From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Roy declines England call up
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 17:24:27 +0100
 by: max.it - Thu, 21 Sep 2023 16:24 UTC

I wonder if he has blown his future England chances now.

max.it

Re: Roy declines England call up

<6ntM31D3hHDlFwiu@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28256&group=uk.sport.cricket#28256

From: john_nos...@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Re: Roy declines England call up
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 18:08:07 +0100
 by: John Hall - Thu, 21 Sep 2023 17:08 UTC

In message <vdrogi5duq9ak4j9mk7rsfr9b8r4ipuur0@4ax.com>, max. it
<max@tea.time> writes

>I wonder if he has blown his future England chances now.
>
>max.it

I was surprised, because had he played in the two remaining matches and
done well it might at least have led to his being one of England's three
injury reserves. And it seems unlikely that he will be part of England's
plans after the WC, as they'll be looking to bed in younger players
looking forward to the next one in four years time. (Bairstow, Root,
Stokes, Malan, Ali, Rashid, Wood and maybe even Buttler might drop out
of the side over the next year or two.)
--
John Hall "[It was] so steep that at intervals the street broke into steps,
like a person breaking into giggles or hiccups, and then resumed

Re: Roy declines England call up

<d9d6554e-838e-4306-929b-58f1c5e414e8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28257&group=uk.sport.cricket#28257

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 14:02:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: dmike...@yahoo.co.uk (mike)
 by: mike - Thu, 21 Sep 2023 21:02 UTC

On Thursday, September 21, 2023 at 6:09:45 PM UTC+1, John Hall wrote:
> In message <vdrogi5duq9ak4j9m...@4ax.com>, max. it
> <m...@tea.time> writes
> >

> >I wonder if he has blown his future England chances now.
> >
> >max.it
> I was surprised, because had he played in the two remaining matches and
> done well it might at least have led to his being one of England's three
> injury reserves. And it seems unlikely that he will be part of England's
> plans after the WC, as they'll be looking to bed in younger players
> looking forward to the next one in four years time. (Bairstow, Root,
> Stokes, Malan, Ali, Rashid, Wood and maybe even Buttler might drop out
> of the side over the next year or two.)

i suspect hes in a sulk cos he wasnt picked for the full team first, but it
seems sensible to demand a player prove his fitness before. But bairstows
also clearly not 100%, although he has at least played recently, so
i spose thats why Kcad has been chosen.

Root not playing now, just resting.. theres not been a ball bowled so far
in this series, but its already attracting controversy!

mike