From: usenet.t...@gmail.com (Tweed)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Secrets of the London Underground series 2
Date: Sat, 14 May 2022 19:50:33 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:qLM7QI7so8rrXy0PI3gDMGcV7S8=
 by: Tweed - Sat, 14 May 2022 19:50 UTC

Not sure I’ve seen it mentioned here. Series 2 started on May 5th on
Yesterday. So far two episodes of ten available to download. Will include
Crossrail.

Re: Secrets of the London Underground series 2

<t5p4mv$q8p$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29503&group=uk.railway#29503

From: me...@privacy.invalid (NY)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: Secrets of the London Underground series 2
Date: Sat, 14 May 2022 21:50:35 +0100
 by: NY - Sat, 14 May 2022 20:50 UTC

"Tweed" <usenet.tweed@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Not sure I’ve seen it mentioned here. Series 2 started on May 5th on
> Yesterday. So far two episodes of ten available to download. Will include
> Crossrail.

I posted an alert a few days before episode 1 of series 2 a couple of weeks
ago.

It will be interesting to see what I learn about in this series. I never
knew that it was possible to see the sub-surface maintenance depot for the
W&C line from the end of the platform at Waterloo. Was the vertical lift
that was roughly where the old Eurostar platforms are in use right up to
when those platforms were built, or was there an interim period when there
was a similar (but later) lift in Spur Road before the present crane there?

Imagine how the Underground map would have been different if the
Jubilee/Fleet line have been extended beyond Charing Cross to Aldwych soon
after the line opened in 1979. If it had gone on its projected route, I
presume any extension to Docklands would have started from where the
original projected route ended, rather than everything beyond Charing Cross
being abandoned in favour of the present extension via Waterloo and London
Bridge.

To say that Siddy is Icelandic, her voice is remarkably free of a foreign
accent, beyond a very slightly plummy English accent.

Re: Secrets of the London Underground series 2

<t5p637$3vr$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29505&group=uk.railway#29505

From: usenet.t...@gmail.com (Tweed)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sat, 14 May 2022 21:14:15 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:1Ns9Q8WsdxsfI7OSOvQ84hwWx10=
 by: Tweed - Sat, 14 May 2022 21:14 UTC

NY <me@privacy.invalid> wrote:
> "Tweed" <usenet.tweed@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Not sure I’ve seen it mentioned here. Series 2 started on May 5th on
>> Yesterday. So far two episodes of ten available to download. Will include
>> Crossrail.
>
> I posted an alert a few days before episode 1 of series 2 a couple of weeks
> ago.
>
> It will be interesting to see what I learn about in this series. I never
> knew that it was possible to see the sub-surface maintenance depot for the
> W&C line from the end of the platform at Waterloo. Was the vertical lift
> that was roughly where the old Eurostar platforms are in use right up to
> when those platforms were built, or was there an interim period when there
> was a similar (but later) lift in Spur Road before the present crane there?
>
> Imagine how the Underground map would have been different if the
> Jubilee/Fleet line have been extended beyond Charing Cross to Aldwych soon
> after the line opened in 1979. If it had gone on its projected route, I
> presume any extension to Docklands would have started from where the
> original projected route ended, rather than everything beyond Charing Cross
> being abandoned in favour of the present extension via Waterloo and London
> Bridge.
>
> To say that Siddy is Icelandic, her voice is remarkably free of a foreign
> accent, beyond a very slightly plummy English accent.

Sorry, not been paying attention at the back :)