From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Britain receives major Brexit boost
Date: 14 Aug 2023 10:30:52 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 14 Aug 2023 10:30 UTC

Britain receives major Brexit boost as UK manufacturers bring business back
from overseas
Firms are benefitting from Brexit by bringing business back to Britain.

A quarter of UK manufacturers say that they have "repatriated" the
production of goods.

By GILES SHELDRICK DAILY EXPRESS CHIEF REPORTER

The job-boosting move is seen as a sign British manufacturing can again
become a significant global player.

Metal firm boss Rowan Crozier said: “The opportunities are there. They’re
starting to be realised on shopfloors all over the country.

“However, there is still a big skills challenge to make sure we have the
technical competences required to really seize this once-in-a-generation
opportunity.

If we build the skills base I’m pretty certain global business will come.”

Tory MP and Express columnist Esther McVey couldn’t hide her delight at the
news.

She said: “This is exactly the type of Brexit boost many of us campaigned
for in the referendum.

“British businesses investing more in homegrown talent is exactly what we
envisaged – and it is fantastic that we are beginning to see signs of this
happening.

“There is more we can do to make the most of our Brexit freedoms, but this
shows the appetite is there for the benefits a truly independent UK can
bring.”

Despite doom-mongers writing off global Britain, Brexit has provided
immense opportunities for a myriad of companies that are the backbone of
the economy.

Since we quit the bloc on January 31, 2020 Brandauer, a 160-year-old family
firm, has secured more than £2million of new business with clients in
France, Holland and Slovakia. it has invested heavily in technology and
staff to offer prices that rival China and quality that beats competitors
in Germany. Central to its success has been reshoring.

The latest state-of-the-nation report into UK manufacturing is positive
with 25 percent of firms saying they have successfully brought contracts
back to Britain over the past 12 months.

A similar number has started the process.

[read more at the link below]

<https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1801847/brexit-boost-bringing-business-back-to-britain>

--
Spike