/earth: file system full.

aus+uk / uk.tech.digital-tv / Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About Science

SubjectAuthor
* Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About Science &Java Jive
+- Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About Science & TechnoloPamela
+* Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About Science & TechnoloPete Forman
|+* Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About Science & TechnoloRoderick Stewart
||+* Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About ScienceJeff Layman
|||`- Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About Science & TechnoloMartin
||+* Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About Science & TechnoloBob Latham
|||`- Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About Science & TechnoloRoderick Stewart
||+* Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About ScienceMB
|||`* Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About Science & Technolocharles
||| `- Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About ScienceMB
||`* Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About Science & TechnoloMartin
|| +* Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About Science & TechnoloRoderick Stewart
|| |`* Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About Science & TechnoloMartin
|| | `- Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About Science & TechnoloRoderick Stewart
|| `* Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About ScienceIndy Jess John
||  +- Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About Sciencegareth evans
||  `* Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About Science & TechnoloMartin
||   +* Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About Science & TechnoloRoderick Stewart
||   |+- Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About ScienceVir Campestris
||   |`- Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About Science & TechnoloMartin
||   +- Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About ScienceJNugent
||   `- Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About Science & TechnoloChris J Dixon
|`- Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About Science & TechnoloJim Lesurf
+- Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About Science & TechnoloBrian Gaff \(Sofa\)
+* Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really AboutDex
|`* Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About Sciencealan_m
| +* Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About ScienceMike
| |+* Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About Sciencealan_m
| ||`* Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About Science & TechnoloJim Lesurf
| || +* Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About ScienceJNugent
| || `- Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About ScienceMB
| |+* Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About ScienceMB
| ||`- Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About ScienceMike
| |`* Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About ScienceEddie King
| | +- Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About Science & TechnoloRoderick Stewart
| | +- Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About Sciencealan_m
| | +- Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About Science & TechnoloChris J Dixon
| | `* Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About ScienceAdrian Caspersz
| |  `* Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About ScienceRadicalRabbit
| |   +- Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About ScienceMB
| |   `* Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About ScienceRoderick Stewart
| |    +* Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About ScienceRadicalRabbit
| |    |`* Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About ScienceBob Latham
| |    | `- Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About ScienceJava Jive
| |    `* Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About ScienceJava Jive
| |     `* Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About ScienceRadicalRabbit
| |      `- Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About ScienceJava Jive
| `* Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About Science & TechnoloMartin
|  `- Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About ScienceMB
`- Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About Science & TechnoloJim Lesurf

Pages:123
Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About Science

<597cd12295bob@sick-of-spam.invalid>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27743&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#27743

From: bob...@sick-of-spam.invalid (Bob Latham)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Subject: Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About Science
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 13:15:00 +0100
 by: Bob Latham - Sun, 17 Oct 2021 12:15 UTC

In article <skgnm0$1u9f$1@gioia.aioe.org>,
<RadicalRabbit@theburrow.co.uk> wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Oct 2021 08:31:26 +0100
> Roderick Stewart <rjfs@escapetime.myzen.co.uk> wrote:
> >On Sat, 16 Oct 2021 15:31:21 -0000 (UTC),

> >Thank goodness there remains a little corner of cyberspace where
> >you can still get away with expressing an honest thought like that
> >(even if it's only because nobody else knows about it because
> >usenet is all but forgotten) without one of the New Selfrighteous
> >telling you that

> Thats whay I like about usenet. Most of the trolls and the self
> righteous have fucked off to twitter et al and the juvenile
> wokerati won't even have heard of it or know how to access it.

> >to recognise their own. It further seems that the smaller the
> >minority that they claim to represent, the more justified they
> >feel in demanding that the rest of humanity dances to their tune.

> IMO the problem isn't the screeching hysterical agitators for
> [insert cause of the month here], they've been around forever. The
> real problem is the spineless bastards in the media and various
> corporations who piss their pants the minute some retard complains
> about a breech of the unwritten woke code and gives in to them
> hoping to cover their arses instead of just telling them to fuck
> off and go do one.

I agree with almost everything you both say. Except it's even worse.

It appears that ideology becomes narrative, that narrative in
relevant cases becomes "The Science". The science, as opposed to
science disallows debate, it accuses anyone regardless of how
experienced or expert they are who disagrees with the narrative of
spreading false information and makes sure these people are pushed
out of the system. People who do their best to silence others are
dangerous and the lowest of the low. The narrative rules science now.

A scientist has be cautious in saying you cannot change sex on tv or
that only women have periods and pregnancies. The BBC then has to
balance that view !! That's how fare we've fallen FFS.

The problem is education. It isn't education any more it's left wing
ideology which preaches how bad the west is and how we must go back
to poverty to gain salvation. It's decadence that comes from having
plenty and it's a religion. This is how great empires fall, decadence
kills them from within.

The people most vulnerable to this garbage are predictably the same
bunch; spoilt, privileged, wealthy and university processed who have
too much money and time and don't have the grounding from real life,
they live in la-la-land. These people never worried how they would
pay their gas bill. They spend their time jumping on any
anti-capitalist cause and looking for or creating problems that don't
exist.

If these people aren't stopped, the west is doomed and as even
Johnson is clearly one of them, it's too late we are doomed.

Bob.

Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About Science

<skh6gc$44v$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27746&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#27746

From: jav...@evij.com.invalid (Java Jive)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 13:55:39 +0100
 by: Java Jive - Sun, 17 Oct 2021 12:55 UTC

On 17/10/2021 13:15, Bob Latham wrote:

> In article <skgnm0$1u9f$1@gioia.aioe.org>,
> <RadicalRabbit@theburrow.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 17 Oct 2021 08:31:26 +0100
>> Roderick Stewart <rjfs@escapetime.myzen.co.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>> On Sat, 16 Oct 2021 15:31:21 -0000 (UTC),
>>>
>>> Thank goodness there remains a little corner of cyberspace where
>>> you can still get away with expressing an honest thought like that
>>> (even if it's only because nobody else knows about it because
>>> usenet is all but forgotten) without one of the New Selfrighteous
>>> telling you that
>>
>> Thats whay I like about usenet. Most of the trolls and the self
>> righteous have fucked off to twitter et al and the juvenile
>> wokerati won't even have heard of it or know how to access it.

Or perhaps it would be more accurate to say that it is more tolerant of
trolls like you, perhaps too tolerant for its own good.

>>> to recognise their own. It further seems that the smaller the
>>> minority that they claim to represent, the more justified they
>>> feel in demanding that the rest of humanity dances to their tune.
>>
>> IMO the problem isn't the screeching hysterical agitators for
>> [insert cause of the month here], they've been around forever. The
>> real problem is the spineless bastards in the media and various
>> corporations who piss their pants the minute some retard complains
>> about a breech of the unwritten woke code and gives in to them
>> hoping to cover their arses instead of just telling them to fuck
>> off and go do one.

Strange that when most people complain about anything, anything at all
no matter what the subject and no matter how well grounded the
complaint, to the, say, BBC, they always receive the same bland "Auntie
knows best" style of response, in other words, in rather more polite
language, they are doing exactly what you want them to do.

> I agree with almost everything you both say. Except it's even worse.

The fact that you do, as you were bound to do, is a reliable
condemnation of all the bigoted ignorance above.

> It appears that ideology becomes narrative, that narrative in
> relevant cases becomes "The Science". The science, as opposed to
> science disallows debate, it accuses anyone regardless of how
> experienced or expert they are who disagrees with the narrative of
> spreading false information and makes sure these people are pushed
> out of the system. People who do their best to silence others are
> dangerous and the lowest of the low. The narrative rules science now.

LOL! The above is a hypocritical example of exactly what it is
complaining about!

> A scientist has be cautious in saying you cannot change sex on tv or
> that only women have periods and pregnancies. The BBC then has to
> balance that view !! That's how fare we've fallen FFS.

Where is your *EVIDENCE* for this claim?

> The problem is education [...] it's too late we are doomed.

Usual dishonest and puerile paranoia snipped.

--

Fake news kills!

www.macfh.co.uk

Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About Science

<skhe90$1gek$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27755&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#27755

From: RadicalR...@theburrow.co.uk
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 15:08:16 -0000 (UTC)
 by: RadicalR...@theburrow.co.uk - Sun, 17 Oct 2021 15:08 UTC

On Sun, 17 Oct 2021 13:05:39 +0100
Java Jive <java@evij.com.invalid> wrote:
>On 17/10/2021 08:31, Roderick Stewart wrote:

>Yes, there's too much too obvious attempts to manipulate the audience
>emotionally.
>
>>> Thats what happens when the running of TV is increasingly taken over by
>women
>>> and gays.
>
>Hate speech reported to a b u s e @ a i o e . o r g and Metropolitan
>Police.

Ooooo nooooo!!! Mummy!!

LMFAO!!

Good luck with that one grandpa. Last time I looked "gay" was a word your
type chose to describe yourselves. Btw, how did your last self righteous
reporting escapade go? Got a response yet? :)

>There is nothing 'honest' about prejudice, on the contrary, it's a
>dishonest failure to judge people as individual humans, and 'thought'
>hasn't featured in it, on the contrary, it's a knee-jerk reaction that
>hasn't passed anywhere near a rational, thinking brain.

Yet oddly certain whinging self designated "oppressed" groups like nothing
better than to be seen as a group rather than individuals.

Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About Science

<skhld1$qc6$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27766&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#27766

From: jav...@evij.com.invalid (Java Jive)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 18:09:52 +0100
 by: Java Jive - Sun, 17 Oct 2021 17:09 UTC

On 17/10/2021 16:08, RadicalRabbit@theburrow.co.uk wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Oct 2021 13:05:39 +0100
> Java Jive <java@evij.com.invalid> wrote:
>>
>> Hate speech reported to a b u s e @ a i o e . o r g and Metropolitan
>> Police.
>
> Good luck with that one grandpa. Last time I looked "gay" was a word your
> type chose to describe yourselves. Btw, how did your last self righteous
> reporting escapade go? Got a response yet? :)

I have a case number, it's up to them now.

--

Fake news kills!

www.macfh.co.uk

Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About Science & Technology

<597cc0fcf5noise@audiomisc.co.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27783&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#27783

From: noi...@audiomisc.co.uk (Jim Lesurf)
Subject: Re: Many BBC Science & Technology Stories Aren't Really About Science & Technology
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 10:18:37 +0100
 by: Jim Lesurf - Sun, 17 Oct 2021 09:18 UTC

In article <skfe1h$oab$1@posie.signal11.org.uk>, Mike
<mjb@signal11.invalid> wrote:
> In article <597bbc11d5noise@audiomisc.co.uk>, Jim Lesurf
> <noise@audiomisc.co.uk> wrote:
> >I think it would be good to do more 'fairly new' old items given the
> >way makers abandon them after just a few years.

> I was only thinking about this the other day ...

> "Today in the Repair Shop, a beloved iPhone 10 with precious memories is
> brought back to life ..."

> It doesn't fit with the whole "heritage crafts and traditional methods"
> ethos they seem to be staying with -- but it would be funny to see them
> do a spinoff/special, maybe as a one-off for Children In Need/Comic
> Relief.

> Metalworker Dom: "So, now we need to weld this 0805 capacitor in place,
> and just hope I don't melt through the circuit board ..." <bzzzZAp>

Yes. :-) Come to think of it, having a few 'nearly new' items which the RS
can explain are unrepairable might raise the awareness of buyers. I find it
curious that the same people who are most keen on 'green' often spend so
much of their time and money on such modern 'devices'. Here 'Irony' seems
to mean 'contains silicon' rather than 'contains iron'. 8-]

This is, I hope, changing with some devices appearing that *can* be
repaired, etc. But as yet few are aware of them, and they may not be able
to host all the 'apps' and services that the big companies *don't* want
them to because they make dosh from the common brands.

Jim

Electronics https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~www_pa/Scots_Guide/intro/electron.htm