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Mon, 31 Jul 2023 17:17 UTC

On 7/29/2023 8:24 AM, Robert Henderson wrote:
> On Saturday, July 29, 2023 at 12:26:20 PM UTC+1, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer wrote:
>> Time for POC to INVADE and CIVILIZE "Superstitious" England and
>> Australian players.
>

> "Just keep the patient under 24 hour surveillance , nurse.... " RH

Broad touches the bails again on Day 5 to CHANGE LUCK.

90.6 W Broad to Murphy, OUT

caught behind! Too good. Another beauty. Angled into off, nipping away a
touch, he's caught on the crease it catches the edge and Bairstow takes
the catch diving to his left! Crowd goes bananas!
Todd Murphy c †Bairstow b Broad 18 (39b 3x4 0x6) SR: 46.15

Broad changes the bails at the non-striker's looking for a change of
luck again

Re: Superstitious England Cricket Players Switch Bails

<ua8s5g$3b9at$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27647&group=uk.sport.cricket#27647

From: FBInCIAn...@america.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 10:48:33 -0700
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Mon, 31 Jul 2023 17:48 UTC

On 7/29/2023 8:24 AM, Robert Henderson wrote:
> On Saturday, July 29, 2023 at 12:26:20 PM UTC+1, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer wrote:
>> Time for POC to INVADE and CIVILIZE "Superstitious" England and
>> Australian players.
>

> "Just keep the patient under 24 hour surveillance , nurse.... " RH

Stuart Broad:

[Bail switch] If I'd learnt that ten years ago I'd have been away. The
Marnus one really made me smile. I had a couple of play and misses [this
time], was get frustrating, so thought I'd change them, not the batter's
ones, and it worked. [Regrets for series?] Probably wouldn't have taken
the second new ball at Edgbaston. Hard to bowl with all series. Once we
took it, the ball skidded on and made it easier for them to find the
boundary. When you lose to a great team like Australia, you hold your
head up high. [Headbands] When I looked around I saw them in the crowd,
it's a nice gesture. It ended up being a superstition, I wore it in
Covid and then took it off, then didn't take a wicket. So stuck with it
to the end, made me smile to see people wearing them."