In buying horses and taking a wife shut your eyes tight and commend yourself to God.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / The Welsh seaside town's tea bike serving up drinks to thirsty locals and visitors

SubjectAuthor
* The Welsh seaside town's tea bike serving up drinks to thirsty localsswldx...@gmail.com
`* Re: The Welsh seaside town's tea bike serving up drinks to thirstyPeter Keller
 +- Re: The Welsh seaside town's tea bike serving up drinks to thirstyswldx...@gmail.com
 +- Re: The Welsh seaside town's tea bike serving up drinks to thirstyJNugent
 `* Re: The Welsh seaside town's tea bike serving up drinks to thirstyswldx...@gmail.com
  +- Re: The Welsh seaside town's tea bike serving up drinks to thirstyJNugent
  `* Re: The Welsh seaside town's tea bike serving up drinks to thirstyswldx...@gmail.com
   +- Re: The Welsh seaside town's tea bike serving up drinks toSpike
   `* Re: The Welsh seaside town's tea bike serving up drinks to thirstyswldx...@gmail.com
    +- Re: The Welsh seaside town's tea bike serving up drinks toSpike
    `- Re: The Welsh seaside town's tea bike serving up drinks to thirstyswldx...@gmail.com

1
The Welsh seaside town's tea bike serving up drinks to thirsty locals and visitors

<8c9777d3-1cce-4643-b563-a6909518284cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28974&group=uk.rec.cycling#28974

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 05:45:06 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: The Welsh seaside town's tea bike serving up drinks to thirsty locals
and visitors
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 29 Jul 2023 12:45 UTC

Visitors and locals are enjoying a cuppa and a chat at a seaside hotspot thanks to a young entrepreneur selling mugs of home-made masala chai from a bike. Sally Pierse, 24, launched The Chai Bike in April 2023 with the help of Big Ideas Wales, after discovering that the comforting and community yielding powers of tea aren’t limited to a traditional builder’s brew.

Sally first discovered chai while on a trip to India as part of a BA Philosophy degree at the University of York. Alongside attending academic lectures on women’s rights and Ghandi, Sally was invited to the home of a local woman who taught her traditional Indian recipes, including masala chai.

Taken by the sense of comfort and welcome she felt in the home of a stranger halfway across the world, Sally was inspired to start a similar initiative back home in Aberystwyth. By choosing to operate completely bilingually through her signage and social media, Sally hopes to grow more confident in her Welsh while encouraging her customers to use it more on their day-to-day sightseeing ventures.

Sally’s healthy, home-made chai is stored on an e-cargo bike and Sally encourages visitors to stick around and make themselves at home by serving the spicy tea, made with locally sourced ingredients like Welsh honey, as well as assam tea, dry roasted spices and fresh ginger, in ceramic mugs.

Sally said: “At first people are quite taken aback as you only usually drink from ceramic mugs at home or in a café – places we feel at ease. But that’s exactly why I offer them. I want my customers to get comfy, embrace the beauty of Aberystwyth and treat these scenic spots like our home – because they are.

“It’s also really satisfying to see people taking sustainability that one step further without realising it. All of my takeaway cups are 100% compostable and, while I still encourage customers to use recyclable and compostable products wherever possible, I just think ‘why stop there in my mission to be greener?’ The more single-use cups we can save, the better. There’s always more you can do to live a greener life.”

When she’s not cycling around Aberystwyth hotspots on her e-cargo bike provided by Ceredigion County Council, Sally trades at Aberystwyth Eco Hub initiatives, including Aberystwyth eco-clothes swap and the repair café.

Llinos Price, Business Adviser at Big Ideas Wales said: “It takes a very special businesswoman, with a very contagious energy, to inspire people to stop rushing through life, grab a ceramic mug of chai and put their feet up in Aberystwyth’s most scenic spots. Sally is a perfect example of how, by accepting the support that is on offer, you can turn your small dream into a big success. If you take anything from Sally’s story, let it be that we should all appreciate our hometowns and the community within them more than ever, and do what we can to help them thrive. Better yet, why not do it in neon pink!”

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/welsh-seaside-towns-tea-bike-27416135

Re: The Welsh seaside town's tea bike serving up drinks to thirsty locals and visitors

<ua3gct$2lnvi$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28976&group=uk.rec.cycling#28976

From: muzhm...@centrum.sk (Peter Keller)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: The Welsh seaside town's tea bike serving up drinks to thirsty
locals and visitors
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 18:57:01 +0200
 by: Peter Keller - Sat, 29 Jul 2023 16:57 UTC

On 29. 7. 2023 14:45, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> [...]
>
> When she’s not cycling around Aberystwyth hotspots on her e-cargo bike provided by Ceredigion County Council, Sally trades at Aberystwyth Eco Hub initiatives, including Aberystwyth eco-clothes swap and the repair café.
>
> Llinos Price, Business Adviser at Big Ideas Wales said: “It takes a very special businesswoman, with a very contagious energy, to inspire people to stop rushing through life, grab a ceramic mug of chai and put their feet up in Aberystwyth’s most scenic spots. Sally is a perfect example of how, by accepting the support that is on offer, you can turn your small dream into a big success. If you take anything from Sally’s story, let it be that we should all appreciate our hometowns and the community within them more than ever, and do what we can to help them thrive. Better yet, why not do it in neon pink!”

At last a positive post signalling some of the joys of bicycling and
getting out into the open air, in contrast to the overwhelming majority
of posts by cynical grumpy old men always shoving responsibility for
their misfortunes onto others.

Re: The Welsh seaside town's tea bike serving up drinks to thirsty locals and visitors

<aed9dd48-e5ae-403e-b78b-5b2187064889n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28977&group=uk.rec.cycling#28977

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 10:01:46 -0700 (PDT)
locals and visitors
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 29 Jul 2023 17:01 UTC

On Saturday, July 29, 2023 at 5:57:04 PM UTC+1, Peter Keller wrote:

> At last a positive post signalling some of the joys of bicycling and
> getting out into the open air, in contrast to the overwhelming majority
> of posts by cynical grumpy old men always shoving responsibility for
> their misfortunes onto others.

In the UK, we call them gammons or Brexit voters.

https://wp.inews.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Screen-Shot-2018-05-14-at-14.57.15.png

Re: The Welsh seaside town's tea bike serving up drinks to thirsty locals and visitors

<kil2i9Fas5mU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28981&group=uk.rec.cycling#28981

From: jnug...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
locals and visitors
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 19:02:50 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sat, 29 Jul 2023 18:02 UTC

On 29/07/2023 05:57 pm, Peter Keller wrote:

> On 29. 7. 2023 14:45, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> Visitors and locals are enjoying a cuppa and a chat at a seaside
>> hotspot thanks to a young entrepreneur selling mugs of home-made
>> masala chai from a bike. Sally Pierse, 24, launched The Chai Bike in
>> April 2023 with the help of Big Ideas Wales, after discovering that
>> the comforting and community yielding powers of tea aren’t limited to
>> a traditional builder’s brew.

This could well be a problem for Wales.

The Welsh Assembly's definition of a Big Idea is someone selling tea
from a bike.

What else? Ging door to door offering to sharpen knives and shears?

Re: The Welsh seaside town's tea bike serving up drinks to thirsty locals and visitors

<1eb69b72-7963-4fc2-9523-5045b1a3c3bcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28983&group=uk.rec.cycling#28983

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 11:36:32 -0700 (PDT)
locals and visitors
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 29 Jul 2023 18:36 UTC

On Saturday, July 29, 2023 at 5:57:04 PM UTC+1, Peter Keller wrote:

> At last a positive post signalling some of the joys of bicycling and
> getting out into the open air, in contrast to the overwhelming majority
> of posts by cynical grumpy old men always shoving responsibility for
> their misfortunes onto others.

They still move among us.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/06/01/article-2334312-1A18554F000005DC-566_634x423.jpg

Re: The Welsh seaside town's tea bike serving up drinks to thirsty locals and visitors

<kilk17Fdi1fU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28988&group=uk.rec.cycling#28988

From: jnug...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
locals and visitors
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2023 00:00:55 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sat, 29 Jul 2023 23:00 UTC

> On Saturday, July 29, 2023 at 5:57:04 PM UTC+1, Peter Keller wrote:
>
>> At last a positive post signalling some of the joys of bicycling and
>> getting out into the open air, in contrast to the overwhelming majority
>> of posts by cynical grumpy old men always shoving responsibility for
>> their misfortunes onto others.
>
> They still move among us.
>
> https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/06/01/article-2334312-1A18554F000005DC-566_634x423.jpg

That's YOUR lot, isn't it?

Re: The Welsh seaside town's tea bike serving up drinks to thirsty locals and visitors

<68260970-3f0d-4fe2-827c-0ec3d7c647c8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28990&group=uk.rec.cycling#28990

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 23:18:21 -0700 (PDT)
locals and visitors
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 30 Jul 2023 06:18 UTC

The youth wing of the gammon Brextards.

https://leftcom.org/files/styles/galleryformatter_slide/public/2010-09-15-english-defence-league.jpg?itok=QB8LScf3

Re: The Welsh seaside town's tea bike serving up drinks to thirsty locals and visitors

<kimmnqFioa6U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28991&group=uk.rec.cycling#28991

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: The Welsh seaside town's tea bike serving up drinks to
thirsty locals and visitors
Date: 30 Jul 2023 08:53:14 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 30 Jul 2023 08:53 UTC

> The youth wing of the gammon Brextards.
>
> https://leftcom.org/files/styles/galleryformatter_slide/public/2010-09-15-english-defence-league.jpg?itok=QB8LScf3

Your lot lost, because of an ineffective campaign.

Get over it.

--
Spike

Re: The Welsh seaside town's tea bike serving up drinks to thirsty locals and visitors

<9bd6f489-6525-48d7-9a84-77b0c00240aen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28993&group=uk.rec.cycling#28993

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2023 03:25:19 -0700 (PDT)
locals and visitors
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 30 Jul 2023 10:25 UTC

POOR THICK ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT DIDN'T KNOW WHAT HE WAS VOTING FOR. :-)

‘I voted for Brexit and was told it wouldn’t affect "expats" – now I can’t live in my £13,000 Italian house’
Greg Walter, from Winchester, says he feels betrayed as he and his partner are struggling to get visas to live in Italy.

https://inews.co.uk/news/world/brexit-voted-wouldnt-affect-expats-cant-live-italian-house-2508493?fbclid=IwAR2tD94e1lwHJsp3SSEzJ08eHdbp8bRvNAfuFjIbL0DXl4mFeI4dk0GZSmA

Re: The Welsh seaside town's tea bike serving up drinks to thirsty locals and visitors

<kimtraFjrplU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28996&group=uk.rec.cycling#28996

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
thirsty locals and visitors
Date: 30 Jul 2023 10:54:34 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 30 Jul 2023 10:54 UTC

> POOR THICK ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT DIDN'T KNOW WHAT HE WAS VOTING FOR. :-)

> ‘I voted for Brexit and was told it wouldn’t affect "expats" – now I
> can’t live in my £13,000 Italian house’
> Greg Walter, from Winchester, says he feels betrayed as he and his
> partner are struggling to get visas to live in Italy.
>
> https://inews.co.uk/news/world/brexit-voted-wouldnt-affect-expats-cant-live-italian-house-2508493?fbclid=IwAR2tD94e1lwHJsp3SSEzJ08eHdbp8bRvNAfuFjIbL0DXl4mFeI4dk0GZSmA

They haven’t yet worked out that in order to get something done in Italy,
you need to bribe the right official…

--
Spike

Re: The Welsh seaside town's tea bike serving up drinks to thirsty locals and visitors

<9a9eff72-c1f4-45a6-b4ea-bb0ae4a51d34n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28998&group=uk.rec.cycling#28998

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2023 05:23:17 -0700 (PDT)
locals and visitors
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 30 Jul 2023 12:23 UTC

On Sunday, July 30, 2023 at 11:25:21 AM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> POOR THICK ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT DIDN'T KNOW WHAT HE WAS VOTING FOR. :-)

> ‘I voted for Brexit and was told it wouldn’t affect "expats" – now I can’t live in my £13,000 Italian house’
> Greg Walter, from Winchester, says he feels betrayed as he and his partner are struggling to get visas to live in Italy.

ChadCMulligan · 28/07/2023 19:08
Things which I will always find funny.
Slapstick and brexiters being hoisted on their own petard

ilovesooty · 28/07/2023 19:08
It's behind a pay wall, but if he voted without researching properly I can't be remotely sympathetic.

tt9 · 28/07/2023 19:04
such tragedy... my heart breaks