God save us from a bad neighbor and a beginner on the fiddle.

aus+uk / aus.politics / Re: Greens are pushingup egg prices and creating egg shortages

SubjectAuthor
* -- OOPS ON OUR FRENCH LESSON FOR TODAY ON WHEN BESTIALBaron
`* -- OOPS ON OUR DUTCH LESSON FOR TODAY ON WHEN GREEDY IMPOTENCE ISManok62
 +* -- OOPS ON OUR DUTCH LESSON FOR TODAY ON WHEN GREEDY IMPOTENCE ISOmnibus
> [...]
 | |   +* Greens are pushingup egg prices and creating egg shortages*Ördög* the real newsgroup Devil
 | |   |`* Greens are pushingup egg prices and creating egg shortagesFran
 | |   | `* Greens are pushingup egg prices and creating egg shortagesRod Speed
 | |   |  `- Greens are pushingup egg prices and creating egg shortages*Ördög* the real newsgroup Devil
 | |   +* Greens are pushingup egg prices and creating egg shortagesPeter Jason
 | |   |+* Greens are pushingup egg prices and creating egg shortagespetzl
 | |   ||+- Greens are pushingup egg prices and creating egg shortagesRod Speed
 | |   ||`- Greens are pushingup egg prices and creating egg shortagesÖrdög
 | |   |`* Greens are pushingup egg prices and creating egg shortagesRod Speed
 | |   | `- Greens are pushingup egg prices and creating egg shortages*Ördög* the real newsgroup Devil
 | |   `- Greens are pushingup egg prices and creating egg shortagesRod Speed
 `- -- OOPS ON OUR DUTCH LESSON FOR TODAY ON WHEN GREEDY IMPOTENCE ISBaron

Pages:1234
Re: Greens are pushingup egg prices and creating egg shortages

<op.178lv9b9byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29383&group=aus.politics#29383

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Subject: Re: Greens are pushingup egg prices and creating egg shortages
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2023 03:37:11 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 17 Jul 2023 17:37 UTC

On Mon, 17 Jul 2023 13:10:54 +1000, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 16 Jul 2023 19:16:51 -0700 (PDT), petzl <petzlx@gmail.com>
> wrote:

>>> possible.
>>> ? What is wrong with eating free range chooks?
>>>
>> You are remembering ancient history. 1950's
>> up to the 1970's caged hens did have cruel abusers!
>> During the 1980's they clean up their act.
>> In the 1950's I also had really, really free range hens then,
>>
>> Todays so called "free range" hens
>> Free-range will have 10,000 hens per hectare,
>> roughly one hen per square metre.
>> <https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/news-life/free-range-will-mean-up-to-10000-hens-per-hectare-under-new-national-agreement/news-story/e45828daeefc450f2fdb55c57cc6c875>
>> or https://tinyurl.com/2h2ymqas
>>
>> From Egg farmers Australia
>> Cage eggs are the cheapest available and remain the most affordable
>> protein for Aussie families. Compared to the other egg farming
>> methods: cage eggs farming has the lowest carbon footprint; the lowest
>> incidence of cannibalism among hen flocks; and the lowest incident of
>> disease.

> What do they feed these chooks,

Mixture of meat and grain meal.

> dead chooks?

Dead anything except humans.

> Are we in danger of Mad ,Chook disease?

Nope, chooks don't actually have a brain.

Re: Greens are pushingup egg prices and creating egg shortages

<op.178ly52nbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29384&group=aus.politics#29384

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2023 03:38:55 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 17 Jul 2023 17:38 UTC

On Mon, 17 Jul 2023 17:50:57 +1000, petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 1:11:00 PM UTC+10, Peter Jason wrote:
>> On Sun, 16 Jul 2023 19:16:51 -0700 (PDT), petzl <pet...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>> possible.
>> >>
>> >You are remembering ancient history. 1950's
>> >up to the 1970's caged hens did have cruel abusers!
>> >During the 1980's they cleaned up their act.
>> >In the 1950's I also had really, really free range hens then,
>> >
>> >Todays so called "free range" hens
>> >Free-range will have 10,000 hens per hectare,
>> >roughly one hen per square metre.
>> ><https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/news-life/free-range-will-mean-up-to-10000-hens-per-hectare-under-new-national-agreement/news-story/e45828daeefc450f2fdb55c57cc6c875>
>> > or https://tinyurl.com/2h2ymqas
>> >
>> >From Egg farmers Australia
>> >Cage eggs are the cheapest available and remain the most affordable
>> >protein for Aussie families. Compared to the other egg farming
>> >methods: cage eggs farming has the lowest carbon footprint; the lowest
>> >incidence of cannibalism among hen flocks; and the lowest incident of
>> >disease.
>> What do they feed these chooks, dead chooks? Are we in danger of Mad
>> Chook disease?
>>
> Big problem with so called "Free Range" is collecting eggs is more manual
> than cage eggs, Cage eggs are all electronically inspected, Free Range
> dodgy.
> Outbreaks in Victoria of Salmonella
> <https://www.ars.usda.gov/news-events/news/research-news/2004/free-range-chicken-no-guarantee-its-free-of-salmonella/>
> or https://tinyurl.com/2glkd92p
> "Free-Range" Chicken—No Guarantee It's Free of Salmonella

No guarantee that cage eggs are free of salmonella either.

Re: Greens are pushingup egg prices and creating egg shortages

<op.178l4fixbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29385&group=aus.politics#29385

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2023 03:42:05 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 17 Jul 2023 17:42 UTC

On Mon, 17 Jul 2023 19:45:30 +1000, Fran
<gettingmoredelusionalbythedayistheforger@nutcasewannabefran.com> wrote:

> On 17/07/2023 12:53 pm, *Ördög* the real newsgroup Devil wrote:
>> Petz, is working hard at improving his village idiot skill sets
>>
>>> Fran

>> Maybe Trevor is a vegetarian. My son is practically a vegan although
>> not the ideological type. We kook both vegan and non vegan food at
>> home. Hence I am still an omnivorous animal and do enjoy eating animal
>> protein.
>>
>>> You are remembering ancient history. 1950's
>>> up to the 1970's caged hens did have cruel abusers!
>> They still do.
>
> Yep. I saw caged hens on farms of the 50s and 60s and unlike now, the
> rows of cages weren't then riple or quadruple stacked like now. AND in
> those dim dark days, the birds were one to cage. Now it's 3!!!!!! 3
> birds!!!!!! to a cage AND the cages remain the same size as they were
> all those decades ago. the situation for the poor chooks is far worse
> now than it was in my parents day. That is why I keep my own chooks
> when I can.
>
> Whenever regulatory oversight gets lax (whenever
>> rightwing governments get into power) there are many who immediately
>> quick to look for loop holes and cracks in the regulatory system.
>>
>>> During the 1980's they clean up their act.
>> Bullshit they did. Just look up RSPCA records!
>
> :-)) and why caged hens will be a thing of the past come 2036.

Fantasy. They arent even in NZ

>>> In the 1950's I also had really, really free range hens then,
>> Ergo if you weren't the village idiot you should know better!
>>>
>>> Todays so called "free range" hens
>>> Free-range will have 10,000 hens per hectare,
>>> roughly one hen per square metre.
>>> <https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/news-life/free-range-will-mean-up-to-10000-hens-per-hectare-under-new-national-agreement/news-story/e45828daeefc450f2fdb55c57cc6c875>
>>> or https://tinyurl.com/2h2ymqas
>> >
>> So what do you think, actually how large those bird cages are those
>> farmers are using? I bet my hat on it that they ain't 1m^2 per chook.
>> Also 1m^2 free range area per animal does not mean that the free
>> movement of those birds is restricted to that specific allocated square
>> only. In contrast, how much freedom of movement a caged chicken
>> actually have, Petz dear.
>> Maybe someone should lock you up in a tiny cage for a month or so to
>> make you appreciate the stress those animal experience.
>>
>>> From Egg farmers Australia
>> No matter how many times you repeat that propaganda piece, it still
>> remains nothing more then a desperate and fully pathetic attempt by
>> knuckle dragging farmers unwilling to adopt to changing consumer demand
>> and valid calls for improved ethical animal-use practices in the food
>> production and farming industries.
>> /snip the rest of that ad nauseam regurgitated bullshit/
>> NOTE:
>> Your idiot alt-right/Xtian fundy hate propaganda and high octane
>> Goon-bag fumes induced fantasy sig was flushed down the gurgler as
>> always without reading!

Re: Greens are pushingup egg prices and creating egg shortages

<BqjtM.2$bG99.0@fx15.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29392&group=aus.politics#29392

Newsgroups: aus.politics
From: newsgrou...@Hell.Incorporated.biz (Ördög)
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2023 08:39:28 +1000
 by: Ördög - Mon, 17 Jul 2023 22:39 UTC

Petz digs himself into an even deeper hole

/Autosnip all inputs of mentally deranged home grown and septic trash
malicious wankers residing in my killfile/

> Big problem with so called "Free Range" is collecting eggs is more manual
> than cage eggs, Cage eggs are all electronically inspected, Free Range dodgy.
> Outbreaks in Victoria of Salmonella
> <https://www.ars.usda.gov/news-events/news/research-news/2004/free-range-chicken-no-guarantee-its-free-of-salmonella/>
> "Free-Range" Chicken—No Guarantee It's Free of Salmonella

If only you knew even the barest minimum about birds, let alone chook
farming, Petz dear. LOL!
Birds don't just drop their eggs on the ground at random locations on a
farm. Even if they are chooks. That is a fact of nature!
Anywho egg collection method has nothing to do with the spread of
Salmonella, you moron. Nor does any form of "electronic" cage inspection
helps against possible spread of that bacterium that is out there in its
natural environment. Clearly you have no clue about epidemiology of
infectious diseases.
How dodgy hygienically speaking eggs and poultry products are all depend
on how thorough the farmer is keeping the farm clean and how thorough
the bacteriological before sale product inspection/quality control is.
Brain dead cost cutting measures usually result in dodgy products.
Nothing to do with cage vs free range.
BTW the US on-mass, industrial scale poultry farming corporations are
the greatest cost cutting crooks. No wonder that in the US chicken meat
has to be chlorinated before it comes to the supermarket shelves (a
practice that is for instance in the EU forbidden). That speaks volumes
about the kind of unchecked rabid capitalism that rules the roost (pun
intended) in that country. Hopefully those truly dodgy US practices do
not translate one to one to Australian farming.

BTW as per usual, you don't even understand your own cited articles.
I'll bet you always only read the titles that seem to help you push an
agenda before you present it to the newsgroup.

NOTE:
Your idiotic alt-right/Xtian fundy hate propaganda and high octane

--
The ever present and ever vigilant newsgroup devil at your service.

Re: Greens are pushingup egg prices and creating egg shortages

<u94rml$1h3th$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29393&group=aus.politics#29393

From: dev...@a.shadow.that.scares.edu (*Ördög* the real newsgroup Devil)
<devil@a.shadow.that.scares.edu>
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2023 11:59:46 +1000
 by: *Ördög* the real n - Tue, 18 Jul 2023 01:59 UTC

Alzheimer Rod's 'Anger Management Disaster Show'

> Fran

/snip/
>> :-))  and why caged hens will be a thing of the past come 2036.
>
> Fantasy. They arent even in NZ

According to my calendar it ain't 2036 yet...NOT even in NZ!

:-P :-P :-P

--
Ördög
"A reminder for your mortification"

Re: Greens are pushingup egg prices and creating egg shortages

<u94sfe$1h7g2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29394&group=aus.politics#29394

From: dev...@a.shadow.that.scares.edu (*Ördög* the real newsgroup Devil)
<devil@a.shadow.that.scares.edu>
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2023 12:12:59 +1000
 by: *Ördög* the real n - Tue, 18 Jul 2023 02:12 UTC

Alzheimer Rod's 'Anger Management Disaster Show" continued unabated

/Autosnip all inputs of mentally deranged home grown and septic trash
malicious wankers residing in my killfile/

/snip more BS manually/

> Nope, chooks don't actually have a brain.

Wrong. You've confused chooks with that mad creature looking back at
your from your bathroom mirror. These birds are certifiably more
brainiac than you ever could manage to be. Also, chooks at least
guaranteed look a lot more appetizing than you do. I am convinced no
self respecting cannibal would ever touch you, not even with a barge
pole, they'd rather lick cane toads instead.