Whatever occurs from love is always beyond good and evil. -- Friedrich Nietzsche

aus+uk / aus.politics / Re: Donkey Dan wisens up.

SubjectAuthor
* Donkey Dan wisens up.Peter Jason
+- Donkey Dan wisens up.Ozix
`* Donkey Dan wisens up.Daniel65
 `* Donkey Dan wisens up.Peter Jason
  `* Donkey Dan wisens up.Daniel65
   +- Donkey Dan wisens up.Rod Speed
   `* Donkey Dan wisens up.Peter Jason
    `- Donkey Dan wisens up.Rod Speed

1
Donkey Dan wisens up.

<j94hbid8qaj557n2v0flge964g8cc4l9ui@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29425&group=aus.politics#29425

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Subject: Donkey Dan wisens up.
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 11:53:56 +1000
 by: Peter Jason - Thu, 20 Jul 2023 01:53 UTC

This Victorian interregnum has come good, for now anyway.

Dan has cancelled the Commonwealth Games because of expense. That is,
like double+ the original estimate, now about 7$Bill.

Dan is going to use this money where it is most needed, possibly by
paying out contractual obligations. And possibly funding more
hospitals.

Perhaps the world now realizes the futility of spending vast amounts
of money on stick throwers, knuckle-dragging ball kickers & throwers,
swimmers, tennis batters, and similar swill engaged in useless
endeavor.

Bravo Dan.

There's talk of having these circuses fixed in place in future, and I
would suggest southern Patagonia and the northern Hebrides

Re: Donkey Dan wisens up.

<64b899fd$1@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29426&group=aus.politics#29426

Subject: Re: Donkey Dan wisens up.
Newsgroups: aus.politics
From: ozi...@xizo.am (Ozix)
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 10:20:45 +0800
 by: Ozix - Thu, 20 Jul 2023 02:20 UTC

Peter Jason wrote:
> This Victorian interregnum has come good, for now anyway.
>
> Dan has cancelled the Commonwealth Games because of expense. That is,
> like double+ the original estimate, now about 7$Bill.
>
> Dan is going to use this money where it is most needed, possibly by
> paying out contractual obligations. And possibly funding more
> hospitals.
>
> Perhaps the world now realizes the futility of spending vast amounts
> of money on stick throwers, knuckle-dragging ball kickers & throwers,
> swimmers, tennis batters, and similar swill engaged in useless
> endeavor.
>
> Bravo Dan.
>
> There's talk of having these circuses fixed in place in future, and I
> would suggest southern Patagonia and the northern Hebrides

France similarly pulled the plug on Rugby League World Cup with 29
months to go. Guess they figured not enough Europeans are going to spend
hundreds of Euros on hotels to watch a few games.

Re: Donkey Dan wisens up.

<u9b4cq$2m4ui$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29427&group=aus.politics#29427

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 21:04:57 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Thu, 20 Jul 2023 11:04 UTC

Peter Jason wrote on 20/7/23 11:53 am:
> This Victorian interregnum has come good, for now anyway.
>
> Dan has cancelled the Commonwealth Games because of expense. That is,
> like double+ the original estimate, now about 7$Bill.
>
> Dan is going to use this money where it is most needed, possibly by
> paying out contractual obligations. And possibly funding more
> hospitals.
>
> Perhaps the world now realizes the futility of spending vast amounts
> of money on stick throwers, knuckle-dragging ball kickers & throwers,
> swimmers, tennis batters, and similar swill engaged in useless
> endeavor.
>
> Bravo Dan.
>
> There's talk of having these circuses fixed in place in future, and I
> would suggest southern Patagonia and the northern Hebrides

Whilst I'll grant you that the "Northern Hebrides" seem to be part of
The Commonwealth, Patagonia is not, so why is that being (supposedly)
considered as a possible substitute??
--
Daniel

Re: Donkey Dan wisens up.

<bq7jbipr5314p9khf9a1gs5dceqb11hent@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29432&group=aus.politics#29432

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2023 06:56:58 +1000
 by: Peter Jason - Thu, 20 Jul 2023 20:56 UTC

On Thu, 20 Jul 2023 21:04:57 +1000, Daniel65
<daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

>Peter Jason wrote on 20/7/23 11:53 am:
>> This Victorian interregnum has come good, for now anyway.
>>
>> Dan has cancelled the Commonwealth Games because of expense. That is,
>> like double+ the original estimate, now about 7$Bill.
>>
>> Dan is going to use this money where it is most needed, possibly by
>> paying out contractual obligations. And possibly funding more
>> hospitals.
>>
>> Perhaps the world now realizes the futility of spending vast amounts
>> of money on stick throwers, knuckle-dragging ball kickers & throwers,
>> swimmers, tennis batters, and similar swill engaged in useless
>> endeavor.
>>
>> Bravo Dan.
>>
>> There's talk of having these circuses fixed in place in future, and I
>> would suggest southern Patagonia and the northern Hebrides
>>
>Whilst I'll grant you that the "Northern Hebrides" seem to be part of
>The Commonwealth, Patagonia is not, so why is that being (supposedly)
>considered as a possible substitute??

Well, I suppose I had to make my first mistake one day. Of course I
meant the Falklands.

Re: Donkey Dan wisens up.

<u9ds02$3838l$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29433&group=aus.politics#29433

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2023 22:00:00 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Fri, 21 Jul 2023 12:00 UTC

Peter Jason wrote on 21/7/23 6:56 am:
> On Thu, 20 Jul 2023 21:04:57 +1000, Daniel65
> <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>
>> Peter Jason wrote on 20/7/23 11:53 am:
>>> This Victorian interregnum has come good, for now anyway.
>>>
>>> Dan has cancelled the Commonwealth Games because of expense.
>>> That is, like double+ the original estimate, now about 7$Bill.
>>>
>>> Dan is going to use this money where it is most needed, possibly
>>> by paying out contractual obligations. And possibly funding
>>> more hospitals.
>>>
>>> Perhaps the world now realizes the futility of spending vast
>>> amounts of money on stick throwers, knuckle-dragging ball kickers
>>> & throwers, swimmers, tennis batters, and similar swill engaged
>>> in useless endeavor.
>>>
>>> Bravo Dan.
>>>
>>> There's talk of having these circuses fixed in place in future,
>>> and I would suggest southern Patagonia and the northern Hebrides
>>>
>> Whilst I'll grant you that the "Northern Hebrides" seem to be part
>> of The Commonwealth, Patagonia is not, so why is that being
>> (supposedly) considered as a possible substitute??
>
> Well, I suppose I had to make my first mistake one day.

Oww!! Oww!! Oww! And I cought you out at it!! Boy!! Oh, Boy!! How good
am I?? ;-P

> Of course I meant the Falklands.

Hmm!! Didn't England/U.K. give them back to Argentina (or some such)
some time after 1982??
--
Daniel

Re: Donkey Dan wisens up.

<op.18f04vrfbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29434&group=aus.politics#29434

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2023 03:49:33 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 21 Jul 2023 17:49 UTC

On Fri, 21 Jul 2023 22:00:00 +1000, Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org>
wrote:

> Peter Jason wrote on 21/7/23 6:56 am:
>> On Thu, 20 Jul 2023 21:04:57 +1000, Daniel65
>> <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

>>> Whilst I'll grant you that the "Northern Hebrides" seem to be part
>>> of The Commonwealth, Patagonia is not, so why is that being
>>> (supposedly) considered as a possible substitute??

>> Well, I suppose I had to make my first mistake one day.

> Oww!! Oww!! Oww!

Must be fun flagelating with just one arm.

> And I cought you out at it!! Boy!! Oh, Boy!! How good
> am I?? ;-P

>> Of course I meant the Falklands.

> Hmm!! Didn't England/U.K. give them back to Argentina (or some such)
> some time after 1982??

Nope, dope.

Re: Donkey Dan wisens up.

<vt5mbil468m8dfptvhvda46p7ac0nrbfkm@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29436&group=aus.politics#29436

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2023 09:46:27 +1000
 by: Peter Jason - Fri, 21 Jul 2023 23:46 UTC

On Fri, 21 Jul 2023 22:00:00 +1000, Daniel65
<daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

>Peter Jason wrote on 21/7/23 6:56 am:
>> On Thu, 20 Jul 2023 21:04:57 +1000, Daniel65
>> <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

>>> Whilst I'll grant you that the "Northern Hebrides" seem to be part
>>> of The Commonwealth, Patagonia is not, so why is that being
>>> (supposedly) considered as a possible substitute??
>>
>> Well, I suppose I had to make my first mistake one day.
>
>Oww!! Oww!! Oww! And I cought you out at it!! Boy!! Oh, Boy!! How good
>am I?? ;-P

Promise you won't tell? Pretty please!

>> Of course I meant the Falklands.
>>
>Hmm!! Didn't England/U.K. give them back to Argentina (or some such)
>some time after 1982??

No the English still have them, and it costs them plenty.
Probably a hang-over from the 1800s when nitrates were mined in Chile
(explosives, fertilizers) and there was no Panama canal, and the ships
had to maneuver the Magellan straits, and the English ensconced in the
Falklands could keep an eye on things. There's only lonely sheep
there now, and the Falklandres work hard under the moon to keep them
entertained.

Re: Donkey Dan wisens up.

<op.18gnoiy6byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29438&group=aus.politics#29438

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2023 11:56:32 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 22 Jul 2023 01:56 UTC

On Sat, 22 Jul 2023 09:46:27 +1000, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Jul 2023 22:00:00 +1000, Daniel65
> <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>
>> Peter Jason wrote on 21/7/23 6:56 am:

>>> Well, I suppose I had to make my first mistake one day.
>>
>> Oww!! Oww!! Oww! And I cought you out at it!! Boy!! Oh, Boy!! How good
>> am I?? ;-P
>
> Promise you won't tell? Pretty please!
>>
>>> Of course I meant the Falklands.
>>>
>> Hmm!! Didn't England/U.K. give them back to Argentina (or some such)
>> some time after 1982??
>
> No the English still have them, and it costs them plenty.
> Probably a hang-over from the 1800s when nitrates were mined in Chile
> (explosives, fertilizers) and there was no Panama canal, and the ships
> had to maneuver the Magellan straits,

Nope, ships only stopped there in an emergency
because the port was quite dangerous to stop at.

> and the English ensconced in the
> Falklands could keep an eye on things.

Nope, that isnt what happened either

> There's only lonely sheep there now,