Our houseplants have a good sense of humous.

aus+uk / uk.sport.cricket / Re: Tom Curran banned for four BBL games for intimidating umpire

SubjectAuthor
* Tom Curran banned for four BBL games for intimidating umpireFBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
`* Re: Tom Curran banned for four BBL games for intimidating umpiremax.it
 +* Re: Tom Curran banned for four BBL games for intimidating umpiremax.it
 |`* Re: Tom Curran banned for four BBL games for intimidating umpireFBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
 | `- Re: Tom Curran banned for four BBL games for intimidating umpiremax.it
 +- Re: Tom Curran banned for four BBL games for intimidating umpirejack fredricks
 `- Re: Tom Curran banned for four BBL games for intimidating umpiremax.it

1
Tom Curran banned for four BBL games for intimidating umpire

<um1cak$12tbq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28970&group=uk.sport.cricket#28970

From: FBInCIAn...@america.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Tom Curran banned for four BBL games for intimidating umpire
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 04:50:28 -0800
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 12:50 UTC

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/tom-curran-banned-for-four-bbl-games-for-intimidating-umpire-1413810

Tom Curran banned for four BBL games for intimidating umpire

Sydney Sixers have said they will file an appeal against the sanction

England allrounder Tom Curran has been banned for four BBL matches after
being found guilty of intimidating an umpire in a pre-match altercation,
but Sydney Sixers will appeal the sanction.

Curran was charged with a Level 3 offence under Cricket Australia's Code
of Conduct for an incident before Sixers' match against Hobart
Hurricanes on December 11 in Launceston.

According to CA, Curran completed a practice run-up and ran on part of
the pitch during the warm-up before being verbally instructed by the
umpire not to do so again.

CA said Curran moved to the other end of the pitch to complete another
practice run-up forcing the umpire to take position next to the stumps
in an attempt to block him.

"[The umpire] gestured to Curran to move away from the pitch," CA's
statement said. "Curran was seen in the footage gesturing to the umpire
to move away from the pitch.

"Curran then attempted to perform a practice run-up and run at pace
straight towards the umpire who stood in the bowling crease facing
Curran. The umpire stepped to his right to avoid the risk of collision."

The vision everyone's been waiting for.

This is the series of events that's led to Tom Curran's four-game
suspension... pic.twitter.com/CRcBujbIl0
— 7Cricket (@7Cricket) December 21, 2023

Curran contested the charge, but was subsequently issued with four
suspension points equating to a four-game ban. He is set to miss Sixers'
upcoming matches against Adelaide Strikers, Melbourne Stars, Sydney
Thunder and Brisbane Heat.

The four-match ban is significant in a reduced BBL regular season, where
teams play 10 matches each. The head of Sydney Sixers Rachael Haynes
said the club would "vigorously appeal the sanction, while providing
support" for Curran, who had starred against Hurricanes with 3 for 19
off four overs in Sixers' six-wicket victory.

"Tom and the club maintain that Tom did not knowingly or intentionally
intimidate a match official, and on legal advice, we will exercise our
right to appeal the decision," she said. "We will support Tom during
this period and look forward to him returning to the field."

Re: Tom Curran banned for four BBL games for intimidating umpire

<dsh8oihfrbnv2mopfagodvruhpmc7gbj3e@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28971&group=uk.sport.cricket#28971

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 14:16:03 +0000
 by: max.it - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 14:16 UTC

On Thu, 21 Dec 2023 04:50:28 -0800, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
<FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer@america.com> wrote:

>https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/tom-curran-banned-for-four-bbl-games-for-intimidating-umpire-1413810
>
>Tom Curran banned for four BBL games for intimidating umpire
>
>Sydney Sixers have said they will file an appeal against the sanction
>
>England allrounder Tom Curran has been banned for four BBL matches after
>being found guilty of intimidating an umpire in a pre-match altercation,
>but Sydney Sixers will appeal the sanction.
>
>Curran was charged with a Level 3 offence under Cricket Australia's Code
>of Conduct for an incident before Sixers' match against Hobart
>Hurricanes on December 11 in Launceston.
>
>According to CA, Curran completed a practice run-up and ran on part of
>the pitch during the warm-up before being verbally instructed by the
>umpire not to do so again.
>
>CA said Curran moved to the other end of the pitch to complete another
>practice run-up forcing the umpire to take position next to the stumps
>in an attempt to block him.
>
>"[The umpire] gestured to Curran to move away from the pitch," CA's
>statement said. "Curran was seen in the footage gesturing to the umpire
>to move away from the pitch.
>
>"Curran then attempted to perform a practice run-up and run at pace
>straight towards the umpire who stood in the bowling crease facing
>Curran. The umpire stepped to his right to avoid the risk of collision."
>
> The vision everyone's been waiting for.
>
> This is the series of events that's led to Tom Curran's four-game
>suspension... pic.twitter.com/CRcBujbIl0
> — 7Cricket (@7Cricket) December 21, 2023
>
>Curran contested the charge, but was subsequently issued with four
>suspension points equating to a four-game ban. He is set to miss Sixers'
>upcoming matches against Adelaide Strikers, Melbourne Stars, Sydney
>Thunder and Brisbane Heat.
>
>The four-match ban is significant in a reduced BBL regular season, where
>teams play 10 matches each. The head of Sydney Sixers Rachael Haynes
>said the club would "vigorously appeal the sanction, while providing
>support" for Curran, who had starred against Hurricanes with 3 for 19
>off four overs in Sixers' six-wicket victory.
>
>"Tom and the club maintain that Tom did not knowingly or intentionally
>intimidate a match official, and on legal advice, we will exercise our
>right to appeal the decision," she said. "We will support Tom during
>this period and look forward to him returning to the field."

Good. If the umpires told him he couldn't practice then he deserves
the sanction

max.it

Re: Tom Curran banned for four BBL games for intimidating umpire

<n0sqoi1hvavf57o56fdqvivgf33b8igoh8@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28989&group=uk.sport.cricket#28989

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 13:14:07 +0000
 by: max.it - Thu, 28 Dec 2023 13:14 UTC

On Thu, 21 Dec 2023 14:16:03 +0000, max.it <max@tea.time> wrote:

>On Thu, 21 Dec 2023 04:50:28 -0800, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
><FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer@america.com> wrote:
>

>>https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/tom-curran-banned-for-four-bbl-games-for-intimidating-umpire-1413810
>>
>>Tom Curran banned for four BBL games for intimidating umpire
>>

>Good. If the umpires told him he couldn't practice then he deserves
>the sanction
>
>max.it

Just read what he said to the umpire. If he had spoke to me in that
way he would have been leaving the field on a stretcher.

He lost his appeal.
He could have learned manners as a child.

max.it

Re: Tom Curran banned for four BBL games for intimidating umpire

<11096ea1-9946-42f9-a5e8-807be94a5638@america.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28991&group=uk.sport.cricket#28991

From: FBInCIAn...@america.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 23:05:24 -0800
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Fri, 29 Dec 2023 07:05 UTC

On 12/28/2023 5:14 AM, max.it wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Dec 2023 14:16:03 +0000, max.it <max@tea.time> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 21 Dec 2023 04:50:28 -0800, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
>> <FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer@america.com> wrote:
>>

>>> https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/tom-curran-banned-for-four-bbl-games-for-intimidating-umpire-1413810
>>>
>>> Tom Curran banned for four BBL games for intimidating umpire
>>>

>> Good. If the umpires told him he couldn't practice then he deserves
>> the sanction
>>
>> max.it
>

> Just read what he said to the umpire. If he had spoke to me in that
> way he would have been leaving the field on a stretcher.
>
> He lost his appeal.
> He could have learned manners as a child.
>

> max.it

What did he say to the umpires.

Please post the link or what he said.

Re: Tom Curran banned for four BBL games for intimidating umpire

<m32toitgivv289kf3bkbep707qgkteqv0p@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28992&group=uk.sport.cricket#28992

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 09:00:32 +0000
 by: max.it - Fri, 29 Dec 2023 09:00 UTC

On Thu, 28 Dec 2023 23:05:24 -0800, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
<FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer@america.com> wrote:

>On 12/28/2023 5:14 AM, max.it wrote:
>> On Thu, 21 Dec 2023 14:16:03 +0000, max.it <max@tea.time> wrote:

>>> Good. If the umpires told him he couldn't practice then he deserves
>>> the sanction
>>>
>>> max.it
>>

>> Just read what he said to the umpire. If he had spoke to me in that
>> way he would have been leaving the field on a stretcher.
>>
>> He lost his appeal.
>> He could have learned manners as a child.
>>

>> max.it
>

>What did he say to the umpires.
>
>Please post the link or what he said.

He said something like 'Morally if you stand in the way I have
nowhere to go fuckhead' then he said something about spirit of the
game.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/cricket/13036121/tom-curran-hit-with-ban-for-intimidating-umpire-four-game-ban-too-much

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/cricket/13036132/tom-curran-worried-about-assassination-of-character-sixers-captain-surprise-at-suspension

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u_WTremPfA

Now he's worried that his behaviour will result in character
assassination.
What his behaviour has resulted in is to highlight the fact that
Curran is already and entitled little ignorant wankstain.

Umpires never forget.

max.it

Re: Tom Curran banned for four BBL games for intimidating umpire

<9fb927da-6868-45ad-81e2-6aaec3641dacn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28994&group=uk.sport.cricket#28994

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2023 15:39:18 -0800 (PST)
From: jzfredri...@gmail.com (jack fredricks)
 by: jack fredricks - Sat, 30 Dec 2023 23:39 UTC

On Friday, December 22, 2023 at 12:16:11 AM UTC+10, max.it wrote:
> Good. If the umpires told him he couldn't practice then he deserves
> the sanction

The penalty, which wasn't long enough IMO, wasn't for practice bowling on the pitch.
If he'd done and said the same thing away from the pitch he'd have received the same penalty.
He intimidated and abused the umpire.
It's shameful his team is appealing the penalty.

Re: Tom Curran banned for four BBL games for intimidating umpire

<krq2pi1mblsfbbc4g6gu7sbpd4hgv6ehbf@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28995&group=uk.sport.cricket#28995

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 13:35:17 +0000
 by: max.it - Sun, 31 Dec 2023 13:35 UTC

On Thu, 21 Dec 2023 14:16:03 +0000, max.it <max@tea.time> wrote:

>On Thu, 21 Dec 2023 04:50:28 -0800, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
><FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer@america.com> wrote:
>

>>https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/tom-curran-banned-for-four-bbl-games-for-intimidating-umpire-1413810
>>
>>Tom Curran banned for four BBL games for intimidating umpire
>>
>>Sydney Sixers have said they will file an appeal against the sanction
>>
>>England allrounder Tom Curran has been banned for four BBL matches after
>>being found guilty of intimidating an umpire in a pre-match altercation,
>>but Sydney Sixers will appeal the sanction.
>>
>>Curran was charged with a Level 3 offence under Cricket Australia's Code
>>of Conduct for an incident before Sixers' match against Hobart
>>Hurricanes on December 11 in Launceston.
>>
>>According to CA, Curran completed a practice run-up and ran on part of
>>the pitch during the warm-up before being verbally instructed by the
>>umpire not to do so again.
>>
>>CA said Curran moved to the other end of the pitch to complete another
>>practice run-up forcing the umpire to take position next to the stumps
>>in an attempt to block him.
>>
>>"[The umpire] gestured to Curran to move away from the pitch," CA's
>>statement said. "Curran was seen in the footage gesturing to the umpire
>>to move away from the pitch.
>>
>>"Curran then attempted to perform a practice run-up and run at pace
>>straight towards the umpire who stood in the bowling crease facing
>>Curran. The umpire stepped to his right to avoid the risk of collision."
>>
>> The vision everyone's been waiting for.
>>
>> This is the series of events that's led to Tom Curran's four-game
>>suspension... pic.twitter.com/CRcBujbIl0
>> — 7Cricket (@7Cricket) December 21, 2023
>>
>>Curran contested the charge, but was subsequently issued with four
>>suspension points equating to a four-game ban. He is set to miss Sixers'
>>upcoming matches against Adelaide Strikers, Melbourne Stars, Sydney
>>Thunder and Brisbane Heat.
>>
>>The four-match ban is significant in a reduced BBL regular season, where
>>teams play 10 matches each. The head of Sydney Sixers Rachael Haynes
>>said the club would "vigorously appeal the sanction, while providing
>>support" for Curran, who had starred against Hurricanes with 3 for 19
>>off four overs in Sixers' six-wicket victory.
>>
>>"Tom and the club maintain that Tom did not knowingly or intentionally
>>intimidate a match official, and on legal advice, we will exercise our
>>right to appeal the decision," she said. "We will support Tom during
>>this period and look forward to him returning to the field."
>

>Good. If the umpires told him he couldn't practice then he deserves
>the sanction
>
>max.it

I've had a wee look at the laws of cricket regarding this incident.

Curran failed to comply with umpires instruction, so umpires instruct
the captain to remove the player from the field.
If captain agrees then all is fine and the game continues with 10
players on one side.
If the captain refuses then the match is awarded, game over.

It was a level 4 MCC disciplinary by the time it finished.

max.it