This login session: $13.76, but for you $11.88.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Hilarious moment a Deliveroo cyclist rides a penny-farthing through London

SubjectAuthor
* Hilarious moment a Deliveroo cyclist rides a penny-farthing through Londonswldx...@gmail.com
`* Re: Hilarious moment a Deliveroo fairy-cyclist rides a penny-farthingJNugent
 `* Re: Hilarious moment a Deliveroo fairy-cyclist rides a penny-farthingMike Collins
  `* Re: Hilarious moment a Deliveroo fairy-cyclist rides a penny-farthingJNugent
   `* Re: Hilarious moment a Deliveroo fairy-cyclist rides a penny-farthingMike Collins
    +- Re: Hilarious moment a Deliveroo fairy-cyclist rides a penny-farthingJNugent
    `* Re: Hilarious moment a Deliveroo fairy-cyclist rides a penny-farthingswldx...@gmail.com
     `- Re: Hilarious moment a Deliveroo fairy-cyclist rides a penny-farthingMike Collins

1
Hilarious moment a Deliveroo cyclist rides a penny-farthing through London

<c034b270-1480-4947-b60d-c0d5ee4fc84en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2790&group=uk.rec.cycling#2790

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2021 10:21:38 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Hilarious moment a Deliveroo cyclist rides a penny-farthing through London
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 5 Sep 2021 17:21 UTC

Something you probably don’t see everyday is a Deliveroo cyclist riding a penny farthing through London.

We have become accustomed to seeing bright turquoise cube-shaped backpacks zipping around the roads of London delivering treats to those who have opted for a takeaway over cooking.

Sometimes they’re on the backs of people on mopeds, sometimes on regular bicycles, but what you almost definitely won’t have seen before is one on the back of someone riding an 18th century cycle.

This unknown man was spotted on Buckingham Gate SW1, a stone's throw from the Palace, yesterday around midday.

Greg Morris, who took the photo, said: “I was lucky I caught it, it was actually going pretty fast for a 100 year old cycle.”

He captioned the photo, which he shared on a community Facebook group, “Your food order is with the driver…”.

Although the identity of the cyclist is not known, he has become somewhat of a local legend with others sharing their picture of him online.

One posted a picture of the same man cycling the penny-farthing but wearing his casual clothing, still with the same fedora hat on though.

They captioned the image of him: “Nothing to see here, just an ordinary Londoner cycling down Beaufort Street in Chelsea.”

One commented saying: “He's been doing it for 20 years apparently.” While another questioned the practicality of it, saying: “Interesting to see how he deals with stop signs and tight corners.”

There is a dedicated penny farthing group in London who run many of the most historic road races in the UK.

The group host tours and even polo games on the Victorian-era modes of transport.

I’m sure none of them could have imagined that their favourite mode of transport could be used to deliver takeaways though.

Next time you order a Deliveroo, look out for him. And maybe go out to take your food from him, it looks like it must be a nightmare getting on and off of one of them!

https://www.mylondon.news/news/zone-1-news/hilarious-moment-deliveroo-cyclist-rides-21455700

Re: Hilarious moment a Deliveroo fairy-cyclist rides a penny-farthing through London

<ipl0k1FosomU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2802&group=uk.rec.cycling#2802

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Hilarious moment a Deliveroo fairy-cyclist rides a penny-farthing
through London
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2021 00:02:27 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sun, 5 Sep 2021 23:02 UTC

> Something you probably don’t see everyday is a Deliveroo fairy-cyclist riding a penny farthing through London.
>
> We have become accustomed to seeing bright turquoise cube-shaped backpacks zipping around the roads of London delivering treats to those who have opted for a takeaway over cooking.
>
> Sometimes they’re on the backs of people on mopeds, sometimes on regular fairy-bicycles, but what you almost definitely won’t have seen before is one on the back of someone riding an 18th century fairy-cycle.

Eighteenth century?

01/01/1701 - 31/12/1800 inclusive?

> This unknown man was spotted on Buckingham Gate SW1, a stone's throw from the Palace, yesterday around midday.
>
> Greg Morris, who took the photo, said: “I was lucky I caught it, it was actually going pretty fast for a 100 year old fairy-cycle.”
>
> He captioned the photo, which he shared on a community Facebook group, “Your food order is with the driver…”.
>
> Although the identity of the fairy-cyclist is not known, he has become somewhat of a local legend with others sharing their picture of him online.
>
> One posted a picture of the same man fairy-cycling the penny-farthing but wearing his casual clothing, still with the same fedora hat on though.
>
> They captioned the image of him: “Nothing to see here, just an ordinary Londoner fairy-cycling down Beaufort Street in Chelsea.”
>
> One commented saying: “He's been doing it for 20 years apparently.” While another questioned the practicality of it, saying: “Interesting to see how he deals with stop signs and tight corners.”
>
> There is a dedicated penny farthing group in London who run many of the most historic road races in the UK.
>
> The group host tours and even polo games on the Victorian-era modes of transport.

The Victorian period was during the eighteenth century, was it?

> I’m sure none of them could have imagined that their favourite mode of transport could be used to deliver takeaways though.
>
> Next time you order a Deliveroo, look out for him. And maybe go out to take your food from him, it looks like it must be a nightmare getting on and off of one of them!
>
> https://www.mylondon.news/news/zone-1-news/hilarious-moment-deliveroo-fairy-cyclist-rides-21455700

Re: Hilarious moment a Deliveroo fairy-cyclist rides a penny-farthing through London

<38f8823f-a5aa-4a18-be03-c3296a256328n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2805&group=uk.rec.cycling#2805

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2021 16:12:04 -0700 (PDT)
through London
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Sun, 5 Sep 2021 23:12 UTC

On Monday, 6 September 2021 at 00:02:27 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
> On 05/09/2021 06:21 pm, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Something you probably don’t see everyday is a Deliveroo fairy-cyclist riding a penny farthing through London.
> >
> > We have become accustomed to seeing bright turquoise cube-shaped backpacks zipping around the roads of London delivering treats to those who have opted for a takeaway over cooking.
> >
> > Sometimes they’re on the backs of people on mopeds, sometimes on regular fairy-bicycles, but what you almost definitely won’t have seen before is one on the back of someone riding an 18th century fairy-cycle.
>
> Eighteenth century?
>
> 01/01/1701 - 31/12/1800 inclusive?
> > This unknown man was spotted on Buckingham Gate SW1, a stone's throw from the Palace, yesterday around midday.
> >
> > Greg Morris, who took the photo, said: “I was lucky I caught it, it was actually going pretty fast for a 100 year old fairy-cycle.”
> >
> > He captioned the photo, which he shared on a community Facebook group, “Your food order is with the driver…”.
> >
> > Although the identity of the fairy-cyclist is not known, he has become somewhat of a local legend with others sharing their picture of him online.
> >
> > One posted a picture of the same man fairy-cycling the penny-farthing but wearing his casual clothing, still with the same fedora hat on though.
> >
> > They captioned the image of him: “Nothing to see here, just an ordinary Londoner fairy-cycling down Beaufort Street in Chelsea.”
> >
> > One commented saying: “He's been doing it for 20 years apparently.” While another questioned the practicality of it, saying: “Interesting to see how he deals with stop signs and tight corners.”
> >
> > There is a dedicated penny farthing group in London who run many of the most historic road races in the UK.
> >
> > The group host tours and even polo games on the Victorian-era modes of transport.
> The Victorian period was during the eighteenth century, was it?
> > I’m sure none of them could have imagined that their favourite mode of transport could be used to deliver takeaways though.
> >
> > Next time you order a Deliveroo, look out for him. And maybe go out to take your food from him, it looks like it must be a nightmare getting on and off of one of them!
> >
> > https://www.mylondon.news/news/zone-1-news/hilarious-moment-deliveroo-fairy-cyclist-rides-21455700

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4RIBmM2ZF0&t=203s

Re: Hilarious moment a Deliveroo fairy-cyclist rides a penny-farthing through London

<ipl3abFpaqbU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2810&group=uk.rec.cycling#2810

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
through London
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2021 00:48:29 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sun, 5 Sep 2021 23:48 UTC

On 06/09/2021 12:12 am, Mike Collins wrote:
> On Monday, 6 September 2021 at 00:02:27 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
>> On 05/09/2021 06:21 pm, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>> Something you probably don’t see everyday is a Deliveroo fairy-cyclist riding a penny farthing through London.
>>>
>>> We have become accustomed to seeing bright turquoise cube-shaped backpacks zipping around the roads of London delivering treats to those who have opted for a takeaway over cooking.
>>>
>>> Sometimes they’re on the backs of people on mopeds, sometimes on regular fairy-bicycles, but what you almost definitely won’t have seen before is one on the back of someone riding an 18th century fairy-cycle.
>>
>> Eighteenth century?
>>
>> 01/01/1701 - 31/12/1800 inclusive?
>>> This unknown man was spotted on Buckingham Gate SW1, a stone's throw from the Palace, yesterday around midday.
>>>
>>> Greg Morris, who took the photo, said: “I was lucky I caught it, it was actually going pretty fast for a 100 year old fairy-cycle.”
>>>
>>> He captioned the photo, which he shared on a community Facebook group, “Your food order is with the driver…”.
>>>
>>> Although the identity of the fairy-cyclist is not known, he has become somewhat of a local legend with others sharing their picture of him online.
>>>
>>> One posted a picture of the same man fairy-cycling the penny-farthing but wearing his casual clothing, still with the same fedora hat on though.
>>>
>>> They captioned the image of him: “Nothing to see here, just an ordinary Londoner fairy-cycling down Beaufort Street in Chelsea.”
>>>
>>> One commented saying: “He's been doing it for 20 years apparently.” While another questioned the practicality of it, saying: “Interesting to see how he deals with stop signs and tight corners.”
>>>
>>> There is a dedicated penny farthing group in London who run many of the most historic road races in the UK.
>>>
>>> The group host tours and even polo games on the Victorian-era modes of transport.
>> The Victorian period was during the eighteenth century, was it?
>>> I’m sure none of them could have imagined that their favourite mode of transport could be used to deliver takeaways though.
>>>
>>> Next time you order a Deliveroo, look out for him. And maybe go out to take your food from him, it looks like it must be a nightmare getting on and off of one of them!
>>>
>>> https://www.mylondon.news/news/zone-1-news/hilarious-moment-deliveroo-fairy-cyclist-rides-21455700
>>>

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4RIBmM2ZF0&t=203s

No, thank you.

If you had a point to try to make, you'd try to make it.

Re: Hilarious moment a Deliveroo fairy-cyclist rides a penny-farthing through London

<fe7eb7e7-a06c-4642-bd27-2bd3e1daefebn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2812&group=uk.rec.cycling#2812

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2021 20:46:15 -0700 (PDT)
through London
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Mon, 6 Sep 2021 03:46 UTC

On Monday, 6 September 2021 at 00:48:30 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
> On 06/09/2021 12:12 am, Mike Collins wrote:

> >> Eighteenth century?
> >>
> >> 01/01/1701 - 31/12/1800 inclusive?

> >> The Victorian period was during the eighteenth century, was it?

> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4RIBmM2ZF0&t=203s
> No, thank you.
>
> If you had a point to try to make, you'd try to make it.

No point, just a bit of Steampunk fun.

Re: Hilarious moment a Deliveroo fairy-cyclist rides a penny-farthing through London

<ipm7u6F1bbrU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2828&group=uk.rec.cycling#2828

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
through London
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2021 11:13:28 +0100
 by: JNugent - Mon, 6 Sep 2021 10:13 UTC

On 06/09/2021 04:46 am, Mike Collins wrote:
> On Monday, 6 September 2021 at 00:48:30 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4RIBmM2ZF0&t=203s

>> No, thank you.
>>
>> If you had a point to try to make, you'd try to make it.
>
> No point, just a bit of Steampunk fun.

Whatever.

Re: Hilarious moment a Deliveroo fairy-cyclist rides a penny-farthing through London

<512c0742-07d9-40c2-9a5b-5b034cf7b2cfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2835&group=uk.rec.cycling#2835

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2021 03:44:32 -0700 (PDT)
through London
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 6 Sep 2021 10:44 UTC

On Monday, September 6, 2021 at 4:46:16 AM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:

> No point, just a bit of Steampunk fun.

Probably has a local microbrewery as well!
We had David Jason in a local village interviewing a penny farthing rider for a Ch4 show.

Episode 1

Sir David Jason explores his favourite great British inventions and discovers how and why they were first thought up

Sir David looks at the British inventors who played a vital part in the wheel's evolution, from the Penny Farthing to the Stephenson Rocket. And he drives down memory lane in a Reliant Regal Supervan.

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/david-jasons-great-british-inventions/on-demand/70036-001

Re: Hilarious moment a Deliveroo fairy-cyclist rides a penny-farthing through London

<fda1ff38-b549-4c87-b1d6-459c2292bf80n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2841&group=uk.rec.cycling#2841

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2021 06:06:51 -0700 (PDT)
through London
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Mon, 6 Sep 2021 13:06 UTC

On Monday, 6 September 2021 at 11:44:33 UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, September 6, 2021 at 4:46:16 AM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:
>
> > No point, just a bit of Steampunk fun.
> Probably has a local microbrewery as well!
> We had David Jason in a local village interviewing a penny farthing rider for a Ch4 show.
>
> Episode 1
>
> Sir David Jason explores his favourite great British inventions and discovers how and why they were first thought up
>
> Sir David looks at the British inventors who played a vital part in the wheel's evolution, from the Penny Farthing to the Stephenson Rocket. And he drives down memory lane in a Reliant Regal Supervan.
>
> https://www.channel4.com/programmes/david-jasons-great-british-inventions/on-demand/70036-001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MganV8ikNHc&t=64s
Bicycles are responsible for exogamy.
Prior to the invention of the bicycle most people lived and died within walking distance of their birthplace.

Unfortunately we have gone in the other direction and bicycles are mainly used by intelligent high rate tax payers whilst cars are subsidised by same.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Hilarious moment a Deliveroo cyclist rides a penny-farthing through London