From: ema...@nowhere.com (Lew 1)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Islnd Line Improvements?
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 07:44:06 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Lew 1 - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 07:44 UTC

The planned timetables up to September for the Island Line are available
here:

https://www.southwesternrailway.com/plan-my-journey/timetables

If residents thought they might end up with a nice regular half-hourly
service from end to end, they will be severely disappointed… the service
drops to hourly during the afternoon, and all with irregular times
throughout. There are even some 2-hour gaps at Pier Head…

As inconvenient as the 20/40 interval with the old trains was, it was
better than this - what in earth is going on over there?

Lew

Re: Islnd Line Improvements?

<t4dgm4$opf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28764&group=uk.railway#28764

From: rai...@greywall.demon.co.uk (Graeme Wall)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: Islnd Line Improvements?
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 08:45:08 +0100
 by: Graeme Wall - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 07:45 UTC

On 28/04/2022 08:44, Lew 1 wrote:

> The planned timetables up to September for the Island Line are available
> here:
>
> https://www.southwesternrailway.com/plan-my-journey/timetables
>
> If residents thought they might end up with a nice regular half-hourly
> service from end to end, they will be severely disappointed… the service
> drops to hourly during the afternoon, and all with irregular times
> throughout. There are even some 2-hour gaps at Pier Head…
>
> As inconvenient as the 20/40 interval with the old trains was, it was
> better than this - what in earth is going on over there?

How to run a railway when you really want to get rid of it.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Re: Islnd Line Improvements?

<rQYvSkFZLlaiFAmu@perry.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28769&group=uk.railway#28769

From: rol...@perry.co.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 09:39:53 +0100
 by: Roland Perry - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 08:39 UTC

In message <444548962.672824404.270601.email-nowhere.com@web.aioe.org>,
at 07:44:06 on Thu, 28 Apr 2022, Lew 1 <email@nowhere.com> remarked:

>The planned timetables up to September for the Island Line are available
>here:
>
>https://www.southwesternrailway.com/plan-my-journey/timetables
>
>If residents thought they might end up with a nice regular half-hourly
>service from end to end, they will be severely disappointed… the service
>drops to hourly during the afternoon, and all with irregular times
>throughout. There are even some 2-hour gaps at Pier Head…
>
>As inconvenient as the 20/40 interval with the old trains was, it was
>better than this - what in earth is going on over there?

It is often the case that planned improvements are over-sold by the
promoters, which simply leads to disappointment when they under-deliver.
Railways appear to be particularly prone to this.
--
Roland Perry