aus+uk / uk.sport.cricket / Re: 2 days at Lords - Middlesex vs Warks

SubjectAuthor
* 2 days at Lords - Middlesex vs WarksRobert Henderson
+* Re: 2 days at Lords - Middlesex vs WarksJohn Hall
|+- Re: 2 days at Lords - Middlesex vs Warksmax.it
|`- Re: 2 days at Lords - Middlesex vs WarksRobert Henderson
`- Re: 2 days at Lords - Middlesex vs WarksRobert Henderson

1
2 days at Lords - Middlesex vs Warks

<ee21dada-943c-4ba8-b9e2-a664226fd7cfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28248&group=uk.sport.cricket#28248

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 11:55:23 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 2 days at Lords - Middlesex vs Warks
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (Robert Henderson)
 by: Robert Henderson - Wed, 20 Sep 2023 18:55 UTC

Cold grey days forever hovering on rain. Playing this late in the year one more or less guaranteed to have unfriendly weather. . One would almost think the ECB had arranged things deliberately to turn people off the four day game.

Nonetheless there were interesting things on show. Middlesex started by
De Caries hit a fast fire 40 to top score in the Middlesex winnings. He looked every inch the top order battalion, very strong on the drive.

He only bowled a few overs but ha again gave the impression of spinning the ball very hard but

Midlesex began the match by engaging in their now traditional batting shambles being. all out for 121 . Warwicks so far have responded with 228-8. Will Rhodes is 95*looking very secure.

Tim Murtagh confirmed he would be retiring as a player to take up a coaching role with Middlesex then celebrated by taking a wicket with his first ball after the announcement of his retirement was made . I have been watching him bowl for around 20 years first with Surrey and then with Middlesex, As a cricketer he really does not look significantly now than when he was a young man.
RH

Re: 2 days at Lords - Middlesex vs Warks

<3Up+7ZDzj0ClFwYX@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28250&group=uk.sport.cricket#28250

From: john_nos...@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Re: 2 days at Lords - Middlesex vs Warks
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 20:33:07 +0100
 by: John Hall - Wed, 20 Sep 2023 19:33 UTC

In message <ee21dada-943c-4ba8-b9e2-a664226fd7cfn@googlegroups.com>,
Robert Henderson <anywhere156@gmail.com> writes
<snip>
>Tim Murtagh confirmed he would be retiring as a player to take up a
>coaching role with Middlesex then celebrated by taking a wicket with
>his first ball after the announcement of his retirement was made . I
>have been watching him bowl for around 20 years first with Surrey and
>then with Middlesex, As a cricketer he really does not look
>significantly now than when he was a young man.

Did you mean to put "does not look significantly slower..."?
--
John Hall "[It was] so steep that at intervals the street broke into steps,
like a person breaking into giggles or hiccups, and then resumed

Re: 2 days at Lords - Middlesex vs Warks

<62pmgi96vsebaneqbqlflgva5lejqcdkd4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28251&group=uk.sport.cricket#28251

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 22:30:30 +0100
 by: max.it - Wed, 20 Sep 2023 21:30 UTC

On Wed, 20 Sep 2023 20:33:07 +0100, John Hall
<john_nospam@jhall.co.uk> wrote:

>In message <ee21dada-943c-4ba8-b9e2-a664226fd7cfn@googlegroups.com>,
>Robert Henderson <anywhere156@gmail.com> writes
><snip>
>>Tim Murtagh confirmed he would be retiring as a player to take up a
>>coaching role with Middlesex then celebrated by taking a wicket with
>>his first ball after the announcement of his retirement was made . I
>>have been watching him bowl for around 20 years first with Surrey and
>>then with Middlesex, As a cricketer he really does not look
>>significantly now than when he was a young man.
>
>Did you mean to put "does not look significantly slower..."?

I read that and it reminded me of Harry and Bert from the two Ronnies.

max.it

Re: 2 days at Lords - Middlesex vs Warks

<cd0ac272-c871-43e2-874f-e1fdf1e5dbf6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28252&group=uk.sport.cricket#28252

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 23:25:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (Robert Henderson)
 by: Robert Henderson - Thu, 21 Sep 2023 06:25 UTC

On Wednesday, September 20, 2023 at 8:34:48 PM UTC+1, John Hall wrote:
> In message <ee21dada-943c-4ba8...@googlegroups.com>,
> Robert Henderson <anywh...@gmail.com> writes
> <snip>
> >Tim Murtagh confirmed he would be retiring as a player to take up a
> >coaching role with Middlesex then celebrated by taking a wicket with
> >his first ball after the announcement of his retirement was made . I
> >have been watching him bowl for around 20 years first with Surrey and
> >then with Middlesex, As a cricketer he really does not look
> >significantly now than when he was a young man.
> Did you mean to put "does not look significantly slower..."?

Yes. RH
> --
> John Hall "[It was] so steep that at intervals the street broke into steps,
> like a person breaking into giggles or hiccups, and then resumed
> its sober climb, until it had another fit of steps."
> Ursula K Le Guin "The Beginning Place"

Re: 2 days at Lords - Middlesex vs Warks

<f43482cb-c6d6-49e9-a08b-b1078a3cf9d0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28253&group=uk.sport.cricket#28253

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 23:33:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (Robert Henderson)
 by: Robert Henderson - Thu, 21 Sep 2023 06:33 UTC

On Wednesday, September 20, 2023 at 7:55:26 PM UTC+1, Robert Henderson wrote:
> Cold grey days forever hovering on rain. Playing this late in the year one more or less guaranteed to have unfriendly weather. . One would almost think the ECB had arranged things deliberately to turn people off the four day game.

Nonetheless there were interesting things on show.
De Caries hit a fast fire 40 to top score in the Middlesex winnings. He looked every inch the top order battalion, very strong on the drive.
He only bowled a few overs but ha again gave the impression of spinning the ball very hard but

Midlesex began the match by engaging in their now traditional batting shambles being. all out for 121 . Warwicks so far have responded with 228-8. Will Rhodes is 95*looking very secure.

Tim Murtagh confirmed he would be retiring as a player to take up a coaching role with Middlesex then celebrated by taking a wicket with his first ball after the announcement of his retirement was made . I have been watching him bowl for around 20 years first with Surrey and then with Middlesex, As a cricketer he really does not look significantly slower now than when he was a young man.
RH

Cold grey days forever hovering on rain. Playing this late in the year one more or less guaranteed to have unfriendly weather. . One would almost think the ECB had arranged things deliberately to turn people off the four day game.

Nonetheless there were interesting things on show.

De Caries hit a fast fire 40 to top score in the Middlesex winnings. He looked every inch the top order batsman n, very strong on the drive.

He only bowled a few overs but ha again gave the impression of spinning the ball very hard.

Midlesex began the match by engaging in their now traditional batting shambles being all out for 121 . Warwicks so far have responded with 228-8. Will Rhodes is 95* and looking very secure.

Tim Murtagh confirmed he would be retiring as a player to take up a coaching role with Middlesex then celebrated by taking a wicket with his first ball after the announcement of his retirement was made . I have been watching him bowl for around 20 years first with Surrey and then with Middlesex. Hhe really does not look significantly slower now than when he was a young man..
RH