From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Was it just me?
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 09:37:11 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff - Fri, 29 Dec 2023 09:37 UTC

.... who felt that Christmas was not really Christmas this year. I only sent
9 cards, I got about four, and it just felt everywhere as if somebody had
just decided to have Christmas on any old day. I guess it means very little
anyway these days to many, but nobody I speak to this year seem to really be
interested. There are no TV specials that are not either repeats or probably
got recorded in July, and that was probably the case for years, it was just
so obviously admitted in the show now.

I guess its just a time to sell stuff to the kids parents, but even that
does seem a bit subdued this year. Plus of course nearly everyone I speak to
has Covid and is pissed off.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Re: Was it just me?

<WOWcnZye2pwgCxP4nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28183&group=uk.rec.sheds#28183

Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 09:51:57 +0000
Subject: Re: Was it just me?
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: tease-an...@invalid (Tease'n'Seize)
 by: Tease'n'Se - Fri, 29 Dec 2023 09:51 UTC

Brian Gaff wrote:

> I guess it means very little anyway these days to many, but nobody I
> speak to this year seem to really be interested.

An excuse to go to the pub a couple of times and buy extra food/drink
which now needs polishing-off ...

Re: Was it just me?

<yZEjN.56238$i529.27391@fx12.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28199&group=uk.rec.sheds#28199

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 19:19:57 +0000
 by: Sam Plusnet - Fri, 29 Dec 2023 19:19 UTC

On 29-Dec-23 9:51, Tease'n'Seize wrote:

> Brian Gaff wrote:
>
>> I guess it means very little anyway these days to many, but nobody I
>> speak to this year seem to really be interested.
>
> An excuse to go to the pub a couple of times and buy extra food/drink
> which now needs polishing-off ...

Other than the pub... we hardly buy any more food until March[1], as we
live off the excess bought in for Christmas.

"We really must cut down this year." - is said every time, but it
doesn't seem to take.

[1] Maybe an exaggeration, but not by much.

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Was it just me?

<umoot3$18270$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28203&group=uk.rec.sheds#28203

From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2023 09:46:06 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff - Sat, 30 Dec 2023 09:46 UTC

I never have waste food, I guess a family may do, but its actually not that
hard to buy food that lasts and thus never needs a food recycle bin, which
is just as well around here as the chances of actually finding it after its
emptied are remote if you are blind as the just lob them over the nearest
fence.
Brian

--

--:
"Tease'n'Seize" <tease-and-seize@invalid> wrote in message

> Brian Gaff wrote:
>
>> I guess it means very little anyway these days to many, but nobody I
>> speak to this year seem to really be interested.
>
> An excuse to go to the pub a couple of times and buy extra food/drink
> which now needs polishing-off ...

Re: Was it just me?

<slrnuovqeh.4bp.maus@deb2.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28204&group=uk.rec.sheds#28204

From: mau...@deb2.org (maus)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 30 Dec 2023 09:58:41 GMT
 by: maus - Sat, 30 Dec 2023 09:58 UTC

On 2023-12-29, Sam Plusnet <not@home.com> wrote:
> On 29-Dec-23 9:51, Tease'n'Seize wrote:
>>
>> Brian Gaff wrote:
>>
>>> I guess it means very little anyway these days to many, but nobody I
>>> speak to this year seem to really be interested.
>>
>> An excuse to go to the pub a couple of times and buy extra food/drink
>> which now needs polishing-off ...
>
> Other than the pub... we hardly buy any more food until March[1], as we
> live off the excess bought in for Christmas.

My daughter insisted that we give the remains of the goose to the dogs
on dec 26. drinks still here, and christmas cake untouched.

> "We really must cut down this year." - is said every time, but it
> doesn't seem to take.
>
> [1] Maybe an exaggeration, but not by much.

--
greymausg@mail.com
Are there no jails, no lockdowns?

Re: Was it just me?

<xn0ob763vd0t53600h@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28205&group=uk.rec.sheds#28205

From: jgnew...@outlook.com (Jeff Gaines)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 30 Dec 2023 12:45:23 GMT
 by: Jeff Gaines - Sat, 30 Dec 2023 12:45 UTC

Food recycle bins are hard to find for everybody Brian! A neighbour was
away for a couple of days and she came round specifically to ask me to
take her food recycle bin in after it was emptied while she was away or
she would never see it again :-) Wasn't worried about the house, floods,
fire etc. just the food recycle bin.

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
Every day is a good day for chicken, unless you're a chicken.

Re: Was it just me?

<umuk5s$287rl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28218&group=uk.rec.sheds#28218

From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2024 15:02:19 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff - Mon, 1 Jan 2024 15:02 UTC

It must cost them a small fortune in broken or missing bins. They are fox
proof but not bin men proof, obviously!
Brian

--

--: