Newsgroups: aus.legal
From: Dechuc...@hotmail.com (Dechucka)
Subject: Department of Defence fined $1 million , What is the point?
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2021 16:40:39 +1000
 by: Dechucka - Wed, 1 Sep 2021 06:40 UTC

Department of Defence fined $1 million over death of soldier Jason
Challis in live-fire training exercise
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-01/jason-challis-death-training-exercise-defence-department-fined/100424318

It isn't a punishment to anybody. I suppose they have to make it look
that Gov Depts are treated the same as private organisations but seems
pointless.

Re: Department of Defence fined $1 million , What is the point?

<a286b003-b8fa-4643-9c56-17a5f6d56303n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2972&group=aus.legal#2972

Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 23:50:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: palliso...@gmail.com (Phil Allison)
 by: Phil Allison - Wed, 1 Sep 2021 06:50 UTC

Dechucka wrote:
===============

> Department of Defence fined $1 million over death of soldier Jason
> Challis in live-fire training exercise
> https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-01/jason-challis-death-training-exercise-defence-department-fined/100424318
>
> It isn't a punishment to anybody. I suppose they have to make it look
> that Gov Depts are treated the same as private organisations but seems
> pointless.

** The Army was never meant to be safe.
Training can be just as dangerous as the real thing.

Especially flying training in the Army or RAAF.

....... Phil

Re: Department of Defence fined $1 million , What is the point?

<9tiuigp74a7rdjqchiadb7tgacra5heo9f@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2984&group=aus.legal#2984

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2021 19:50:08 +1000
 by: Petzl - Wed, 1 Sep 2021 09:50 UTC

On Wed, 1 Sep 2021 16:40:39 +1000, Dechucka <Dechucka1@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Department of Defence fined $1 million over death of soldier Jason
>Challis in live-fire training exercise
>https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-01/jason-challis-death-training-exercise-defence-department-fined/100424318
>
>It isn't a punishment to anybody. I suppose they have to make it look
>that Gov Depts are treated the same as private organisations but seems
>pointless.

Depends on how much flame they had turned on
You get some macho types that put the flames up above and beyond.
I once told you some flame have to be put out with 500PSI hoses
requiring teams to hold them steady.
Some gooses go to far with their "training"
--
Petzl
Good lawyers know the law

Re: Department of Defence fined $1 million , What is the point?

<77645244-9a53-40d4-b5d3-449011fb36b1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2985&group=aus.legal#2985

Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2021 03:30:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: palliso...@gmail.com (Phil Allison)
 by: Phil Allison - Wed, 1 Sep 2021 10:30 UTC

pet...@gmail.com wrote:
=========================

> >Department of Defence fined $1 million over death of soldier Jason
> >Challis in live-fire training exercise
> >https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-01/jason-challis-death-training-exercise-defence-department-fined/100424318
> >

> Depends on how much flame they had turned on

** Huh ?

> You get some macho types that put the flames up above and beyond.

** Maybe.

> I once told you some flame have to be put out with 500PSI hoses
> requiring teams to hold them steady.

** Seen a few firemen doing that.

> Some gooses go to far with their "training"

** Good for the Goose, good for the gander ...

So Martians really do walk among us ?