From: john_nos...@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Australia v SA
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 10:32:14 +0000
 by: John Hall - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 10:32 UTC

I see there's currently a rain delay, with SA 44-4 off 14 overs.
Australia will be hugely pissed off if there's no more play either today
or tomorrow and SA go through to the final, and one couldn't blame them.
Perhaps SA's jinx in semis and against Australia will be broken in
unexpected fashion.

But even as I was typing that, play resumed. Hopefully there will be no
more interruptions.
--
John Hall
"Acting is merely the art of keeping a large group of people

Re: Australia v SA

<kovbli1kt8a37frri3lhcp4vo0r4vifm06@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28799&group=uk.sport.cricket#28799

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Re: Australia v SA
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 11:38:50 +0000
 by: max.it - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 11:38 UTC

On Thu, 16 Nov 2023 10:32:14 +0000, John Hall
<john_nospam@jhall.co.uk> wrote:

>I see there's currently a rain delay, with SA 44-4 off 14 overs.
>Australia will be hugely pissed off if there's no more play either today
>or tomorrow and SA go through to the final, and one couldn't blame them.
>Perhaps SA's jinx in semis and against Australia will be broken in
>unexpected fashion.
>
>But even as I was typing that, play resumed. Hopefully there will be no
>more interruptions.

127 for 6 at drinks with 17 to go. They may not even bat their overs.

max.it

Re: Australia v SA

<171c637a-adf8-4411-9d1c-665d1a3884e6@america.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28800&group=uk.sport.cricket#28800

From: FBInCIAn...@america.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 04:50:35 -0800
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 12:50 UTC

On 11/16/2023 3:38 AM, max.it wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Nov 2023 10:32:14 +0000, John Hall
> <john_nospam@jhall.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I see there's currently a rain delay, with SA 44-4 off 14 overs.
>> Australia will be hugely pissed off if there's no more play either today
>> or tomorrow and SA go through to the final, and one couldn't blame them.
>> Perhaps SA's jinx in semis and against Australia will be broken in
>> unexpected fashion.
>>
>> But even as I was typing that, play resumed. Hopefully there will be no
>> more interruptions.
>

> 127 for 6 at drinks with 17 to go. They may not even bat their overs.
>
> max.it

SA 212 all out.

60 runs short of a PAR total.

SA needs GODS help to make the Finals i.e they have to bowl out Ozzies
OR rain has to wash out the rest of the match.

Re: Australia v SA

<uj5hh6$2bh92$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28801&group=uk.sport.cricket#28801

From: FBInCIAn...@america.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 08:55:03 -0800
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 16:55 UTC

On 11/16/2023 4:50 AM, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer wrote:
> On 11/16/2023 3:38 AM, max.it wrote:
>> On Thu, 16 Nov 2023 10:32:14 +0000, John Hall
>> <john_nospam@jhall.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> I see there's currently a rain delay, with SA 44-4 off 14 overs.
>>> Australia will be hugely pissed off if there's no more play either today
>>> or tomorrow and SA go through to the final, and one couldn't blame them.
>>> Perhaps SA's jinx in semis and against Australia will be broken in
>>> unexpected fashion.
>>>
>>> But even as I was typing that, play resumed. Hopefully there will be no
>>> more interruptions.
>>

>> 127 for 6 at drinks with 17 to go. They may not even bat their overs.
>>
>> max.it
>

> SA 212 all out.
>
> 60 runs short of a PAR total.
>
> SA needs GODS help to make the Finals i.e they have to bowl out Ozzies
> OR rain has to wash out the rest of the match.

God was against SA. So close, yet so far for SA again.

To begin with, they needed at least 250 to defend against this
Australian team.

A couple of catches dropped, a couple of catches were just short of the
fielders, QDkock failing to score and laying a foundation for SA.

Australia still needed 9 runs when QDKock dropped this catch of Cummins.

Markram to Cummins, no run

is that a nick put down by de Kock? Yes, it is! Cummins drives and gets
a tickle, but it he can't hold it. Markram knew, so did Bavuma. Hit de
Kock on the thigh and then went straight down, although he almost got
the gloves under it at the second attempt

In the end, it was a pulsating match.