Fidelity, n.: A virtue peculiar to those who are about to be betrayed.

aus+uk / uk.sport.cricket / Re: Congratulations Australia for WINNING the ODI World Cup 2023

SubjectAuthor
* Congratulations Australia for WINNING the ODI World Cup 2023FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
`* Re: Congratulations Australia for WINNING the ODI World Cup 2023John Hall
 +* Re: Congratulations Australia for WINNING the ODI World Cup 2023FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
 |`* Re: Congratulations Australia for WINNING the ODI World Cup 2023wlsut...@gmail.com
 | `* Re: Congratulations Australia for WINNING the ODI World Cup 2023FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
 |  `- Re: Congratulations Australia for WINNING the ODI World Cup 2023wlsut...@gmail.com
 `- Re: Congratulations Australia for WINNING the ODI World Cup 2023mike

1
Congratulations Australia for WINNING the ODI World Cup 2023

<ujd7q6$3ri0o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28817&group=uk.sport.cricket#28817

From: FBInCIAn...@america.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Congratulations Australia for WINNING the ODI World Cup 2023
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2023 06:58:08 -0800
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Sun, 19 Nov 2023 14:58 UTC

Congratulations Australia for WINNING the ODI World Cup 2023

Well played.

WHY AUSTRALIA WON:

Better prepared, better plans, better execution, better mindset,
excellent fielding and catching, fighting to SAVE every RUN while
fielding, way better tactics than India, customized plans for EACH
Indian batsman.

Why India LOST:

Complacency
Inadequate preparation against Australia
Rahul and Kohli Going into a Shell and playing too many dots in the
middle overs
Suryakumar NOT farming the strike with tail-enders
SKY not compensating the slow pitch
Bad fielding
Above average captaincy
NOT gambling and going with Ashwin in place of Siraj
Not handling FINALS pressure adequately
Law of averages caught up with India and had a bad day

India keeps repeating these mistakes for years which is why they DIDN'T
WIN many ICC CUP semis and finals since 2015.

Re: Congratulations Australia for WINNING the ODI World Cup 2023

<fxaSe0A74jWlFwuv@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28818&group=uk.sport.cricket#28818

From: john_nos...@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2023 16:56:27 +0000
 by: John Hall - Sun, 19 Nov 2023 16:56 UTC

In message <ujd7q6$3ri0o$1@dont-email.me>, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
<FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer@america.com> writes

>Congratulations Australia for WINNING the ODI World Cup 2023
>
>Well played.

Yes, congratulations - through gritted teeth - to Australia and
commiserations to India. You may have had a point when you said a day or
two ago that the odds were only about 60-40 in India's favour.

>WHY AUSTRALIA WON:
>
>Better prepared, better plans, better execution, better mindset,
>excellent fielding and catching, fighting to SAVE every RUN while
>fielding, way better tactics than India, customized plans for EACH
>Indian batsman.

Cummins also made the right decision at the toss. Sharma said India were
happy, as they wanted to bat first, but he might have been putting a
brave face on things for the sake of his side's morale.

A couple of shrewd selections decisions too. Not sending Head home when
he was injured and calling in a replacement, even though he missed four
games. And sticking with Labuschagne rather than bringing in Stoinis to
give another bowling option.

>Why India LOST:
>

>Complacency
>Inadequate preparation against Australia
>Rahul and Kohli Going into a Shell and playing too many dots in the
>middle overs
>Suryakumar NOT farming the strike with tail-enders
>SKY not compensating the slow pitch
>Bad fielding
>Above average captaincy
>NOT gambling and going with Ashwin in place of Siraj
>Not handling FINALS pressure adequately
>Law of averages caught up with India and had a bad day

It was suggested on commentary that opening with Bumrah and Shami,
though understandable, meant that Siraj had to bowl in the middle overs,
where he hasn't been very effective. That strengthens your point that
perhaps India should have gone for Ashwin.

--
John Hall
"Acting is merely the art of keeping a large group of people

Re: Congratulations Australia for WINNING the ODI World Cup 2023

<8d59e898-b4ec-4f50-90a8-541069bd0518@america.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28819&group=uk.sport.cricket#28819

From: FBInCIAn...@america.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2023 09:49:04 -0800
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Sun, 19 Nov 2023 17:49 UTC

On 11/19/2023 8:56 AM, John Hall wrote:
> In message <ujd7q6$3ri0o$1@dont-email.me>, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
> <FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer@america.com> writes
>>

>> Congratulations Australia for WINNING the ODI World Cup 2023
>>
>> Well played.
>
> Yes, congratulations - through gritted teeth - to Australia and
> commiserations to India. You may have had a point when you said a day or
> two ago that the odds were only about 60-40 in India's favour.

I gave India 60-40 ONLY because of playing at home on Indian pitches.

IF this game is played at a neutral venue, I would have given Australia
60-40 odds.

>> WHY AUSTRALIA WON:
>>
>> Better prepared, better plans, better execution, better mindset,
>> excellent fielding and catching, fighting to SAVE every RUN while
>> fielding, way better tactics than India, customized plans for EACH
>> Indian batsman.
>>

> Cummins also made the right decision at the toss. Sharma said India were
> happy, as they wanted to bat first, but he might have been putting a
> brave face on things for the sake of his side's morale.
>

> A couple of shrewd selections decisions too. Not sending Head home when
> he was injured and calling in a replacement, even though he missed four
> games. And sticking with Labuschagne rather than bringing in Stoinis to
> give another bowling option.
>

>> Why India LOST:
>>

>> Complacency
>> Inadequate preparation against Australia
>> Rahul and Kohli Going into a Shell and playing too many dots in the
>> middle overs
>> Suryakumar NOT farming the strike with tail-enders
>> SKY not compensating the slow pitch
>> Bad fielding
>> Above average captaincy
>> NOT gambling and going with Ashwin in place of Siraj
>> Not handling FINALS pressure adequately
>> Law of averages caught up with India and had a bad day
>>
> It was suggested on commentary that opening with Bumrah and Shami,
> though understandable, meant that Siraj had to bowl in the middle overs,
> where he hasn't been very effective. That strengthens your point that
> perhaps India should have gone for Ashwin.

Yeah I complained about Dravid and Rohit's tactics and team selections
for the last two years in WC T20 semis vs England, WTC Championship vs
Australia and now WC2023 finals vs Australia.

Sports scribes got emotional and proclaimed Rohit Sharma as a GREAT
CAPTAIN based on the 10 game winning streak but I knew he is just an
ABOVE AVERAGE captain.

Vaughan AFTER THE FACT:

"It is only a small thing but I would love to know why Mohammed Shami
took the new ball today rather than Mohammed Siraj. That has been their
blueprint of success. If Shami was going to open the bowling then
Ravichandran Ashwin should have played tonight instead of Siraj."

-- Former England skipper Michael Vaughan on BBC commentary.

Aus used Maxwell quite early in the first power play in the 8th over
itself to INVITE Rohit to go after him and make a mistake and it worked
like a CHARM in Maxi's 2nd over.

Iyer got out neither playing offense nor defense, giving catching
practice to Inglis.

>> India keeps repeating these mistakes for years which is why they
>> DIDN'T WIN many ICC CUP semis and finals since 2015.

Re: Congratulations Australia for WINNING the ODI World Cup 2023

<f35dfff1-023c-4f27-b90a-a05b77e2c688n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28823&group=uk.sport.cricket#28823

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2023 13:38:06 -0800 (PST)
From: wlsutto...@gmail.com (wlsut...@gmail.com)
 by: wlsut...@gmail.com - Sun, 19 Nov 2023 21:38 UTC

On Monday, November 20, 2023 at 4:49:13 AM UTC+11, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer wrote:
> [...]
> CAPTAIN based on the 10 game winning streak but I knew he is just an
> ABOVE AVERAGE captain.
>

> Vaughan AFTER THE FACT:
>
> "It is only a small thing but I would love to know why Mohammed Shami
> took the new ball today rather than Mohammed Siraj. That has been their
> blueprint of success. If Shami was going to open the bowling then
> Ravichandran Ashwin should have played tonight instead of Siraj."
>
> -- Former England skipper Michael Vaughan on BBC commentary.
>

> Aus used Maxwell quite early in the first power play in the 8th over
> itself to INVITE Rohit to go after him and make a mistake and it worked
> like a CHARM in Maxi's 2nd over.
>
> Iyer got out neither playing offense nor defense, giving catching
> practice to Inglis.
> >>
> >> India keeps repeating these mistakes for years which is why they
> >> DIDN'T WIN many ICC CUP semis and finals since 2015.

The rumor is that the groundsmen are seeking asylum in Australia

to win 12 games in a row is a very big ask and luck finally went against them

Re: Congratulations Australia for WINNING the ODI World Cup 2023

<d97d63b2-64a0-492e-8587-7d4c21975c2an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28827&group=uk.sport.cricket#28827

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 07:04:33 -0800 (PST)
From: dmike...@yahoo.co.uk (mike)
 by: mike - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 15:04 UTC

On Sunday, November 19, 2023 at 4:59:02 PM UTC, John Hall wrote:
> In message <ujd7q6$3ri0o$1...@dont-email.me>, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
> <FBInCIAnNSATe...@america.com> writes
> >

> >Congratulations Australia for WINNING the ODI World Cup 2023
> >
> >Well played.
> Yes, congratulations - through gritted teeth - to Australia and
> commiserations to India. You may have had a point when you said a day or
> two ago that the odds were only about 60-40 in India's favour.
> >
> >WHY AUSTRALIA WON:
> >
> >Better prepared, better plans, better execution, better mindset,
> >excellent fielding and catching, fighting to SAVE every RUN while
> >fielding, way better tactics than India, customized plans for EACH
> >Indian batsman.
> >
> Cummins also made the right decision at the toss. Sharma said India were
> happy, as they wanted to bat first, but he might have been putting a
> brave face on things for the sake of his side's morale.
>
> A couple of shrewd selections decisions too. Not sending Head home when
> he was injured and calling in a replacement, even though he missed four
> games. And sticking with Labuschagne rather than bringing in Stoinis to
> give another bowling option.

yes it all paid off. i had a small bet on oz, which is usually the kiss of death for
any team i bet on, so i was happy too. however i didnt expect oz to win,
when india were 60-1 off about 9 i expected them to get another 300+ score,
but oz bowled and fielded very well. travis catch was fantastic. everytime
india seemed to be getting back on top, oz took a wkt.

> It was suggested on commentary that opening with Bumrah and Shami,
> though understandable, meant that Siraj had to bowl in the middle overs,
> where he hasn't been very effective. That strengthens your point that
> perhaps India should have gone for Ashwin.

i suspect becos of the lowish total he went for his best bowlers to open,
and when oz were 41-3 it looked right, but shami bowled very pooorly,
so in retrospect they should have stuck with siraj. i would have had ashwin instead
of kuldeep. personally i would have preferred india to win just cos i dont
like the home crowd looking so sad, but india have had a wonderful tournament
winning 11 games in a row is amazing, they must have given a lot of joy along the
way.

mike

Re: Congratulations Australia for WINNING the ODI World Cup 2023

<37635000-a77d-48fb-9352-c5cd02c423a5@america.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28830&group=uk.sport.cricket#28830

From: FBInCIAn...@america.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 08:26:45 -0800
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 16:26 UTC

On 11/19/2023 1:38 PM, wlsut...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, November 20, 2023 at 4:49:13 AM UTC+11, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer wrote:
>> On 11/19/2023 8:56 AM, John Hall wrote:
>>> In message <ujd7q6$3ri0o$1...@dont-email.me>, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
>>> <FBInCIAnNSATe...@america.com> writes

>>> Yes, congratulations - through gritted teeth - to Australia and
>>> commiserations to India. You may have had a point when you said a day or
>>> two ago that the odds were only about 60-40 in India's favour.
>> I gave India 60-40 ONLY because of playing at home on Indian pitches.
>>
>> IF this game is played at a neutral venue, I would have given Australia
>> 60-40 odds.

>>> Cummins also made the right decision at the toss. Sharma said India were
>>> happy, as they wanted to bat first, but he might have been putting a
>>> brave face on things for the sake of his side's morale.
>>>

>>> A couple of shrewd selections decisions too. Not sending Head home when
>>> he was injured and calling in a replacement, even though he missed four
>>> games. And sticking with Labuschagne rather than bringing in Stoinis to
>>> give another bowling option.

>>> It was suggested on commentary that opening with Bumrah and Shami,
>>> though understandable, meant that Siraj had to bowl in the middle overs,
>>> where he hasn't been very effective. That strengthens your point that
>>> perhaps India should have gone for Ashwin.
>>>
>> Yeah I complained about Dravid and Rohit's tactics and team selections
>> for the last two years in WC T20 semis vs England, WTC Championship vs
>> Australia and now WC2023 finals vs Australia.
>>
>> Sports scribes got emotional and proclaimed Rohit Sharma as a GREAT
>> CAPTAIN based on the 10 game winning streak but I knew he is just an
>> ABOVE AVERAGE captain.
>>

>> Vaughan AFTER THE FACT:
>>
>> "It is only a small thing but I would love to know why Mohammed Shami
>> took the new ball today rather than Mohammed Siraj. That has been their
>> blueprint of success. If Shami was going to open the bowling then
>> Ravichandran Ashwin should have played tonight instead of Siraj."
>>
>> -- Former England skipper Michael Vaughan on BBC commentary.
>>

>> Aus used Maxwell quite early in the first power play in the 8th over
>> itself to INVITE Rohit to go after him and make a mistake and it worked
>> like a CHARM in Maxi's 2nd over.
>>
>> Iyer got out neither playing offense nor defense, giving catching
>> practice to Inglis.

> The rumor is that the groundsmen are seeking asylum in Australia
>
> to win 12 games in a row is a very big ask and luck finally went against them

The STUPID Indian team management went for a slow pitch like the one
they played with Pakis at Ahmedabad, and got fucked royally vs Aus

Australia is NOT pakistan.

Secondly, there is NO guarantee that India will WIN the toss.

BAD planning and execution.

Re: Congratulations Australia for WINNING the ODI World Cup 2023

<7077c7b2-6760-4dea-bcc4-a4fe0bf1411dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28852&group=uk.sport.cricket#28852

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2023 14:19:24 -0800 (PST)
From: wlsutto...@gmail.com (wlsut...@gmail.com)
 by: wlsut...@gmail.com - Wed, 22 Nov 2023 22:19 UTC

On Tuesday, November 21, 2023 at 3:26:46 AM UTC+11, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer wrote:
> On 11/19/2023 1:38 PM, wlsut...@gmail.com wrote:

> >> I gave India 60-40 ONLY because of playing at home on Indian pitches.
> >>
> >> IF this game is played at a neutral venue, I would have given Australia
> >> 60-40 odds.

> >> Yeah I complained about Dravid and Rohit's tactics and team selections
> >> for the last two years in WC T20 semis vs England, WTC Championship vs
> >> Australia and now WC2023 finals vs Australia.
> >>
> >> Sports scribes got emotional and proclaimed Rohit Sharma as a GREAT
> >> CAPTAIN based on the 10 game winning streak but I knew he is just an
> >> ABOVE AVERAGE captain.
> >>

> >> Vaughan AFTER THE FACT:
> >>
> >> "It is only a small thing but I would love to know why Mohammed Shami
> >> took the new ball today rather than Mohammed Siraj. That has been their
> >> blueprint of success. If Shami was going to open the bowling then
> >> Ravichandran Ashwin should have played tonight instead of Siraj."
> >>
> >> -- Former England skipper Michael Vaughan on BBC commentary.
> >>

> >> Aus used Maxwell quite early in the first power play in the 8th over
> >> itself to INVITE Rohit to go after him and make a mistake and it worked
> >> like a CHARM in Maxi's 2nd over.
> >>
> >> Iyer got out neither playing offense nor defense, giving catching
> >> practice to Inglis.

> > The rumor is that the groundsmen are seeking asylum in Australia
> >
> > to win 12 games in a row is a very big ask and luck finally went against them
> >
> The STUPID Indian team management went for a slow pitch like the one
> they played with Pakis at Ahmedabad, and got fucked royally vs Aus
>
> Australia is NOT pakistan.
>
> Secondly, there is NO guarantee that India will WIN the toss.
>
> BAD planning and execution.

Look, with the Indian batting, they could have scored 350-400 runs on a batting wicket like most of the games have been on
and Shami bowls better on these wickets.

Still, wickets should not be prepared to favor one side or the other. That is one thing I am proud about Australia Groundmen, they would tell you to piss off if you asked for a specific type of pitch.