TRANSACTION CANCELLED - FARECARD RETURNED

aus+uk / uk.sport.cricket / DRS - Real Time Snicko is curated

SubjectAuthor
* DRS - Real Time Snicko is curatedjack fredricks
`- Re: DRS - Real Time Snicko is curatedmiked

1
DRS - Real Time Snicko is curated

<530c4d2b-c795-4dad-92d3-6f4c02743441n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29191&group=uk.sport.cricket#29191

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 02:06:16 -0800 (PST)
Subject: DRS - Real Time Snicko is curated
From: jzfredri...@gmail.com (jack fredricks)
 by: jack fredricks - Sun, 28 Jan 2024 10:06 UTC

Twice today I've seen RTS snicko sound graphs that have been curated. They mute/delete the sound wave for when the ball pitches (hits the ground).

The issue with this is in both these appeals today the potential edge was very close, in time, to the ball pitching.

It happened when Smith batting, and it's just happened with Hartley bowling to Ashwin.

Whilst these close calls should/would result in Not Out (3rd ump would probably conclude the noise was generated by ball pitching), it's strange to see no sound blip when we know there is one. I'd rather the transparency.

Re: DRS - Real Time Snicko is curated

<b97ac05fdfe91b24cd2c062eaf8e3bbf@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29194&group=uk.sport.cricket#29194

Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 10:42:50 +0000
Subject: Re: DRS - Real Time Snicko is curated
From: dmike...@yahoo.co.uk (miked)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
 by: miked - Sun, 28 Jan 2024 10:42 UTC

jack fredricks wrote:

> Twice today I've seen RTS snicko sound graphs that have been curated. They mute/delete the sound wave for when the ball pitches (hits the ground).

> The issue with this is in both these appeals today the potential edge was very close, in time, to the ball pitching.

> It happened when Smith batting, and it's just happened with Hartley bowling to Ashwin.

> Whilst these close calls should/would result in Not Out (3rd ump would probably conclude the noise was generated by ball pitching), it's strange to see no sound blip when we know there is one. I'd rather the transparency.

i dunno if its the same thing, but i think there was a spike on snicko before the ball reached
roots bat in the 1st innings.

mike