From: pamela.p...@gmail.com (Pamela)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast
Subject: "Live rewind" radio
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2021 08:34:59 GMT
 by: Pamela - Wed, 3 Nov 2021 08:34 UTC

The BBC Sounds app lets replay the last few minutes while listening to a
broadcast.

Are there any streaming services which offer a similar "live rewind" for
other stations such as LBC or Times Radio, as well as the BBC?

I think TuneIn Radio Pro has a rewind feature but TuneIn doesn't provide
BBC radio.

Re: "Live rewind" radio

<iuf0k8FchqdU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28439&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#28439

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast
Subject: Re: "Live rewind" radio
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 08:47:02 +0000
 by: Andy Burns - Wed, 3 Nov 2021 08:47 UTC

Pamela wrote:

> Are there any streaming services which offer a similar "live rewind" for
> other stations such as LBC or Times Radio, as well as the BBC?

On the Nest devices, you can say "Hey G**gle, rewind", you can say it
repeatedly, but it won't go back earlier than the point you started listening.

Re: "Live rewind" radio

<sltmmi$10s$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28444&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#28444

From: bria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Brian Gaff \(Sofa\))
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 10:01:50 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) - Wed, 3 Nov 2021 10:01 UTC

Tunein are really a bunch of lily-livered scaredycats. they have decimated
their channels available in the uk just because of some injunction from
sony and warner and the bbc asking them to remove their streams.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Pamela" <pamela.private.mailbox@gmail.com> wrote in message
> The BBC Sounds app lets replay the last few minutes while listening to a
> broadcast.
>
> Are there any streaming services which offer a similar "live rewind" for
> other stations such as LBC or Times Radio, as well as the BBC?
>
> I think TuneIn Radio Pro has a rewind feature but TuneIn doesn't provide
> BBC radio.

Re: "Live rewind" radio

<iuf633FdjchU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28447&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#28447

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 10:20:18 +0000
 by: Andy Burns - Wed, 3 Nov 2021 10:20 UTC

Andy Burns wrote:

> Pamela wrote:
>
>> Are there any streaming services which offer a similar "live rewind" for
>> other stations such as LBC or Times Radio, as well as the BBC?
>
> On the Nest devices, you can say "Hey G**gle, rewind"

works on Times Radio, but not on LBC or 5Live

Re: "Live rewind" radio

<sltpst$ljg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28453&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#28453

From: lew...@none.org (lew)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 10:56:29 +0000
 by: lew - Wed, 3 Nov 2021 10:56 UTC

On 03/11/2021 10:01, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
> Tunein are really a bunch of lily-livered scaredycats. they have decimated
> their channels available in the uk just because of some injunction from
> sony and warner and the bbc asking them to remove their streams.

The BBC told TuneIn that they wanted listener data on the BBC channels
they carried in the UK. When TuneIn (based in California) said no the
BBC pulled the plug on their channels in the UK. Note however that you
can still access BBC radio through TuneIn outside the UK. So, people in
the UK who mostly pay for the BBC can't access their radio channels
through TuneIn, but the rest of the world (who don't pay) can freely
access BBC radio through TuneIn.

--
Lew

Re: "Live rewind" radio

<sluhbj$8bt$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28467&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#28467

From: harroga...@ntlworld.com (Woody)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 17:36:50 +0000
 by: Woody - Wed, 3 Nov 2021 17:36 UTC

On Wed 03/11/2021 10:56, lew wrote:
> On 03/11/2021 10:01, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
>> Tunein are really a bunch of lily-livered scaredycats. they have
>> decimated
>> theirĀ  channels available in the uk just because of some injunction from
>> sony and warner and the bbc asking them to remove their streams.
>
> The BBC told TuneIn that they wanted listener data on the BBC channels
> they carried in the UK. When TuneIn (based in California) said no the
> BBC pulled the plug on their channels in the UK. Note however that you
> can still access BBC radio through TuneIn outside the UK. So, people in
> the UK who mostly pay for the BBC can't access their radio channels
> through TuneIn, but the rest of the world (who don't pay) can freely
> access BBC radio through TuneIn.

If you use Opera as your browser it has a built-in VPN which can 'place'
you outside the UK to use Tune-In.

Re: "Live rewind" radio

<XnsADD7B97E2228337B93@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28470&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#28470

From: pamela.p...@gmail.com (Pamela)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2021 18:14:04 GMT
 by: Pamela - Wed, 3 Nov 2021 18:14 UTC

On 10:20 3 Nov 2021, Andy Burns said:

> Andy Burns wrote:
>
>> Pamela wrote:
>>
>>> Are there any streaming services which offer a similar "live
>>> rewind" for other stations such as LBC or Times Radio, as well as
>>> the BBC?
>>
>> On the Nest devices, you can say "Hey G**gle, rewind"
>
> works on Times Radio, but not on LBC or 5Live

Amazon Alexa says it can't rewind either Times Radio or LBC. In theory,
it can rewind BBC Sounds but I've never had success.

It may be partly down to problems with voice commands but I think the
function isn't there.