24 Apr, 2024: Testing a new version of the Overboard here. If you have an issue post about it to rocksolid.nodes.help (I know. Everyone on Usenet has issues)

aus+uk / aus.legal / Re: Service NSW Facebook block

SubjectAuthor
* Service NSW Facebook blockSylvia Else
+* Re: Service NSW Facebook blockPhil Allison
|`* Re: Service NSW Facebook blockSylvia Else
| +- Re: Service NSW Facebook blockPhil Allison
| +- Re: Service NSW Facebook blockRod Speed
| `* Re: Service NSW Facebook blockSarah Tonen
|  `* Re: Service NSW Facebook blockSylvia Else
|   +- Re: Service NSW Facebook blockRod Speed
|   `- Re: Service NSW Facebook blockNoodle
+* Re: Service NSW Facebook blockDechucka
|`- Re: Service NSW Facebook blockRod Speed
+* Re: Service NSW Facebook blockJames Last plays in Miami
|`* Re: Service NSW Facebook blockSylvia Else
| `* Re: Service NSW Facebook blockF Murtz
|  +* Re: Service NSW Facebook blockPhil Allison
|  |`- Re: Service NSW Facebook blockRod Speed
|  +* Re: Service NSW Facebook blockSylvia Else
|  |+* Re: Service NSW Facebook blockMax
|  ||`* Re: Service NSW Facebook blockSylvia Else
|  || `- Re: Service NSW Facebook blockRod Speed
|  |`- Re: Service NSW Facebook blockRod Speed
|  +- Re: Service NSW Facebook blockSylvia Else
|  +* Re: Service NSW Facebook blockPetzl
|  |`- Re: Service NSW Facebook blockSylvia Else
|  `* Re: Service NSW Facebook blockSylvia Else
|   `* Re: Service NSW Facebook blockMountain Magpie
|    +- Re: Service NSW Facebook blockMountain Magpie
|    `* Re: Service NSW Facebook blockSylvia Else
|     +* Re: Service NSW Facebook blockMountain Magpie
|     |`* Re: Service NSW Facebook blockPhil Allison
|     | `- Re: Service NSW Facebook blockMountain Magpie
|     `* Re: Service NSW Facebook blockPetzl
|      `- Re: Service NSW Facebook blockSylvia Else
+- Re: Service NSW Facebook blockRod Speed
+- Re: Service NSW Facebook blockSarah Tonen
`* Re: Service NSW Facebook blockSylvia Else
 `* Re: Service NSW Facebook blockMax
  `- Re: Service NSW Facebook blockSylvia Else

Pages:12
Service NSW Facebook block

<iob2f8Flda7U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2845&group=aus.legal#2845

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Subject: Service NSW Facebook block
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 11:16:22 +1000
 by: Sylvia Else - Sat, 21 Aug 2021 01:16 UTC

I've previously mentioned, I think, that I got blocked from posting to
the Service NSW Facebook page.

At the time, I submitted a GIPA request for the records of why I was
blocked, and by whom.

Service NSW responded that no such records were kept.

So then I made a complaint to Service NSW about their processes relating
to blocking people from the Facebook page. After a long period of
hearing nothing back, I escalated the complaint to the NSW Ombudsman.

Following that I received a response from Service NSW saying that I was
blocked for violating their social medial guidelines.

Er, but hang on - you said there aren't any records. So you don't know
why I was blocked.

I think they just make this stuff up as they go along. I can't believe
that they fell into such an obvious trap.

I may have to ask NCAT to allow me to seek review of the GIPA response
out of time, on the basis that Service NSW are contradicting themselves.

Sylvia.

Re: Service NSW Facebook block

<1b58f376-71e3-4ae7-84bb-8e919ccf319en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2846&group=aus.legal#2846

Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 18:42:24 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Service NSW Facebook block
From: palliso...@gmail.com (Phil Allison)
 by: Phil Allison - Sat, 21 Aug 2021 01:42 UTC

Stupider than Anyone a Else knows no limit:

=================================
> I've previously mentioned, I think, that I got blocked from posting to
> the Service NSW Facebook page.
>
> At the time, I submitted a GIPA request for the records of why I was
> blocked, and by whom.
>
> Service NSW responded that no such records were kept.
>
> So then I made a complaint to Service NSW about their processes relating
> to blocking people from the Facebook page. After a long period of
> hearing nothing back, I escalated the complaint to the NSW Ombudsman.
>
> Following that I received a response from Service NSW saying that I was
> blocked for violating their social medial guidelines.
>
> Er, but hang on - you said there aren't any records. So you don't know
> why I was blocked.
>
> I think they just make this stuff up as they go along. I can't believe
> that they fell into such an obvious trap.
>
> I may have to ask NCAT to allow me to seek review of the GIPA response
> out of time, on the basis that Service NSW are contradicting themselves.

** No they are not.

While not storing *details* of such cancellations, a listing of user names still exists.

Or they would not know whose posts to cancel ....

....... Phil

Re: Service NSW Facebook block

<iob5ccFlsviU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2847&group=aus.legal#2847

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 12:06:03 +1000
 by: Sylvia Else - Sat, 21 Aug 2021 02:06 UTC

On 21-Aug-21 11:42 am, Phil Allison wrote:
> Stupider than Anyone a Else knows no limit:
>
> =================================
>> I've previously mentioned, I think, that I got blocked from posting to
>> the Service NSW Facebook page.
>>
>> At the time, I submitted a GIPA request for the records of why I was
>> blocked, and by whom.
>>
>> Service NSW responded that no such records were kept.
>>
>> So then I made a complaint to Service NSW about their processes relating
>> to blocking people from the Facebook page. After a long period of
>> hearing nothing back, I escalated the complaint to the NSW Ombudsman.
>>
>> Following that I received a response from Service NSW saying that I was
>> blocked for violating their social medial guidelines.
>>
>> Er, but hang on - you said there aren't any records. So you don't know
>> why I was blocked.
>>
>> I think they just make this stuff up as they go along. I can't believe
>> that they fell into such an obvious trap.
>>
>> I may have to ask NCAT to allow me to seek review of the GIPA response
>> out of time, on the basis that Service NSW are contradicting themselves.
>>

> ** No they are not.
>
> While not storing *details* of such cancellations, a listing of user names still exists.
>
> Or they would not know whose posts to cancel ....
>

> ...... Phil

They know that I'm blocked. But now they're saying they know why I'm
blocked when they previously said they don't keep records.

Sylvia.

Re: Service NSW Facebook block

<weidnb-wEZj1_b38nZ2dnUU7-b-dnZ2d@westnet.com.au>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2848&group=aus.legal#2848

Newsgroups: aus.legal
From: Dechuc...@hotmail.com (Dechucka)
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 12:09:43 +1000
 by: Dechucka - Sat, 21 Aug 2021 02:09 UTC

On 21/08/2021 11:16 am, Sylvia Else wrote:
> I've previously mentioned, I think, that I got blocked from posting to
> the Service NSW Facebook page.
>
> At the time, I submitted a GIPA request for the records of why I was
> blocked, and by whom.
>
> Service NSW responded that no such records were kept.
>
> So then I made a complaint to Service NSW about their processes relating
> to blocking people from the Facebook page. After a long period of
> hearing nothing back, I escalated the complaint to the NSW Ombudsman.
>
> Following that I received a response from Service NSW saying that I was
> blocked for violating their social medial guidelines.
>
> Er, but hang on - you said there aren't any records. So you don't know
> why I was blocked.

Probably just looked at your crazed posts and decided that was the reason

Re: Service NSW Facebook block

<iob6k0Flvt6U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2849&group=aus.legal#2849

From: kill.fil...@such.as.Ordog.com (James Last plays in Miami)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 12:14:59 +1000
 by: James Last plays in - Sat, 21 Aug 2021 02:14 UTC

On Sat, 21 Aug 2021 11:16:22 +1000, Sylvia Else posted:-

> I've previously mentioned, I think, that I got blocked from posting
> to the Service NSW Facebook page.

So what did you want to post about?

Re: Service NSW Facebook block

<1930a3a1-5bb6-48e7-bde8-bdc22d5412a0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2850&group=aus.legal#2850

Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 19:55:43 -0700 (PDT)
From: palliso...@gmail.com (Phil Allison)
 by: Phil Allison - Sat, 21 Aug 2021 02:55 UTC

No-one is Stupider than Sylvia Else wrote:
==================================
Phil Allison wrote:

> >> I may have to ask NCAT to allow me to seek review of the GIPA response
> >> out of time, on the basis that Service NSW are contradicting themselves.
> >>

> > ** No they are not.
> > > While not storing *details* of such cancellations, a listing of user names still exists.
>> > Or they would not know whose posts to cancel ....
> >

> They know that I'm blocked. But now they're saying they know why I'm
> blocked

** And you have been told it.
There is only ever the same * non debatable* reason.

Same goes for ISPs and U-tube.

....... Phil

Re: Service NSW Facebook block

<iobahqFmq0iU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2851&group=aus.legal#2851

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 13:34:17 +1000
 by: Sylvia Else - Sat, 21 Aug 2021 03:34 UTC

On 21-Aug-21 12:14 pm, James Last plays in Miami wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Aug 2021 11:16:22 +1000, Sylvia Else posted:-
>
>> I've previously mentioned, I think, that I got blocked from posting
>> to the Service NSW Facebook page.
>
> So what did you want to post about?

Nothing in particular now. What appears to have got me blocked was
asking when the government would legislate so that information obtained
from Covid-19 QR code scanning could not be given to the police for
other purposes. Admittedly, I asked more than once.

Sylvia.

Re: Service NSW Facebook block

<iobds9Fne67U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2852&group=aus.legal#2852

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 14:31:01 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 21 Aug 2021 04:31 UTC

Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid> wrote

> I've previously mentioned, I think, that I got blocked
> from posting to the Service NSW Facebook page.

Great. no one should have to read your mindless shit.
> At the time, I submitted a GIPA request for the
> records of why I was blocked, and by whom.

> Service NSW responded that no such records were kept.

Great, so you get to go and fuck yourself, again.
> So then I made a complaint to Service NSW about their
> processes relating to blocking people from the Facebook
> page. After a long period of hearing nothing back, I
> escalated the complaint to the NSW Ombudsman.

And they should have told you to go and fuck yourself, again.
> Following that I received a response from Service NSW saying
> that I was blocked for violating their social medial guidelines.
> Er, but hang on - you said there aren't any
> records. So you don't know why I was blocked.

More mindless bullshit. They can obviously
look at your shit and work that out from that.
> I think they just make this stuff up as they go along.

Yep, you actually are that terminal a fuckwit.

> I can't believe that they fell into such an obvious trap.

Yep, you actually are that terminal a fuckwit.
> I may have to ask NCAT to allow me to seek review of the GIPA response
> out of time, on the basis that Service NSW are contradicting themselves.

They aren't, fuckwit.

Re: Service NSW Facebook block

<iobe0eFneo5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2853&group=aus.legal#2853

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 14:33:14 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 21 Aug 2021 04:33 UTC

Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid> wrote
> Phil Allison wrote
>> Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid> wrote

>>> I've previously mentioned, I think, that I got blocked from posting to
>>> the Service NSW Facebook page.
>>>
>>> At the time, I submitted a GIPA request for the records of why I was
>>> blocked, and by whom.
>>>
>>> Service NSW responded that no such records were kept.
>>>
>>> So then I made a complaint to Service NSW about their processes relating
>>> to blocking people from the Facebook page. After a long period of
>>> hearing nothing back, I escalated the complaint to the NSW Ombudsman.
>>>
>>> Following that I received a response from Service NSW saying that I was
>>> blocked for violating their social medial guidelines.
>>>
>>> Er, but hang on - you said there aren't any records. So you don't know
>>> why I was blocked.
>>>
>>> I think they just make this stuff up as they go along. I can't believe
>>> that they fell into such an obvious trap.
>>>
>>> I may have to ask NCAT to allow me to seek review of the GIPA response
>>> out of time, on the basis that Service NSW are contradicting themselves.
>>>

>> ** No they are not.
>>
>> While not storing *details* of such cancellations, a listing of user
>> names still exists.
>>
>> Or they would not know whose posts to cancel ....

> They know that I'm blocked. But now they're saying they know why I'm
> blocked when they previously said they don't keep records.

They don’t need to keep records to see why you were blocked,
all they need is your shit that got you blocked, fuckwit.

Re: Service NSW Facebook block

<iobe2jFnf1vU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2854&group=aus.legal#2854

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 14:34:23 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 21 Aug 2021 04:34 UTC

Dechucka <Dechucka1@hotmail.com> wrote
> Sylvia Else wrote

>> I've previously mentioned, I think, that I got blocked from posting to
>> the Service NSW Facebook page.
>>
>> At the time, I submitted a GIPA request for the records of why I was
>> blocked, and by whom.
>>
>> Service NSW responded that no such records were kept.
>>
>> So then I made a complaint to Service NSW about their processes relating
>> to blocking people from the Facebook page. After a long period of hearing
>> nothing back, I escalated the complaint to the NSW Ombudsman.
>>
>> Following that I received a response from Service NSW saying that I was
>> blocked for violating their social medial guidelines.
>>
>> Er, but hang on - you said there aren't any records. So you don't know
>> why I was blocked.
>
> Probably just looked at your crazed posts and decided that was the reason

Corse they did.

Wota terminal time wasting fuckwit that stupid cow is.

Re: Service NSW Facebook block

<4e7digpe4m1h0qn55td3cotivke6nnfdf3@j.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2881&group=aus.legal#2881

From: hoa...@moan.net (Sarah Tonen)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 05:47:24 +1000
 by: Sarah Tonen - Wed, 25 Aug 2021 19:47 UTC

On Sat, 21 Aug 2021 11:16:22 +1000, Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid>
wrote:

>I've previously mentioned, I think, that I got blocked from posting to
>the Service NSW Facebook page.
>
>At the time, I submitted a GIPA request for the records of why I was
>blocked, and by whom.
>
>Service NSW responded that no such records were kept.

Well, of course bloody not.

>So then I made a complaint to Service NSW about their processes relating
>to blocking people from the Facebook page. After a long period of
>hearing nothing back, I escalated the complaint to the NSW Ombudsman.
>
>Following that I received a response from Service NSW saying that I was
>blocked for violating their social medial guidelines.

Again, of course that would be their response. What else did you
expect??

>Er, but hang on - you said there aren't any records. So you don't know
>why I was blocked.

To get rid of this stupid, time-wasting shit. That's why.

>I think they just make this stuff up as they go along. I can't believe
>that they fell into such an obvious trap.

Trap? Are they Penalised for it? Nope.

>I may have to ask NCAT to allow me to seek review of the GIPA response
>out of time, on the basis that Service NSW are contradicting themselves.

You must be seriously bored. Thanks for wasting public resources.
Again.

Re: Service NSW Facebook block

<dj7digl3s9jfgdkhiv6oeap522r2ab2v1f@j.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2882&group=aus.legal#2882

From: hoa...@moan.net (Sarah Tonen)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 05:48:48 +1000
 by: Sarah Tonen - Wed, 25 Aug 2021 19:48 UTC

On Sat, 21 Aug 2021 12:06:03 +1000, Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid>
wrote:

>On 21-Aug-21 11:42 am, Phil Allison wrote:
>> Stupider than Anyone a Else knows no limit:
>>
>> =================================
>>> I've previously mentioned, I think, that I got blocked from posting to
>>> the Service NSW Facebook page.
>>>
>>> At the time, I submitted a GIPA request for the records of why I was
>>> blocked, and by whom.
>>>
>>> Service NSW responded that no such records were kept.
>>>
>>> So then I made a complaint to Service NSW about their processes relating
>>> to blocking people from the Facebook page. After a long period of
>>> hearing nothing back, I escalated the complaint to the NSW Ombudsman.
>>>
>>> Following that I received a response from Service NSW saying that I was
>>> blocked for violating their social medial guidelines.
>>>
>>> Er, but hang on - you said there aren't any records. So you don't know
>>> why I was blocked.
>>>
>>> I think they just make this stuff up as they go along. I can't believe
>>> that they fell into such an obvious trap.
>>>
>>> I may have to ask NCAT to allow me to seek review of the GIPA response
>>> out of time, on the basis that Service NSW are contradicting themselves.
>>>

>> ** No they are not.
>>
>> While not storing *details* of such cancellations, a listing of user names still exists.
>>
>> Or they would not know whose posts to cancel ....
>>

>> ...... Phil
>>

>They know that I'm blocked. But now they're saying they know why I'm
>blocked when they previously said they don't keep records.
>
>Sylvia.

What exactly do you expect them to say? You're completely deluded
about the real world.

Re: Service NSW Facebook block

<ioo8r0F8cnuU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2891&group=aus.legal#2891

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 11:24:48 +1000
 by: Sylvia Else - Thu, 26 Aug 2021 01:24 UTC

On 26-Aug-21 5:48 am, Sarah Tonen wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Aug 2021 12:06:03 +1000, Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> On 21-Aug-21 11:42 am, Phil Allison wrote:
>>> Stupider than Anyone a Else knows no limit:
>>>
>>> =================================

>>> ** No they are not.
>>>
>>> While not storing *details* of such cancellations, a listing of user names still exists.
>>>
>>> Or they would not know whose posts to cancel ....
>>>

>>> ...... Phil
>>>

>> They know that I'm blocked. But now they're saying they know why I'm
>> blocked when they previously said they don't keep records.
>>
>> Sylvia.
>
> What exactly do you expect them to say? You're completely deluded
> about the real world.

They can tell the truth. If they have records as to the reasons they
block people, then they should admit that in response to a GIPA request,
as they are legally required to do.

If they do not, then they should not claim that they do in response to a
complaint about the absence of oversight of their social media accounts.

What they should not do is respond in ways that are contradictory. That
just annoys people.

Sylvia.

Re: Service NSW Facebook block

<ioommoFartdU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2893&group=aus.legal#2893

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 15:21:24 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Thu, 26 Aug 2021 05:21 UTC

Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid> wrote
> Sarah Tonen wrote
>> Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid> wrote
>>> Phil Allison wrote

>>> They know that I'm blocked. But now they're saying they know why I'm
>>> blocked when they previously said they don't keep records.

>> What exactly do you expect them to say? You're completely deluded about
>> the real world.

> They can tell the truth.

They did.

> If they have records as to the reasons they block people,

They don’t.

> then they should admit that in response to a GIPA request, as they are
> legally required to do.

Nothing to admit.

> If they do not, then they should not claim that they do

They never did that.

> media accounts.

> What they should not do is respond in ways that are contradictory.

There is no contradiction.

> That just annoys people.

Vexatious time wasting pests like you aren't people,
those are scum who are completely irrelevant.

Re: Service NSW Facebook block

<4f496369-0777-4732-9f33-60ffd898d30dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2903&group=aus.legal#2903

Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 18:22:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: oznoo...@gmail.com (Noodle)
 by: Noodle - Fri, 27 Aug 2021 01:22 UTC

Hell, Sylvia,

> They can tell the truth. If they have records as to the reasons they
> block people, then they should admit that in response to a GIPA request,
> as they are legally required to do.
> If they do not, then they should not claim that they do in response to a
> complaint about the absence of oversight of their social media accounts.
> What they should not do is respond in ways that are contradictory. That
> just annoys people.

You're entirely right.

Service NSW appear to want to pull the wool under people's eyes in this case.

You did the right thing to lodge a GIPA enquiry. It is not a waste of public resources - it is their job to justify their existence.

Well done!

Oznoodle

Re: Service NSW Facebook block

<l6gWI.68$g_4.15@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2935&group=aus.legal#2935

Newsgroups: aus.legal
From: hagg...@hotmail.com (F Murtz)
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 11:14:57 +1000
 by: F Murtz - Sat, 28 Aug 2021 01:14 UTC

On 21/8/21 1:34 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:
> On 21-Aug-21 12:14 pm, James Last plays in Miami wrote:
>> On Sat, 21 Aug 2021 11:16:22 +1000, Sylvia Else posted:-
>>
>>> I've previously mentioned, I think, that I got blocked from posting
>>> to the Service NSW Facebook page.
>>
>> So what did you want to post about?
>>

> Nothing in particular now. What appears to have got me blocked was
> asking when the government would legislate so that information obtained
> from Covid-19 QR code scanning could not be given to the police for
> other purposes. Admittedly, I asked more than once.
>
> Sylvia.
and can it or is it?

Re: Service NSW Facebook block

<7da2c851-c1f2-4891-ad47-b9121b65862fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2936&group=aus.legal#2936

Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 18:30:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: palliso...@gmail.com (Phil Allison)
 by: Phil Allison - Sat, 28 Aug 2021 01:30 UTC

Fool Murtz wrote:
=============
> Sylvia Else wrote:
>
> > Nothing in particular now. What appears to have got me blocked was
> > asking when the government would legislate so that information obtained
> > from Covid-19 QR code scanning could not be given to the police for
> > other purposes. Admittedly, I asked more than once.
> >

> and can it or is it?

** If no law prevents.

The police would be delighted to have access to a database giving the location of every citizen at various times per day.
They could potentially make thousands of arrests based on that info.
Egs:

People breaching AVOs and bail conditions.
People driving with no license.
People who overstay their Visas.

..... Phil

Re: Service NSW Facebook block

<iotm9tF9nfaU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2939&group=aus.legal#2939

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 12:45:16 +1000
 by: Sylvia Else - Sat, 28 Aug 2021 02:45 UTC

On 28-Aug-21 11:14 am, F Murtz wrote:
> On 21/8/21 1:34 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:
>> On 21-Aug-21 12:14 pm, James Last plays in Miami wrote:
>>> On Sat, 21 Aug 2021 11:16:22 +1000, Sylvia Else posted:-

>>> So what did you want to post about?
>>>

>> Nothing in particular now. What appears to have got me blocked was
>> asking when the government would legislate so that information
>> obtained from Covid-19 QR code scanning could not be given to the
>> police for other purposes. Admittedly, I asked more than once.
>>
>> Sylvia.
> and can it or is it?

As far as I can see, nothing prevents it. Service NSW claims that the
information is deleted after 28 days, and this may be true, but that's
still plenty of time for it to be of use to the police.

In addition to the things suggested by Phil, if some crime is committed
in a place, people who were near that place could find themselves
dragged into an investigation of a crime they have nothing to do with.

Sylvia.

Re: Service NSW Facebook block

<sgccim$mn6$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2943&group=aus.legal#2943

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 14:03:34 +1000
 by: Max - Sat, 28 Aug 2021 04:03 UTC

On 28/08/2021 12:45 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:
> On 28-Aug-21 11:14 am, F Murtz wrote:

>>> Nothing in particular now. What appears to have got me blocked was
>>> asking when the government would legislate so that information
>>> obtained from Covid-19 QR code scanning could not be given to the
>>> police for other purposes. Admittedly, I asked more than once.
>>>
>>> Sylvia.
>> and can it or is it?
>
> As far as I can see, nothing prevents it. Service NSW claims that the
> information is deleted after 28 days, and this may be true, but that's
> still plenty of time for it to be of use to the police.

The law in WA was changed to prevent the police from accessing the data:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-15/safewa-app-sparks-urgent-law-change-after-police-access-data/100201340

What is the status of the law in NSW and in other states?

> In addition to the things suggested by Phil, if some crime is committed
> in a place, people who were near that place could find themselves
> dragged into an investigation of a crime they have nothing to do with.

Re: Service NSW Facebook block

<iotr5kFaj3rU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2944&group=aus.legal#2944

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 14:08:18 +1000
 by: Sylvia Else - Sat, 28 Aug 2021 04:08 UTC

On 28-Aug-21 11:14 am, F Murtz wrote:
> On 21/8/21 1:34 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:
>> On 21-Aug-21 12:14 pm, James Last plays in Miami wrote:
>>> On Sat, 21 Aug 2021 11:16:22 +1000, Sylvia Else posted:-

>>> So what did you want to post about?
>>>

>> Nothing in particular now. What appears to have got me blocked was
>> asking when the government would legislate so that information
>> obtained from Covid-19 QR code scanning could not be given to the
>> police for other purposes. Admittedly, I asked more than once.
>>
>> Sylvia.
> and can it or is it?

In theory the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act should
prevent it, but as one of my recent losses before NCAT showed, the Act
presents a very low bar to access.

Subsection 23(4) provides:

"A public sector agency (whether or not a law enforcement agency) is not
required to comply with section 17 if the use of the information
concerned for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was
collected is reasonably necessary for law enforcement purposes or for
the protection of the public revenue."

Where "reasonably necessary" is actually construed as "reasonably
adapted to".

I don't think the Act would present much of an obstacle in practice.

Sylvia.

Re: Service NSW Facebook block

<iotrcrFakc4U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2945&group=aus.legal#2945

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 14:12:09 +1000
 by: Sylvia Else - Sat, 28 Aug 2021 04:12 UTC

On 28-Aug-21 2:03 pm, Max wrote:
> On 28/08/2021 12:45 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:

>>> and can it or is it?
>>
>> As far as I can see, nothing prevents it. Service NSW claims that the
>> information is deleted after 28 days, and this may be true, but that's
>> still plenty of time for it to be of use to the police.
>>

> The law in WA was changed to prevent the police from accessing the data:
>
> https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-15/safewa-app-sparks-urgent-law-change-after-police-access-data/100201340

Thanks for the link. I hadn't heard about that. Just goes to show that
my concern was not unreasonable.

> What is the status of the law in NSW and in other states?

In NSW, I think we'd see police do the same thing if the situation
arose. Given that the response to my asking whether NSW would legislate
in the way that WA has had to, was to boot me out of their Service NSW
Facebook page, I doubt we'd see the same legislation in NSW.

Sylvia.

Re: Service NSW Facebook block

<iou0phFbjbmU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2946&group=aus.legal#2946

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 15:44:13 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 28 Aug 2021 05:44 UTC

Phil Allison <pallison49@gmail.com> wrote
> Fool Murtz wrote
>> Sylvia Else wrote

>> > Nothing in particular now. What appears to have got me blocked was
>> > asking when the government would legislate so that information obtained
>> > from Covid-19 QR code scanning could not be given to the police for
>> > other purposes. Admittedly, I asked more than once.
>> >

>> and can it or is it?

> If no law prevents.

> The police would be delighted to have access to a database
> giving the location of every citizen at various times per day.

It doesn’t do anything like that.

> They could potentially make thousands of arrests based on that info.
> Egs:

> People breaching AVOs and bail conditions.

Bullshit, because those doing that aren't going to do QR code scanning.

> People driving with no license.

More mindless bullshit. They are legally fine to be passengers.

> People who overstay their Visas.

More mindless bullshit. Doesn’t tell the cops where they live.

Re: Service NSW Facebook block

<iou0saFbjo3U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2947&group=aus.legal#2947

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 15:45:42 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 28 Aug 2021 05:45 UTC

Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid> wrote
> On 28-Aug-21 11:14 am, F Murtz wrote:

>>> Nothing in particular now. What appears to have got me blocked was
>>> asking when the government would legislate so that information
>>> obtained from Covid-19 QR code scanning could not be given to the
>>> police for other purposes. Admittedly, I asked more than once.
>>>
>>> Sylvia.
>> and can it or is it?
>
> As far as I can see, nothing prevents it. Service NSW claims that the
> information is deleted after 28 days, and this may be true, but that's
> still plenty of time for it to be of use to the police.
>
> In addition to the things suggested by Phil, if some crime is committed
> in a place, people who were near that place could find themselves
> dragged into an investigation of a crime they have nothing to do with.

Very bloody unlikely with retail outlets etc.

Re: Service NSW Facebook block

<iou152Fbl9tU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2948&group=aus.legal#2948

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 15:50:22 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 28 Aug 2021 05:50 UTC

Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid> wrote
> On 28-Aug-21 2:03 pm, Max wrote:

>>> As far as I can see, nothing prevents it. Service NSW claims that the
>>> information is deleted after 28 days, and this may be true, but that's
>>> still plenty of time for it to be of use to the police.
>>>

>> The law in WA was changed to prevent the police from accessing the data:
>>
>> https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-15/safewa-app-sparks-urgent-law-change-after-police-access-data/100201340
>
> Thanks for the link. I hadn't heard about that. Just goes to show that my
> concern was not unreasonable.
>

>> What is the status of the law in NSW and in other states?
>
> In NSW, I think we'd see police do the same thing if the situation arose.
> Given that the response to my asking whether NSW would legislate in the
> way that WA has had to, was to boot me out of their Service NSW Facebook
> page, I doubt we'd see the same legislation in NSW.

What Service NSW does with a vexatious serial pest on
their facebook page has nothing to do with what the
minister may do if the cops do what the WA cops did.

Re: Service NSW Facebook block

<r5nlig1fev964maoi641bi04s3oupoqb4c@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2953&group=aus.legal#2953

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 11:09:55 +1000
 by: Petzl - Sun, 29 Aug 2021 01:09 UTC

On Sat, 28 Aug 2021 11:14:57 +1000, F Murtz <haggisz@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On 21/8/21 1:34 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:
>> On 21-Aug-21 12:14 pm, James Last plays in Miami wrote:
>>> On Sat, 21 Aug 2021 11:16:22 +1000, Sylvia Else posted:-

>>> So what did you want to post about?
>>>

>> Nothing in particular now. What appears to have got me blocked was
>> asking when the government would legislate so that information obtained
>> from Covid-19 QR code scanning could not be given to the police for
>> other purposes. Admittedly, I asked more than once.
>>
>> Sylvia.
>and can it or is it?

Now we have been told Service NSW unable to reach 39,500 residents
whose data was compromised in hack. Does that mean all info given for
"Covid Safe App" has fallen into criminal hands? Ask Brad Hazzard
please
pay site?
<https://www.news.com.au/technology/online/hacking/service-nsw-unable-to-reach-39500-residents-whose-data-was-compromised-in-hack/news-story/680f4898f7bc802e35c55e62893c5910>
https://is.gd/wB5Azp
Service NSW unable to reach 39,500 residents whose data was
compromised in hack
Nearly 40,000 people are still unaware their private information was
stolen by hackers in a massive attack against an email server.
--
Petzl
The problem with socialism is that you