From: kof...@example.net (Kofi Libon)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Delay repay delay
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 14:54:32 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Kofi Libon - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 14:54 UTC

On April 12th, GWR emailed me about a delay repay claim I'd made. "We
have confirmed that the delay you experienced was 120 minutes or more
and that you are entitled to £[sum equivalent to 100%] in compensation."

Not a penny as yet. They should have paid up by now, no? How long does
it generally take (I chose the debit card option for payment, in case
that matters)?

Thanks
--
Kofi

Re: Delay repay delay

<ERt0ChcH1CYiFACQ@perry.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28440&group=uk.railway#28440

From: rol...@perry.co.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: Delay repay delay
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 16:56:55 +0100
 by: Roland Perry - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 15:56 UTC

In message <t3p6r8$5ea$1@dont-email.me>, at 14:54:32 on Wed, 20 Apr
2022, Kofi Libon <kofi@example.net> remarked:
>On April 12th, GWR emailed me about a delay repay claim I'd made. "We
>have confirmed that the delay you experienced was 120 minutes or more
>and that you are entitled to £[sum equivalent to 100%] in compensation."
>
>Not a penny as yet. They should have paid up by now, no? How long does
>it generally take (I chose the debit card option for payment, in case
>that matters)?

The email would normally say how long it takes to pay. The one I have
here from LNER says 14 working days (ie almost three weeks).

Thameslink have said in the past "14 days", which if that's calendar
days would be a fortnight.

I have to say that "14 working days" is a very strange number, why not
10 or 20?
--
Roland Perry

Re: Delay repay delay

<jcdkfrFb8g7U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28521&group=uk.railway#28521

From: use...@page2.eu (Clive Page)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 19:01:32 +0100
 by: Clive Page - Thu, 21 Apr 2022 18:01 UTC

On 20/04/2022 15:54, Kofi Libon wrote:
> On April 12th, GWR emailed me about a delay repay claim I'd made. "We
> have confirmed that the delay you experienced was 120 minutes or more
> and that you are entitled to £[sum equivalent to 100%] in compensation."
>
> Not a penny as yet. They should have paid up by now, no? How long does
> it generally take (I chose the debit card option for payment, in case
> that matters)?
>
> Thanks

The companies seem to vary a lot. Surprisingly, Thameslink are now very fast, generally approving a claim the same day and paying out in a couple of days. Perhaps that's because they get the most practice: I seem to have to claim from them a couple of times a month, even though I am not a frequent traveller.

East Midlands Trains (or is it Railway this time around?) seem to take a couple of weeks to do a bank transfer even after they have approved the payment.

--
Clive Page

Re: Delay repay delay

<t4dfej$eug$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28761&group=uk.railway#28761

From: martin.c...@round-midnight.org.uk
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 08:24:03 +0100
 by: martin.c...@round-midnight.org.uk - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 07:24 UTC

On 20/04/2022 15:54, Kofi Libon wrote:
> On April 12th, GWR emailed me about a delay repay claim I'd made. "We
> have confirmed that the delay you experienced was 120 minutes or more
> and that you are entitled to £[sum equivalent to 100%] in compensation."
>
> Not a penny as yet. They should have paid up by now, no? How long does
> it generally take (I chose the debit card option for payment, in case
> that matters)?
>
> Thanks

gWr seems to post vouchers about the same time as the email.