From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Subject: TVheadend
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 20:38:14 +0000
 by: Andy Burns - Thu, 11 Nov 2021 20:38 UTC

I've been running this with very little fuss for a few years, Fedora, PCIe tuner
card (combined DVB-S2 & T2)

I think I was on version 4.2.whatever all the time up to now

It seems fedora (Or the RPMfusion repo) has switched to 4.3.whatever "unstable"
as the website says it's more stable than the "stable" version.

I've had a bit of trouble with it since then. The upshot is it's not tuning
properly now

On my S2 input I have a 2x1 Diseqc switch, with 1=Astra28.2E and 2=Astra19.2E
the upgrade had changed both inputs to 28.2E, when I spotted that obviously I
hoped that was the explanation, but no

Have tried a full DVB-S2 rescan of 28.2E starting with the BBC transponder 45 on
10773H, no joy

I had the T2 input disabled, and it got re-enabled without warning

Various "content icons" per EPG entry have appeared, date columns in the MUX
tables have changed.

What version(s) are other people running, has upgrading caused you grief in the
past? Thinking of trashing the database and start from scratch ...

Re: TVheadend

<38KdnSqt-957PxD8nZ2dnUU78T3NnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28907&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#28907

Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 23:10:17 +0000
Subject: Re: TVheadend
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
From: me...@privacy.net (NY)
 by: NY - Thu, 11 Nov 2021 23:10 UTC

On 11/11/2021 20:38, Andy Burns wrote:
> I've been running this with very little fuss for a few years, Fedora,
> PCIe tuner card (combined DVB-S2 & T2)
>
> I think I was on version 4.2.whatever all the time up to now
>
> It seems fedora (Or the RPMfusion repo) has switched to 4.3.whatever
> "unstable" as the website says it's more stable than the "stable" version.
>
> I've had a bit of trouble with it since then. The upshot is it's not
> tuning properly now
>
> On my S2 input I have a 2x1 Diseqc switch, with 1=Astra28.2E and
> 2=Astra19.2E
> the upgrade had changed both inputs to 28.2E, when I spotted that
> obviously I hoped that was the explanation, but no
>
> Have tried a full DVB-S2 rescan of 28.2E starting with the BBC
> transponder 45 on 10773H, no joy
>
> I had the T2 input disabled, and it got re-enabled without warning
>
> Various "content icons" per EPG entry have appeared, date columns in the
> MUX tables have changed.
>
> What version(s) are other people running, has upgrading caused you grief
> in the past? Thinking of trashing the database and start from scratch ...

I'm running 4.2.8-36 on Raspberry PiOS 5.4.83-v7l+ (2021-01-11) on a
Raspberry Pi 4.

I have not done any updates on the Pi because when I did, something
(maybe an upgrade to kernel 5.10 as part of a sudo apt update) messed
with the driver for my PCTV 491e DVB-S decoder, so I started getting
loads of data errors. I had to go back to an earlier image of the SD
card which I'd taken when I first installed and configured that Pi.

My setup is slightly different to yours: I only have one DVB-S tuner,
connected to a Sky/Freesat dish on Astra 28.2, and then a dual-decoder
DVB-T2 tuner for recording when there's an overlap in programmes. My
dish uses a universal LNB rather than Diseqc.

Re: TVheadend

<iv6lb4Fssj5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28911&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#28911

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 08:01:36 +0000
 by: Andy Burns - Fri, 12 Nov 2021 08:01 UTC

NY wrote:

> I'm running 4.2.8-36 on Raspberry PiOS 5.4.83-v7l+ (2021-01-11) on a Raspberry
> Pi 4.
>
> I have not done any updates on the Pi because when I did, something (maybe an
> upgrade to kernel 5.10 as part of a sudo apt update) messed with the driver for
> my PCTV 491e DVB-S decoder, so I started getting loads of data errors. I had to
> installed and configured that Pi.

I don't think it's Linux or v4linux related, the PCIe tuner is in the mainline
kernel 5.14 here, VLC on the console can talk to the tuner(s).

> My setup is slightly different to yours: I only have one DVB-S tuner, connected
> to a Sky/Freesat dish on Astra 28.2, and then a dual-decoder DVB-T2 tuner for
> recording when there's an overlap in programmes. My dish uses a universal LNB
> rather than Diseqc.

I've just deleted all DVB-S muxes, services and channels then re-scanned again
from the "seed" of the BBC 10773H transponder, that looks to have been more
successful than the scan without deleting first.

Thanks, will see how it fares, so far it's found 67 transponders on 28.2E and
not finished scanning them for channels yet ...