From: bria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Brian Gaff \(Sofa\))
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Subject: Samsung smart tv and wifi
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 07:43:37 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) - Wed, 10 Nov 2021 07:43 UTC

Every so often my Samsung tv of last years vintage will come on and have no
alexa or streaming capabilities. No matter how many times you try, the only
way to reconnect is to pull out the mains plug for a minute or so, then plug
it in and switch it on. After a good deal of thinking about its navel, the
smart features then work. I'm almost ready to put in a network cable, since
its so close to the router that wifi signal strength should not be an issue,
even with interference from other local routers, I'd have thought.
I just wondered if anyone else had seen this.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!

Re: Samsung smart tv and wifi

<iv1crnFsknvU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28781&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#28781

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Subject: Re: Samsung smart tv and wifi
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 08:06:13 +0000
 by: Andy Burns - Wed, 10 Nov 2021 08:06 UTC

Brian Gaff wrote:

> I'm almost ready to put in a network cable, since
> its so close to the router that wifi signal strength should not be an issue,
> even with interference from other local routers, I'd have thought.
> I just wondered if anyone else had seen this.

I was going to say yes, but not very often. However I just turned on my Samsung
series 5 and looked under network status, which showed no IP addr, during the
time I've taken to write this, it has connected. If it's nearby you've got
nothing to lose by adding an ethernet cable.

Re: Samsung smart tv and wifi

<smgug2$7o5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28823&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#28823

From: bria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Brian Gaff \(Sofa\))
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 17:11:26 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) - Wed, 10 Nov 2021 17:11 UTC

No true, but I left this one on for about 15 mins and it had not connected.
Its more important for me, since I use Alexa to change channels and the
like. I've never tried the Bixby version, but people tell me its crappy. Of
course the default output voice most tvs have is rubbish. This one is an
Android voice called Pico.

I tend to use the narrow remote for it as it means I can go to bed with
wireless headphones and that remote and turn it off with it. Its radio not
infra red like the main one is.