From: FBInCIAn...@america.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket,rec.sport.cricekt,aus.sport.cricket
Subject: Warner unhappy with ball-tracking tech, explains outburst following
lbw against Sri Lanka
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 21:50:53 -0700
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Thu, 19 Oct 2023 04:50 UTC

I said that ball tracking software is IMPERFECT since 2011.

ICC didn't make any efforts to IMPROVE the ball tracking technology.

Warner unhappy with ball-tracking tech, explains outburst following lbw
against Sri Lanka

Australia opener was visibly angry as he walked off the field after an
unsuccessful review of umpire Joel Wilson's lbw decision

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/david-warner-explains-outburst-following-lbw-against-sri-lanka-1404017

David Warner has called for greater umpire accountability and has vented
his frustration at the ball-tracking technology following his lbw
dismissal in Australia's win over Sri Lanka in Lucknow on Monday. Warner
was given out lbw on field by umpire Joel Wilson for 11 when he played
back to a ball from left-arm quick Dilshan Madushanka.

Warner reviewed the decision immediately, but was dumbfounded and
visibly angry when ball tracking showed the ball was hitting the outside
of leg stump. Australia kept the review as it was umpire's call, but
Warner verbally lashed out as he walked off. Speaking on Tuesday, he
explained why he was upset and what he had said to Wilson after the
dismissal, and called for umpires' individual decision percentage stats
to be shown on the big screen just like batting stats are.

"I just sprayed out loud in frustration pretty much - not just at myself
- but [because] it kept low, and normally when something hits me on the
leg on the outside, I know it's pretty much going down leg," Warner
said. "I asked Joel when I was out there just what happened, why did he
give it out. He said the ball was swinging back. To his credit, if he
thinks that then that's why he's given the decision. But then when you
see the replay of how it unfolded, you get a little bit annoyed. That's
out of our control.

"There's a lot to say in terms of what I'd like to see. This probably
won't get across, but players' stats go up on the board as you walk out
to bat. When they announce the umpires, and they come up on the screen,
I'd love to see their stats come up on the board as well. Because we see
that in the NRL (National Rugby League). NRL shows those stats. I think
the NFL (National Football League) shows those stats [as well]. I think
it's a great thing for the spectators to see as well.

"Obviously players get dropped for poor performances. It's never
explained to us what goes on with the panel. It's just an indicator.
It's just little things to show spectators [that] it's not easy. You can
explain where it's not easy, [and] why it's not easy, and then when good
decisions are made, they can explain it. I just think it's something
that could be explored."

Warner stressed that he did not believe there were any biased
decision-makers among the elite panel of umpires, but he does want to
see greater accountability.

"You definitely know which umpires are going to give those 50-50 ones
when it hits the pad, and that's where from my perspective it gets
frustrating," Warner said. "There's no bias in anything. It's just that
you feel like that as a player sometimes.

Warner: "If you get a decision wrong, just accept it and apologise.
Players aren't going to bite your head off"•ICC/Getty Images

"There has to be some accountability. If you get a decision wrong, just
accept it and apologise. Players aren't going to bite your head off.
Umpires aren't going to bite your head off if you ask them the question.
They're generally pretty honest. You see it with the bunker in the NRL.
You get some absolute stinkers, and some umpires don't umpire the next
game."

Warner then took aim at the ICC's ball-tracking technology provider
Hawk-Eye, claiming he has never had the technology explained to him, and
that there should be greater accountability when the ball-tracking does
not appear to match what is seen on the replay.

"At the moment, we seem to be waiting for [ball-tracking]," Warner said.
"And as a player, you get more frustrated because you think, 'Did they
line it up? What's the impact points? how many impact points are there
before it goes on?'.

"I've never had Hawk-Eye come in and explain to us how the technology
actually works; it's just for the TV. If they could come in and explain
to us how it works, then sometimes we might not refer, or [actually]
refer it."

"To be fair, if you warn someone, you'd think that they wouldn't do
it [again]. That's just a perfect example of ignorance and arrogance -
just not listening"
Warner on Mitchell Starc warning Kusal Perera about leaving his
crease early at non-striker's end

Despite Warner's claim, it is understood Australia's players and
coaching staff have had multiple opportunities in recent years to learn
about how the ball-tracking technology works, with some players being
taken to the broadcast trucks to see the ball-tracking system in action.

It is also understood that Australia's players have had the opportunity
to work with some ICC umpires on decision percentages and
decision-making processes. It is not known which players have taken up
those opportunities or when they were specifically arranged.

Warner also commented on Mitchell Starc giving several warnings to Sri
Lanka's opening batter Kusal Perera about leaving his crease early at
the non-striker's end before the ball was bowled.

"To be fair, if you warn someone, you'd think that they wouldn't do it
[again]," Warner said. "That's just a perfect example of ignorance and
arrogance in a way - just not listening."

However, Warner was not asked why the Australians did not take up the
perfectly legal option of running Perera out.

Re: Warner unhappy with ball-tracking tech, explains outburst following lbw against Sri Lanka

<2tl1jipm06v2e5r8t2ps6eorhsqcb73l7e@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28533&group=uk.sport.cricket#28533

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Re: Warner unhappy with ball-tracking tech, explains outburst following lbw against Sri Lanka
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 08:22:39 +0100
 by: max.it - Thu, 19 Oct 2023 07:22 UTC

On Wed, 18 Oct 2023 21:50:53 -0700, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
<FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer@america.com> wrote:

>I said that ball tracking software is IMPERFECT since 2011.
>
>ICC didn't make any efforts to IMPROVE the ball tracking technology.

>Warner unhappy with ball-tracking tech, explains outburst following lbw
>against Sri Lanka
>
>Australia opener was visibly angry as he walked off the field after an
>unsuccessful review of umpire Joel Wilson's lbw decision
>
>https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/david-warner-explains-outburst-following-lbw-against-sri-lanka-1404017
>
>David Warner has called for greater umpire accountability and has vented
>his frustration at the ball-tracking technology following his lbw
>dismissal in Australia's win over Sri Lanka in Lucknow on Monday.

Never bother about what Warner says, he's just a cheating little
upstart.
He should have been banned forever for hitting Root let alone allowed
to play again after cheating in SA.

max.it

Re: Warner unhappy with ball-tracking tech, explains outburst following lbw against Sri Lanka

<XnsB0A2BC25446BAfoofoobar@85.12.62.221>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28534&group=uk.sport.cricket#28534

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
From: thunnusa...@hotmail.com (WhataWonderfulWorld)
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 07:29:57 GMT
 by: WhataWonderfulWorld - Thu, 19 Oct 2023 07:29 UTC

max.it <max@tea.time> wrote in

> On Wed, 18 Oct 2023 21:50:53 -0700, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
> <FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer@america.com> wrote:
>

>>I said that ball tracking software is IMPERFECT since 2011.
>>
>>ICC didn't make any efforts to IMPROVE the ball tracking technology.

>>=
>>

>>Warner unhappy with ball-tracking tech, explains outburst following
>>lbw against Sri Lanka
>>
>>Australia opener was visibly angry as he walked off the field after an
>>unsuccessful review of umpire Joel Wilson's lbw decision
>>
>>https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/david-warner-explains-outburst-
follo
>>wing-lbw-against-sri-lanka-1404017
>>
>>David Warner has called for greater umpire accountability and has
>>vented his frustration at the ball-tracking technology following his
>>lbw dismissal in Australia's win over Sri Lanka in Lucknow on Monday.
>

> Never bother about what Warner says, he's just a cheating little
> upstart.
> He should have been banned forever for hitting Root let alone allowed
> to play again after cheating in SA.
>
> max.it

Yeah England needs a good Root

Re: Warner unhappy with ball-tracking tech, explains outburst following lbw against Sri Lanka

<ugr4v2$aj7p$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28538&group=uk.sport.cricket#28538

From: FBInCIAn...@america.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Re: Warner unhappy with ball-tracking tech, explains outburst
following lbw against Sri Lanka
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 04:46:41 -0700
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Thu, 19 Oct 2023 11:46 UTC

On 10/19/2023 12:22 AM, max.it wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Oct 2023 21:50:53 -0700, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
> <FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer@america.com> wrote:
>

>> I said that ball tracking software is IMPERFECT since 2011.
>>
>> ICC didn't make any efforts to IMPROVE the ball tracking technology.

>> Warner unhappy with ball-tracking tech, explains outburst following lbw
>> against Sri Lanka
>>
>> Australia opener was visibly angry as he walked off the field after an
>> unsuccessful review of umpire Joel Wilson's lbw decision
>>
>> https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/david-warner-explains-outburst-following-lbw-against-sri-lanka-1404017
>>
>> David Warner has called for greater umpire accountability and has vented
>> his frustration at the ball-tracking technology following his lbw
>> dismissal in Australia's win over Sri Lanka in Lucknow on Monday.
>

> Never bother about what Warner says, he's just a cheating little
> upstart.
> He should have been banned forever for hitting Root let alone allowed
> to play again after cheating in SA.
>
> max.it

Yeah Warner got away light for cheating in SA.

I forgot about Warner hitting Root.