And on the seventh day, He exited from append mode.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Council sets out plans to improve cycling and walking paths in Banbury

SubjectAuthor
* Council sets out plans to improve cycling and walking paths in Banburyswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: Council sets out plans to improve chav-cycling and walking pathsJNugent
|`- Re: Council sets out plans to improve chav-cycling andSpike
`- Re: Council sets out plans to improve cycling and walking paths in Banburyswldx...@gmail.com

1
Council sets out plans to improve cycling and walking paths in Banbury

<b90754aa-0d83-443c-8e0d-53bed010c8ebn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29032&group=uk.rec.cycling#29032

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 08:42:23 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Council sets out plans to improve cycling and walking paths in Banbury
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 31 Jul 2023 15:42 UTC

The council approved the Banbury Local Cycling and Walking Infrastructure Plan (LCWIP) on July 20, which sets out how to improve the town’s travel network and reduce the reliance on motor vehicles, resulting in reduced congestion.

The 10-year plan includes the urban area of Banbury and its links to the surrounding villages of Adderbury, Bloxham, Broughton, Great Bourton, Little Bourton, North Newington, Middleton Cheney, and Wroxton.

Cllr Andrew Gant, Oxfordshire County Council’s cabinet member for highways management, said: "Banbury is one of many towns across the country that is becoming swamped by traffic. This council has made it clear that one of our priorities is to reclaim space for people to use their environments in a way which is healthy, sustainable, and safer, and the Banbury LCWIP will help us achieve that.

"More than 100 residents and groups took the time to engage with us on this plan, which is an excellent example of the importance of consultation. It changed considerably thanks to local knowledge and people responding to the proposals."

The plans aim to improve a number of elements of cycling in town, including segregated cycle routes wherever possible, traffic-free routes, speed reductions to 20mph, protected space for cycling, additional road crossings, and reviewed and improved junctions.

They will also include improvements for walkers that includes, wider footways, improved road crossings and removal of physical barriers.

The Banbury plan is the sixth LCWIP to be approved in Oxfordshire, following on from Oxford, Witney, Bicester, Abingdon, and Kidlington.

https://www.banburyguardian.co.uk/news/transport/council-sets-out-plans-to-improve-cycling-and-walking-paths-in-banbury-4237355

Re: Council sets out plans to improve chav-cycling and walking paths in Banbury

<kiqdl5F6kdhU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29033&group=uk.rec.cycling#29033

From: jnug...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Council sets out plans to improve chav-cycling and walking paths
in Banbury
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 19:42:45 +0100
 by: JNugent - Mon, 31 Jul 2023 18:42 UTC

> The council approved the Banbury Local Chav-Cycling and Walking Infrastructure Plan (LCWIP) on July 20, which sets out how to improve the town’s travel network and reduce the reliance on motor vehicles, resulting in reduced congestion.

It lies astride the main route from Oxford to the East Midlands!

> The 10-year plan includes the urban area of Banbury and its links to the surrounding villages of Adderbury, Bloxham, Broughton, Great Bourton, Little Bourton, North Newington, Middleton Cheney, and Wroxton.
> Cllr Andrew Gant, Oxfordshire County Council’s cabinet member for highways management, said: "Banbury is one of many towns across the country that is becoming swamped by traffic.

Oxfordshire County Council should have built an A43 Banbury bypass
decades ago.

Any German Land (for instance) would have regarded similar projects as
an absolute duty. You hardly ever have to pass through a town centre in
that country.

> This council has made it clear that one of our priorities is to reclaim space for people to use their environments in a way which is healthy, sustainable, and safer, and the Banbury LCWIP will help us achieve that.
> "More than 100 residents and groups took the time to engage with us on this plan, which is an excellent example of the importance of consultation. It changed considerably thanks to local knowledge and people responding to the proposals."
> The plans aim to improve a number of elements of chav-cycling in town, including segregated chav-cycle routes wherever possible, traffic-free routes, speed reductions to 20mph, protected space for fairy-cycling, additional road crossings, and reviewed and improved junctions.
> They will also include improvements for walkers that includes, wider footways, improved road crossings and removal of physical barriers.
> The Banbury plan is the sixth LCWIP to be approved in Oxfordshire, following on from Oxford, Witney, Bicester, Abingdon, and Kidlington.

> https://www.banburyguardian.co.uk/news/transport/council-sets-out-plans-to-improve-cycling-and-walking-paths-in-banbury-4237355

Re: Council sets out plans to improve chav-cycling and walking paths in Banbury

<kiqed8F6nurU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29034&group=uk.rec.cycling#29034

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Council sets out plans to improve chav-cycling and
walking paths in Banbury
Date: 31 Jul 2023 18:55:36 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 31 Jul 2023 18:55 UTC

JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:
> On 31/07/2023 04:42 pm, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> Cllr Andrew Gant, Oxfordshire County Council’s cabinet member for
>> highways management, said: "Banbury is one of many towns across the
>> country that is becoming swamped by traffic.

> Oxfordshire County Council should have built an A43 Banbury bypass
> decades ago.

> Any German Land (for instance) would have regarded similar projects as
> an absolute duty. You hardly ever have to pass through a town centre in
> that country.

Well in that case at least Mason can’t blame the sloth of Oxfordshire
County Council on Brexit.

--
Spike

Re: Council sets out plans to improve cycling and walking paths in Banbury

<7dc528f1-2903-47fe-8826-cbc17bcd5566n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29035&group=uk.rec.cycling#29035

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 12:17:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 31 Jul 2023 19:17 UTC

QUOTE: "Banbury is one of many towns across the country that is becoming swamped by traffic. This council has made it clear that one of our priorities is to reclaim space for people to use their environments in a way which is healthy, sustainable, and safer, and the Banbury LCWIP will help us achieve that. ENDS

Let the people take back control of their towns, air quality and road safety.
Amen to that - too may are getting killed every day.