Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2021 06:43:08 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: HGV driver under fire after threatening to knock down
"spandex-wearing f******
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 9 Sep 2021 13:43 UTC

A HGV driver, whose Facebook profile says he works for White & Company, is today under fire after a message threatening to knock down "Lycra-clad, spandex-wearing fuckers" emerged online. Here it is in full...
"Spandex-wearing fuckers" HGV driver

Joel Lewis raised the alarm and asked White & Company on Twitter if the views were company policy? We'll see if they reply...Lewis later clarified that, "I personally would not expect someone to lose a job over one (albeit vile) social media shitpost. I would expect the company to make clear to all drivers to drive impeccably around cyclists."

It wasn't long before another user shared a negative review of the company on Trustpilot. Another said he was "unfortunately" using the company for his upcoming move to the Netherlands, and "if I had known this before hand, I would not have used them. Shame as they still have my stuff in storage, service has been good so far…However I shall now send a complaint to my contact."

Matt Burnham shared the company contact details and speculated it may be receiving a few calls asking what action had been taken.

https://road.cc/content/news/cycling-live-blog-9-september-2021-286197#live-blog-item-27653

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / HGV driver under fire after threatening to knock down "spandex-wearing f******