aus+uk / uk.sport.cricket / Denly Dynasty

SubjectAuthor
* Denly DynastyRichard Dixon
+- Re: Denly Dynastymax.it
`* Re: Denly Dynastymike
 `* Re: Denly DynastyRichard Dixon
  `- Re: Denly Dynastymike

1
Denly Dynasty

<0daef5de-f544-4d70-9bb5-61dcd37b96can@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27881&group=uk.sport.cricket#27881

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 03:31:34 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Denly Dynasty
From: richsdix...@gmail.com (Richard Dixon)
 by: Richard Dixon - Sun, 13 Aug 2023 10:31 UTC

Was at Surrey v Kent - a really great turnout - a couple of days ago. Kent fully worth their victory and Surrey showing that for all their strength in depth, the cupboard isn't that stocked with 2nd-string bowling talent as both Leics and Kent have eased to wins.

The Denly dynasty continued with a four off his only ball faced and a wicket maiden first over for Jaydn Denly - aged 17 - Joe's brother Sam's son (Sam himself a prolific club cricketer in Whitstable - they were batting together only a month ago in the Kent League: https://stats.acscricket.com/Archive/Scorecards/1201/1201487.html )

Re: Denly Dynasty

<l5dhdilp8dcjd2ks4c6rr6kunh96e2l6q8@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27882&group=uk.sport.cricket#27882

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Re: Denly Dynasty
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 11:56:57 +0100
 by: max.it - Sun, 13 Aug 2023 10:56 UTC

On Sun, 13 Aug 2023 03:31:34 -0700 (PDT), Richard Dixon
<richsdixon1975@gmail.com> wrote:

>Was at Surrey v Kent - a really great turnout - a couple of days ago. Kent fully worth their victory and Surrey showing that for all their strength in depth, the cupboard isn't that stocked with 2nd-string bowling talent as both Leics and Kent have eased to wins.
>
>The Denly dynasty continued with a four off his only ball faced and a wicket maiden first over for Jaydn Denly - aged 17 - Joe's brother Sam's son (Sam himself a prolific club cricketer in Whitstable - they were batting together only a month ago in the Kent League: https://stats.acscricket.com/Archive/Scorecards/1201/1201487.html )

That's a good start and if nothing else it'll get him noticed.

Christie Dignam's Daughter was on the radio after his funeral. She
said that people would ask her what it was like to have Christie as
her Father. Her reply was to ask them what it was like to have a
plumber as their Father. When people realised who her Father was she
said she had to work even harder to avoid acusations of nepotism.

max.it

Re: Denly Dynasty

<b2c24534-ae39-4ee9-8880-03db3d2d5cc0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27883&group=uk.sport.cricket#27883

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 06:38:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: dmike...@yahoo.co.uk (mike)
 by: mike - Sun, 13 Aug 2023 13:38 UTC

On Sunday, August 13, 2023 at 11:31:36 AM UTC+1, Richard Dixon wrote:
> Was at Surrey v Kent - a really great turnout - a couple of days ago. Kent fully worth their victory and Surrey showing that for all their strength in depth, the cupboard isn't that stocked with 2nd-string bowling talent as both Leics and Kent have eased to wins.

There have been some very good matches in the ODC so far. As for surrey, Moriarty looked a great
prospect a few years ago but since then hardly ever gets a game except when the big names
are busy. Likewise Steel, whove i never seen bowl, but as probably the only legspinner from california,
i'd like to see him get more tryouts; the problem for all these young spinners is that july and august
are mainly taken up with short format games. I'm surprised that dunn is still at surrey with all their
other quicks, he was a prospect himself once 10 years ago. Oz bazley had a chastening
experience for kent; the retirement of stevens has left a big hole at kent that no one yet has
looked like filling.

Leicesters patel has had a great season, and although duckett and crawley are firmly
in place in the test team now, I expect they will find trying to play bazball in india next year
rather more difficult. actually i think both will fail miserably, so it might be best to
have a few alternatives. I'm not a fan of watching Jennings bat but he is thought to
be a good player of spin, has experience of asian turners, so he too should be in the
frame for the squad, whenever they get round to picking it. Thats long ahead though;
we've endless T20s and odis and then the WC, and then more of the same in the
caribbean before xmas.

mike

Re: Denly Dynasty

<aaa409fa-01fe-4312-b3cd-9b88e343324fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27885&group=uk.sport.cricket#27885

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 09:58:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: richsdix...@gmail.com (Richard Dixon)
 by: Richard Dixon - Sun, 13 Aug 2023 16:58 UTC

On Sunday, 13 August 2023 at 14:38:37 UTC+1, mike wrote:
> On Sunday, August 13, 2023 at 11:31:36 AM UTC+1, Richard Dixon wrote:
> > Was at Surrey v Kent - a really great turnout - a couple of days ago. Kent fully worth their victory and Surrey showing that for all their strength in depth, the cupboard isn't that stocked with 2nd-string bowling talent as both Leics and Kent have eased to wins.
> There have been some very good matches in the ODC so far. As for surrey, Moriarty looked a great
> prospect a few years ago but since then hardly ever gets a game except when the big names
> are busy.

Ditto Virdi who should have long since gone from Surrey to save his career.

> I'm surprised that dunn is still at surrey with all their
> other quicks, he was a prospect himself once 10 years ago.

See above. Should have headed off to find form and game time elsewhere.

> the retirement of stevens has left a big hole at kent that no one yet has
> looked like filling.

Another one who - different circumstances mind - should have got another county. Can't believe he wasn't picked up this year.

> Leicesters patel has had a great season, and although duckett and crawley are firmly
> in place in the test team now, I expect they will find trying to play bazball in india next year
> rather more difficult.

Indeed - although I fancied Bazball would fail hilariously against NZ, India, SA, Aus...

Re: Denly Dynasty

<a124ecd5-86ae-46c0-8937-b197b8bd96ean@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=27886&group=uk.sport.cricket#27886

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 14:05:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: dmike...@yahoo.co.uk (mike)
 by: mike - Sun, 13 Aug 2023 21:05 UTC

On Sunday, August 13, 2023 at 5:58:22 PM UTC+1, Richard Dixon wrote:
> On Sunday, 13 August 2023 at 14:38:37 UTC+1, mike wrote:
> > On Sunday, August 13, 2023 at 11:31:36 AM UTC+1, Richard Dixon wrote:
> > > Was at Surrey v Kent - a really great turnout - a couple of days ago. Kent fully worth their victory and Surrey showing that for all their strength in depth, the cupboard isn't that stocked with 2nd-string bowling talent as both Leics and Kent have eased to wins.
> > There have been some very good matches in the ODC so far. As for surrey, Moriarty looked a great
> > prospect a few years ago but since then hardly ever gets a game except when the big names
> > are busy.
> Ditto Virdi who should have long since gone from Surrey to save his career.
> > I'm surprised that dunn is still at surrey with all their
> > other quicks, he was a prospect himself once 10 years ago.
> See above. Should have headed off to find form and game time elsewhere.
> > the retirement of stevens has left a big hole at kent that no one yet has
> > looked like filling.
> Another one who - different circumstances mind - should have got another county. Can't believe he wasn't picked up this year.

without going into full RH mode, it is rather disappointing that kent choose to give
employment to a rather lowly oz, who i expect most people have never heard of,
whos mainly notable for having a mysterious groin injury which sidelined him
for almost 3 years. now i've sad that bazley will probably make 100 or take 5wkts
next up. maybe the name made them think of bazball.

essex are another county who have chosen to buy in talent albeit very successfully
with Harmer for some years now and this season bracewell. but back in the day
they had acfield and the eccentric ray east homegrown combo who with JKL
helped them to all those trophies in the 70s & 80s.

> > Leicesters patel has had a great season, and although duckett and crawley are firmly
> > in place in the test team now, I expect they will find trying to play bazball in india next year
> > rather more difficult.
> Indeed - although I fancied Bazball would fail hilariously against NZ, India, SA, Aus...

yes me too, and especially our openers in the ashes. i didnt expect either of them to
last the series, and certainly not head the averages at 50+ as crawley did.

mike