From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Airlines want to import more covid
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2022 10:43:13 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 5 Jan 2022 10:43 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59876063

<quotes>

Travel industry groups have called for all remaining Covid restrictions on travellers to be removed in the latest government review.

With data last week suggesting one in 25 people in the UK currently had the virus, airlines say passenger testing is having no real impact.

The travel industry said compulsory testing for UK arrivals and departures had held back the sector's recovery.

</quotes>

I am not sure what part of "it's bad enough already; let's not make things worse" they don't understand.

It's like saying we have so many criminals, terrorists and illegal migrants that it doesn't matter if we let more in, that we shouldn't do anything to stop them coming in.

I don't think I have ever seen a better example of corporate greed and lack of consideration for public health and people's lives.

Re: Airlines want to import more covid

<20220105172158.00004dbf@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2891&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#2891

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: Airlines want to import more covid
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2022 17:21:58 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 5 Jan 2022 17:21 UTC

On Wed, 5 Jan 2022 10:43:13 +0000
The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:

> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59876063
>
> <quotes>
>
> Travel industry groups have called for all remaining Covid
> restrictions on travellers to be removed in the latest government
> review.
>
> With data last week suggesting one in 25 people in the UK currently
> had the virus, airlines say passenger testing is having no real
> impact.
>
> The travel industry said compulsory testing for UK arrivals and
> departures had held back the sector's recovery.
>
> </quotes>
>
> I am not sure what part of "it's bad enough already; let's not make
> things worse" they don't understand.
>
> It's like saying we have so many criminals, terrorists and illegal
> migrants that it doesn't matter if we let more in, that we shouldn't
> do anything to stop them coming in.
>
> I don't think I have ever seen a better example of corporate greed
> and lack of consideration for public health and people's lives.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-59877796

<quotes>

Grant Shapps has tweeted that fully vaccinated passengers and under 18s will no longer need to take a pre-departure test before returning to England if arriving after 04:00 GMT on Friday.

He says the same groups arriving in England will now only need to take a lateral flow test instead of a PCR test if they arrive after 04:00 GMT on Sunday.

The need to self-isolate before getting a negative result is also ending.

By removing them the government is supporting the safe reopening of international travel, he says.

</quotes>

And rarely a better example of whose interests the Junta is beholden to and their lack of consideration for public health and people's lives.

How letting infected passengers fly and arrive makes for "safe reopening of international travel" I have no idea.

I can only think "less safe travel makes travel safer" is a parody of Private Eye's "Higher prices means cheaper electricity for everyone" memorable sarcasm from 1988.

It is utterly ridiculous to insist people should take tests before high-risk encounters while claiming they are not needed before boarding a flying covid incubator.

This is a wide-open invite for a deadly mutation to hitch a ride on a fully vaccinated traveller. And we are just going to let it waltz into the country to quickly spread itself around as Omicron has.

It is utter madness to just let it in while the rest of the world is moving to keep it out.

It is impossible to believe no one in the Junta has ever heard of "risk assessment". They know the risks, they know how reckless and dangerous they are being; they simply don't care.

"Many loved ones will die" - This year is going to be the same as last year. When Johnson said "let the bodies pile high" he meant it.

Karma's a bitch whose ears have just pricked-up. A bitch who's wet herself through laughing uncontrollably.

Re: Airlines want to import more covid

<0anBJ.219250$qz4.51040@fx97.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2898&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#2898

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2022 15:26:35 -0500
 by: JeSSe - Wed, 5 Jan 2022 20:26 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59876063
>
> <quotes>
>
> Travel industry groups have called for all remaining Covid restrictions on travellers to be removed in the latest government review.
>
> With data last week suggesting one in 25 people in the UK currently had the virus, airlines say passenger testing is having no real impact.
>
> The travel industry said compulsory testing for UK arrivals and departures had held back the sector's recovery.
>
> </quotes>
>
> I am not sure what part of "it's bad enough already; let's not make things worse" they don't understand.
>
> It's like saying we have so many criminals, terrorists and illegal migrants that it doesn't matter if we let more in, that we shouldn't do anything to stop them coming in.
>
> I don't think I have ever seen a better example of corporate greed and lack of consideration for public health and people's lives.

How about the cruise ship industry ?
That is even worse IMO for it is pure luxury.

I dunno, air travel was drastically curtailed in the early days of the
wuhan virus, and that didn't save us in the least.
We have rotating hotspots both on national and international basis.

Our societies are so stupidly open and accessible that anyone so minded
can keep this going with a spray bottle, so I'm not so sure that
shutting down air travel is the answer, though certainly more could be
done in this regards.

Seems to me that highly accurate, instant tests would be promising, but
seem for some reason to be out of reach for our allegedly advanced
societies.

Re: Airlines want to import more covid

<20220106222436.0000329b@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2922&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#2922

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2022 22:24:36 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 6 Jan 2022 22:24 UTC

On Wed, 5 Jan 2022 15:26:35 -0500
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> How about the cruise ship industry ?

Exactly the same. We should be quarantining all arrivals.

> That is even worse IMO for it is pure luxury.

Everyone arriving is an equal risk.

We don't need to ban airline travel nor cruises; we just need to prevent the virus and mutations entering our countries.

> I dunno, air travel was drastically curtailed in the early days of
> the wuhan virus, and that didn't save us in the least.

Except air travel wasn't drastically curtailed. Trump only said it was, and he was lying.

It didn't save you because what little Trump did never would have been effective.

Some 98% of American covid infections were of European origin, much of it brought in by Americans returning from Europe.

Just 1.8% was the original variant from China. Most brought in by Americans returning from China. It wasn't brought in by the infected Chinese who were all locked-down at that time.

Re: Airlines want to import more covid

<VlLBJ.197420$SW5.195154@fx45.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2926&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#2926

Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: zo...@so.org (JeSSe)
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2022 18:57:39 -0500
 by: JeSSe - Thu, 6 Jan 2022 23:57 UTC

The Happy Hippy wrote:

>> I dunno, air travel was drastically curtailed in the early days of
>> the wuhan virus, and that didn't save us in the least.
>
> Except air travel wasn't drastically curtailed. Trump only said it was, and he was lying.

It was, idiot.
Anyone could look at flight tracking apps like
flightaware/flightradar24, which I have subscribed to for years, and see
the drastic change.

Whole fleets of aircraft were parked in the desert, pilots were laid off
en masse, airlines were bailed out to save them from going bankrupt and
the majority of such air traffic that there was was cargo - but oh yeah,
hippy knows better, as usual.

Re: Airlines want to import more covid

<20220107021414.00002c9f@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2930&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#2930

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2022 02:14:14 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Fri, 7 Jan 2022 02:14 UTC

On Thu, 6 Jan 2022 18:57:39 -0500
JeSSe <zo@so.org> wrote:

> The Happy Hippy wrote:
>
> >> I dunno, air travel was drastically curtailed in the early days of
> >> the wuhan virus, and that didn't save us in the least.
> >
> > Except air travel wasn't drastically curtailed. Trump only said it
> > was, and he was lying.
>
> It was, idiot.
> Anyone could look at flight tracking apps like
> flightaware/flightradar24, which I have subscribed to for years, and
> see the drastic change.
>
> Whole fleets of aircraft were parked in the desert, pilots were laid
> off en masse, airlines were bailed out to save them from going
> bankrupt and the majority of such air traffic that there was was
> cargo - but oh yeah, hippy knows better, as usual.

Yes, but when ?

You said "Early days" - which days do you actually mean ?

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Re: Airlines want to import more covid