From: usenet.t...@gmail.com (Tweed)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Train travel appears to be covid safe
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 16:44:31 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:WBJ8kJcvLmGOGxPBrfySdCBSIKA=
 by: Tweed - Sun, 17 Apr 2022 16:44 UTC

With the warning that this is based on rather dodgy statistical data, it
appears that train travel is omicron secure. Neither my wife nor myself
have ever tested positive for covid. 8 days ago we travelled maskless down
the MML to St Pancras and then used Thameslink to Gatwick. We then spent 3
hours maskless in the airport lounge. 4 days ago we reversed the journey.
I’ve just done a lateral flow test which is negative. I may live to regret
this posting….

Re: Train travel appears to be covid safe

<68op5h9a7qda9d0c3qq3p0nilu86de0l9o@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28154&group=uk.railway#28154

From: charlese...@btinternet.com (Charles Ellson)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: Train travel appears to be covid safe
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 04:56:09 +0100
 by: Charles Ellson - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 03:56 UTC

On Sun, 17 Apr 2022 16:44:31 -0000 (UTC), Tweed
<usenet.tweed@gmail.com> wrote:

>With the warning that this is based on rather dodgy statistical data, it
>appears that train travel is omicron secure. Neither my wife nor myself
>have ever tested positive for covid. 8 days ago we travelled maskless down
>the MML to St Pancras and then used Thameslink to Gatwick. We then spent 3
>hours maskless in the airport lounge. 4 days ago we reversed the journey.
>I’ve just done a lateral flow test which is negative. I may live to regret
>this posting….

Obvious missing data is the passenger density.

Re: Train travel appears to be covid safe

<t3iv9t$1op$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28160&group=uk.railway#28160

From: usenet.t...@gmail.com (Tweed)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 06:09:01 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:OHmwg5UkrE22wbU/Q0ssZC2up3M=
 by: Tweed - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 06:09 UTC

Charles Ellson <charlesellson@btinternet.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Apr 2022 16:44:31 -0000 (UTC), Tweed
> <usenet.tweed@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> With the warning that this is based on rather dodgy statistical data, it
>> appears that train travel is omicron secure. Neither my wife nor myself
>> have ever tested positive for covid. 8 days ago we travelled maskless down
>> the MML to St Pancras and then used Thameslink to Gatwick. We then spent 3
>> hours maskless in the airport lounge. 4 days ago we reversed the journey.
>> I’ve just done a lateral flow test which is negative. I may live to regret
>> this posting….
>>
> Obvious missing data is the passenger density.

Train to StP about 75% full, 1st class
Train to Gatwick, rear declassified 1st class, almost empty
Gatwick intra terminal shuttle half full
Gatwick security - very densely occupied, queued in premium security for 30
minutes
Gatwick paid for lounge - every seat taken
Return Gatwick to StP Thameslink about a quarter full, rising to half full
in central core.
Spent about 90 minutes in a fairly busy StP waiting for off peak service.
MML train from StP, 1st class fully occupied.

aus+uk / uk.railway / Re: Train travel appears to be covid safe