The possession of a book becomes a substitute for reading it. -- Anthony Burgess

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Yardley murder investigation after cyclist on electric bike dies and three arrested

SubjectAuthor
* Yardley murder investigation after cyclist on electric bike dies andswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Yardley murder investigation after cyclist on electricSpike
`- Re: Yardley murder investigation after cyclist on electric bike diesswldx...@gmail.com

1
Yardley murder investigation after cyclist on electric bike dies and three arrested

<80644f16-342a-4f86-89d3-8d72531c4513n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29051&group=uk.rec.cycling#29051

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2023 08:55:53 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Yardley murder investigation after cyclist on electric bike dies and
three arrested
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 2 Aug 2023 15:55 UTC

West Midlands Police have launched a murder investigation and three men have been arrested after a man on an electric bike was tragically killed following a crash in Yardley. The man, 22, sadly died at the scene at the junction with Moat Lane and Vera Road following the collision, which took place at around 11.55pm last night, August 1.

Detectives said the man’s family is being supported by family liaison officers. A police cordon remains in place at the junction of Vera Road and Moat Lane. Emergency services were first on the scene shortly after midnight on August 2.

West Midlands Ambulance Service said: “The cyclist was in a critical condition and was receiving basic life support from police colleagues. Ambulance crews immediately took over and began administering advanced life support.

“Sadly, despite everyone’s best efforts, it became clear that the man couldn’t be saved and he was confirmed dead at the scene". Police remain at the scene while NX West Midlands has warned of disruption to bus services in the area due to the road closure.

We have a reporter at the scene, who has described the mood as "solemn." This is a developing situation and we will bring you updates in the live blog below.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/yardley-birmingham-crash-live-updates-27440775

Re: Yardley murder investigation after cyclist on electric bike dies and three arrested

<kivfpgF2cv3U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29055&group=uk.rec.cycling#29055

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Yardley murder investigation after cyclist on electric
bike dies and three arrested
Date: 2 Aug 2023 16:49:52 GMT
 by: Spike - Wed, 2 Aug 2023 16:49 UTC

Isn’t Birmingham the home of the Local Authority that has no money but
needs to stump up nearly a billion quid for ‘equal pay’ claims?

--
Spike

Re: Yardley murder investigation after cyclist on electric bike dies and three arrested

<992b644d-7cb8-42b0-b5e6-02138f1101a4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29058&group=uk.rec.cycling#29058

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2023 10:04:11 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Yardley murder investigation after cyclist on electric bike dies
and three arrested
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 2 Aug 2023 17:04 UTC

QUOTE: Three men, aged 17, 19 and 20, were arrested from an address in Yardley in the early hours of this morning (August 2) on suspicion of murder and are currently in custody. ENDS

Custody and murder = "serious bizniz" as they say in the Balkans.