From: mikehalm...@gmail.com (Mike Halmarack)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Subject: Sight or site? Toolbar too small
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2022 11:13:08 +0000
 by: Mike Halmarack - Mon, 5 Dec 2022 11:13 UTC

I did have a PC in each main room. Now, due to energy and temperature
considerations I'm doing it all in one room, running a big telly as a
monitor from a surface pro 2 with Win10.
Lovely clear display but from the other side of the room, the layout
of which is fixed, I can't make out the toolbar symbols on several 3rd
party apps.

The windows basic and Advanced Scaling Settings are at 175% which is
OK for just about everything else but the menu bar and tool bar sizes.

I can't find anything else within windows to customise to the extent I
need. Have I missed something, or are there 3rd party apps to make
these adjustments?
--

Mike

Re: Sight or site? Toolbar too small

<xn0nq8u5o2pz0qn009@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2784&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#2784

From: jgnew...@outlook.com (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Subject: Re: Sight or site? Toolbar too small
Date: 5 Dec 2022 12:05:26 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Mon, 5 Dec 2022 12:05 UTC

On 05/12/2022 in message <9pirohd8t37dhloesb1r9ga1d96lm2jdkf@4ax.com> Mike
Halmarack wrote:

>The windows basic and Advanced Scaling Settings are at 175% which is
>OK for just about everything else but the menu bar and tool bar sizes.
>
>I can't find anything else within windows to customise to the extent I
>need. Have I missed something, or are there 3rd party apps to make
>these adjustments?

I vaguely remember a setting in Win 10 to adjust individual settings like
fonts and task bars, I think it was on the resolution screen. Can't find
it at the moment, my Win 10 box has gone doolally.

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day.

Re: Sight or site? Toolbar too small

<ra3uoh9tcldoh3a0qjqdmeccfjgf6q5s6u@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2792&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#2792

From: mikehalm...@gmail.com (Mike Halmarack)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2022 09:41:14 +0000
 by: Mike Halmarack - Tue, 6 Dec 2022 09:41 UTC

On 5 Dec 2022 12:05:26 GMT, "Jeff Gaines" <jgnewsid@outlook.com>
wrote:

>On 05/12/2022 in message <9pirohd8t37dhloesb1r9ga1d96lm2jdkf@4ax.com> Mike
>Halmarack wrote:
>
>>The windows basic and Advanced Scaling Settings are at 175% which is
>>OK for just about everything else but the menu bar and tool bar sizes.
>>
>>I can't find anything else within windows to customise to the extent I
>>need. Have I missed something, or are there 3rd party apps to make
>>these adjustments?
>
>I vaguely remember a setting in Win 10 to adjust individual settings like
>fonts and task bars, I think it was on the resolution screen. Can't find
>it at the moment, my Win 10 box has gone doolally.

All my searches so far have come up with how to resize the taskbar and
text, both of which are fine here. Me and windows are in a struggle to
see who ends up in a straightjacket first.
I know there are alternatives but "energy low" as thundermonk often
claimed.
--

Mike

Re: Sight or site? Toolbar too small

<xn0nqa66342023z00c@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2794&group=uk.comp.homebuilt#2794

From: jgnew...@outlook.com (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt
Date: 6 Dec 2022 10:29:56 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Tue, 6 Dec 2022 10:29 UTC

On 06/12/2022 in message <ra3uoh9tcldoh3a0qjqdmeccfjgf6q5s6u@4ax.com> Mike
Halmarack wrote:

>>I vaguely remember a setting in Win 10 to adjust individual settings like
>>fonts and task bars, I think it was on the resolution screen. Can't find
>>it at the moment, my Win 10 box has gone doolally.
>
>All my searches so far have come up with how to resize the taskbar and
>text, both of which are fine here. Me and windows are in a struggle to
>see who ends up in a straightjacket first.
>I know there are alternatives but "energy low" as thundermonk often
>claimed.

I think the option has been removed. The nearest I can get is Windows Key
+ U which brings up ease of access but the options now are just text size
or making whole display bigger - and people wonder why I dislike Win 10 so
much. Win 11 has dropped 11 more settings as well as only allowing the
Taskbar to be placed at the bottom of the screen.

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
Remember, the Flat Earth Society has members all around the globe.