Every young man should have a hobby: learning how to handle money is the best one. -- Jack Hurley

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Near Miss of the Day 635: “Absolute moron” overtakes cyclists during sportive

SubjectAuthor
* Near Miss of the Day 635: “Absolute moron” overtswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: Near Miss of the Day 635: “Absolute moron” oMike Collins
|`* Re: Near Miss of the Day 635: “Absolute moron” oswldx...@gmail.com
| `- Re: Near Miss of the Day 635: "Absolute moron" overtakes cyclists during sportivMr Pounder Esquire
`* Re: Near Miss of the Day 635: “Absolute moronJNugent
 `* Re: Near Miss of the Day 635: “Absolute moron” oMike Collins
  `* Re: Near Miss of the Day 635: “Absolute moronJNugent
   `* Re: Near Miss of the Day 635: “Absolute moron” oMike Collins
    `* Re: Near Miss of the Day 635: “Absolute moronJNugent
     `* Re: Near Miss of the Day 635: “Absolute moron” oMike Collins
      +* Re: Near Miss of the Day 635: “Absolute moronJNugent
      |`- Re: Near Miss of the Day 635: “Absolute moron” oMike Collins
      `* Re: Near Miss of the Day 635: "Absolute moron" overtakes fairy-cyclists during sMr Pounder Esquire
       `- Re: Near Miss of the Day 635: "Absolute moron" overtakesPeter Keller

1
Near Miss of the Day 635: “Absolute moron” overtakes cyclists during sportive

<996a3908-3ba4-4e44-b66b-a1d8db926221n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2982&group=uk.rec.cycling#2982

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 06:23:07 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Near_Miss_of_the_Day_635:_“Absolute_moron”_overt
akes_cyclists_during_sportive
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 13 Sep 2021 13:23 UTC

By definition, the videos in our Near Miss of the Day series feature examples of poor driving – but there should be a special award for the type of stupidity displayed by this overtaking cyclists participating in a sportive in Northern Ireland – and having to brake to a halt to avoid hitting another car head-on.

It happened during yesterday’s Tour of Strangford in County Down, a charity sportive organised by Ards Cycling Club (link is external) and featuring 80 and 50 mile routes around Strangford Lough, the largest sea inlet in Britain and Ireland.

The clip was sent to us by road.cc reader Paul, who described the driver as “an absolute moron” – it’s hard not to agree with that.

https://road.cc/content/news/nmotd-635-absolute-moron-overtakes-sportive-riders-286313

Re: Near Miss of the Day 635: “Absolute moron” overtakes cyclists during sportive

<b1a79403-fa1e-4d23-b100-f01aa85e03cen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2986&group=uk.rec.cycling#2986

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 07:31:38 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re:_Near_Miss_of_the_Day_635:_“Absolute_moron”_o
vertakes_cyclists_during_sportive
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Mon, 13 Sep 2021 14:31 UTC

On Monday, 13 September 2021 at 14:23:08 UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> By definition, the videos in our Near Miss of the Day series feature examples of poor driving – but there should be a special award for the type of stupidity displayed by this overtaking cyclists participating in a sportive in Northern Ireland – and having to brake to a halt to avoid hitting another car head-on.
>
> It happened during yesterday’s Tour of Strangford in County Down, a charity sportive organised by Ards Cycling Club (link is external) and featuring 80 and 50 mile routes around Strangford Lough, the largest sea inlet in Britain and Ireland.
>
> The clip was sent to us by road.cc reader Paul, who described the driver as “an absolute moron” – it’s hard not to agree with that.
>
> https://road.cc/content/news/nmotd-635-absolute-moron-overtakes-sportive-riders-286313

I think you need to read the (motorist) Highway Code. Rule 1 clearly states cyclists MUST be overtaken IMMEDIATELY.
Every second you wait behind a cyclist will cause your penis to shrink by 1mm.

Re: Near Miss of the Day 635: “Absolute moron” overtakes fairy-cyclists during sportive

<iq978fFlnbrU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2987&group=uk.rec.cycling#2987

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re:_Near_Miss_of_the_Day_635:_“Absolute_moron
”_overtakes_fairy-cyclists_during_sportive
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 15:58:23 +0100
 by: JNugent - Mon, 13 Sep 2021 14:58 UTC

> By definition, the videos in our Near Miss of the Day series feature examples of poor driving – but there should be a special award for the type of stupidity displayed by this overtaking fairy-cyclists participating in a sportive in Northern Ireland – and having to brake to a halt to avoid hitting another car head-on.
>
> It happened during yesterday’s Tour of Strangford in County Down, a charity sportive organised by Ards Fairy-Cycling Club (link is external) and featuring 80 and 50 mile routes around Strangford Lough, the largest sea inlet in Britain and Ireland.
>
> The clip was sent to us by road.cc reader Paul, who described the driver as “an absolute moron” – it’s hard not to agree with that.
>
> https://road.cc/content/news/nmotd-635-absolute-moron-overtakes-sportive-riders-286313

What is a "sportive"?

Whatever it is, in what way does it mean that normal people are
forbidden to use the highway?

Re: Near Miss of the Day 635: “Absolute moron” overtakes fairy-cyclists during sportive

<ac0c7c6f-7259-4f38-ad52-f4504f36d8b7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2989&group=uk.rec.cycling#2989

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 08:11:51 -0700 (PDT)
vertakes_fairy-cyclists_during_sportive
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Mon, 13 Sep 2021 15:11 UTC

On Monday, 13 September 2021 at 15:58:25 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
> On 13/09/2021 02:23 pm, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > By definition, the videos in our Near Miss of the Day series feature examples of poor driving – but there should be a special award for the type of stupidity displayed by this overtaking fairy-cyclists participating in a sportive in Northern Ireland – and having to brake to a halt to avoid hitting another car head-on.
> >
> > It happened during yesterday’s Tour of Strangford in County Down, a charity sportive organised by Ards Fairy-Cycling Club (link is external) and featuring 80 and 50 mile routes around Strangford Lough, the largest sea inlet in Britain and Ireland.
> >
> > The clip was sent to us by road.cc reader Paul, who described the driver as “an absolute moron” – it’s hard not to agree with that.
> >
> > https://road.cc/content/news/nmotd-635-absolute-moron-overtakes-sportive-riders-286313
> What is a "sportive"?
>
> Whatever it is, in what way does it mean that normal people are
> forbidden to use the highway?

So you 'think' the motorist did nothing wrong?
The subsidised road user was welcome to use roads paid for by cyclists provided it complies with the conditions of it's licence.
I am sure even you will agree this overtake was dangerous and endangered the lives of both the paying road users and the oncoming subsidised road user..

Re: Near Miss of the Day 635: “Absolute moron” overtakes fairy-cyclists during sportive

<iq98k3Flud0U4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2990&group=uk.rec.cycling#2990

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
”_overtakes_fairy-cyclists_during_sportive
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 16:21:39 +0100
 by: JNugent - Mon, 13 Sep 2021 15:21 UTC

On 13/09/2021 04:11 pm, Mike Collins wrote:
> On Monday, 13 September 2021 at 15:58:25 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
>> On 13/09/2021 02:23 pm, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>> By definition, the videos in our Near Miss of the Day series feature examples of poor driving – but there should be a special award for the type of stupidity displayed by this overtaking fairy-cyclists participating in a sportive in Northern Ireland – and having to brake to a halt to avoid hitting another car head-on.
>>>
>>> It happened during yesterday’s Tour of Strangford in County Down, a charity sportive organised by Ards Fairy-Cycling Club (link is external) and featuring 80 and 50 mile routes around Strangford Lough, the largest sea inlet in Britain and Ireland.
>>>
>>> The clip was sent to us by road.cc reader Paul, who described the driver as “an absolute moron” – it’s hard not to agree with that.
>>>
>>> https://road.cc/content/news/nmotd-635-absolute-moron-overtakes-sportive-riders-286313

>> What is a "sportive"?
>>
>> Whatever it is, in what way does it mean that normal people are
>> forbidden to use the highway?
>
> So you 'think' the motorist did nothing wrong?
> The subsidised road user was welcome to use roads paid for by fairy-cyclists provided it complies with the conditions of it's licence.
> I am sure even you will agree this overtake was dangerous and endangered the lives of both the paying road users and the oncoming subsidised road user.

B O R I N G

Re: Near Miss of the Day 635: “Absolute moron” overtakes fairy-cyclists during sportive

<7e8053d1-7a1a-4463-931f-cf75f9da0661n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2991&group=uk.rec.cycling#2991

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 08:44:35 -0700 (PDT)
vertakes_fairy-cyclists_during_sportive
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Mon, 13 Sep 2021 15:44 UTC

On Monday, 13 September 2021 at 16:21:42 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
> On 13/09/2021 04:11 pm, Mike Collins wrote:

> >> What is a "sportive"?
> >>
> >> Whatever it is, in what way does it mean that normal people are
> >> forbidden to use the highway?
> >
> > So you 'think' the motorist did nothing wrong?
> > The subsidised road user was welcome to use roads paid for by fairy-cyclists provided it complies with the conditions of it's licence.
> > I am sure even you will agree this overtake was dangerous and endangered the lives of both the paying road users and the oncoming subsidised road user.
> B O R I N G

I did not say that.

Re: Near Miss of the Day 635: “Absolute moron” overtakes fairy-cyclists during sportive

<iq9d6iFmrdtU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2995&group=uk.rec.cycling#2995

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
”_overtakes_fairy-cyclists_during_sportive
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 17:39:46 +0100
 by: JNugent - Mon, 13 Sep 2021 16:39 UTC

On 13/09/2021 04:44 pm, Mike Collins wrote:
> On Monday, 13 September 2021 at 16:21:42 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

>>> So you 'think' the motorist did nothing wrong?
>>> The subsidised road user was welcome to use roads paid for by fairy-cyclists provided it complies with the conditions of it's licence.
>>> I am sure even you will agree this overtake was dangerous and endangered the lives of both the paying road users and the oncoming subsidised road user.

>> B O R I N G
>
> I did not say that.

You didn't say what?

I have quoted you verbatim, correcting only one small error you made.

Re: Near Miss of the Day 635: “Absolute moron” overtakes cyclists during sportive

<5581c6fe-272b-4ff5-96ce-5cf1e61c3b99n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2997&group=uk.rec.cycling#2997

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 09:48:51 -0700 (PDT)
vertakes_cyclists_during_sportive
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 13 Sep 2021 16:48 UTC

On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 3:31:39 PM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:
> On Monday, 13 September 2021 at 14:23:08 UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > By definition, the videos in our Near Miss of the Day series feature examples of poor driving – but there should be a special award for the type of stupidity displayed by this overtaking cyclists participating in a sportive in Northern Ireland – and having to brake to a halt to avoid hitting another car head-on.
> >
> > It happened during yesterday’s Tour of Strangford in County Down, a charity sportive organised by Ards Cycling Club (link is external) and featuring 80 and 50 mile routes around Strangford Lough, the largest sea inlet in Britain and Ireland.
> >
> > The clip was sent to us by road.cc reader Paul, who described the driver as “an absolute moron” – it’s hard not to agree with that.
> >
> > https://road.cc/content/news/nmotd-635-absolute-moron-overtakes-sportive-riders-286313
> I think you need to read the (motorist) Highway Code. Rule 1 clearly states cyclists MUST be overtaken IMMEDIATELY.
> Every second you wait behind a cyclist will cause your penis to shrink by 1mm.

Easily compensated by the size of your metal coffin on wheels.

Re: Near Miss of the Day 635: “Absolute moron” overtakes fairy-cyclists during sportive

<dab2e508-117d-4f0f-87b8-4681cd72e96fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2998&group=uk.rec.cycling#2998

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 10:06:48 -0700 (PDT)
vertakes_fairy-cyclists_during_sportive
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Mon, 13 Sep 2021 17:06 UTC

On Monday, 13 September 2021 at 17:39:49 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
> On 13/09/2021 04:44 pm, Mike Collins wrote:

> >> B O R I N G
> >
> > I did not say that.
> You didn't say what?
>
> I have quoted you verbatim, correcting only one small error you made.

No you introduced your sexual fantasy by changing cyclists to fairy-cyclists. Whatever does it for you.

Re: Near Miss of the Day 635: “Absolute moron” overtakes fairy-cyclists during sportive

<iq9f2fFn767U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2999&group=uk.rec.cycling#2999

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
”_overtakes_fairy-cyclists_during_sportive
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 18:11:43 +0100
 by: JNugent - Mon, 13 Sep 2021 17:11 UTC

On 13/09/2021 06:06 pm, Mike Collins wrote:
> On Monday, 13 September 2021 at 17:39:49 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

>>> I did not say that.
>> You didn't say what?
>>
>> I have quoted you verbatim, correcting only one small error you made.
>
> No you introduced your sexual fantasy by changing cyclists to fairy-cyclists. Whatever does it for you.

It introduces some accuracy for a change.

You have absolutely no room to criticise such corrections.

Re: Near Miss of the Day 635: “Absolute moron” overtakes fairy-cyclists during sportive

<f9daf496-f035-4035-90a0-c5bb28108219n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3002&group=uk.rec.cycling#3002

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 10:40:16 -0700 (PDT)
vertakes_fairy-cyclists_during_sportive
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Mon, 13 Sep 2021 17:40 UTC

On Monday, 13 September 2021 at 18:11:46 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
> On 13/09/2021 06:06 pm, Mike Collins wrote:

> >> You didn't say what?
> >>
> >> I have quoted you verbatim, correcting only one small error you made.
> >
> > No you introduced your sexual fantasy by changing cyclists to fairy-cyclists. Whatever does it for you.
> It introduces some accuracy for a change.

Please cite peer reviewed evidence to support this claim.

> You have absolutely no room to criticise such corrections.

See above.

Re: Near Miss of the Day 635: "Absolute moron" overtakes cyclists during sportive

<sho4h2$g3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3005&group=uk.rec.cycling#3005

From: MrPoun...@RationalThought.com (Mr Pounder Esquire)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Near Miss of the Day 635: "Absolute moron" overtakes cyclists during sportive
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 19:15:53 +0100
 by: Mr Pounder Esquire - Mon, 13 Sep 2021 18:15 UTC

swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 3:31:39 PM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:
>> On Monday, 13 September 2021 at 14:23:08 UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com
>> wrote:
>>> By definition, the videos in our Near Miss of the Day series
>>> feature examples of poor driving - but there should be a special
>>> award for the type of stupidity displayed by this overtaking
>>> cyclists participating in a sportive in Northern Ireland - and
>>> having to brake to a halt to avoid hitting another car head-on.
>>>
>>> It happened during yesterday's Tour of Strangford in County Down, a
>>> charity sportive organised by Ards Cycling Club (link is external)
>>> and featuring 80 and 50 mile routes around Strangford Lough, the
>>> largest sea inlet in Britain and Ireland.
>>>
>>> The clip was sent to us by road.cc reader Paul, who described the
>>> driver as "an absolute moron" - it's hard not to agree with that.
>>>
>>> https://road.cc/content/news/nmotd-635-absolute-moron-overtakes-sportive-riders-286313
>> I think you need to read the (motorist) Highway Code. Rule 1 clearly
>> states cyclists MUST be overtaken IMMEDIATELY. Every second you wait
>> behind a cyclist will cause your penis to shrink by 1mm.
>
> Easily compensated by the size of your metal coffin on wheels.

Prat.

Re: Near Miss of the Day 635: "Absolute moron" overtakes fairy-cyclists during sportive

<sho54a$9ub$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3006&group=uk.rec.cycling#3006

From: MrPoun...@RationalThought.com (Mr Pounder Esquire)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Near Miss of the Day 635: "Absolute moron" overtakes fairy-cyclists during sportive
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 19:26:09 +0100
 by: Mr Pounder Esquire - Mon, 13 Sep 2021 18:26 UTC

Mike Collins wrote:
> On Monday, 13 September 2021 at 17:39:49 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

>>> I did not say that.
>> You didn't say what?
>>
>> I have quoted you verbatim, correcting only one small error you made.
>
> No you introduced your sexual fantasy by changing cyclists to
> fairy-cyclists. Whatever does it for you.

Typical low level cheap stupid reply from a scum cyclist when getting beaten
as always up by a proper road user.
Why don't you just fuck off out of this group and stop making a prat of
yourself? You really are of no use in supporting cyclists and only make them
and yourself look very stupid - which they and you are.

Re: Near Miss of the Day 635: "Absolute moron" overtakes fairy-cyclists during sportive

<shppm2$3bp$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3019&group=uk.rec.cycling#3019

From: muzhm...@centrum.sk (Peter Keller)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Near Miss of the Day 635: "Absolute moron" overtakes
fairy-cyclists during sportive
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 21:23:14 +1200
 by: Peter Keller - Tue, 14 Sep 2021 09:23 UTC

On 14/09/21 06:26, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> Mike Collins wrote:

>>> You didn't say what?
>>>
>>> I have quoted you verbatim, correcting only one small error you made.
>>
>> No you introduced your sexual fantasy by changing cyclists to
>> fairy-cyclists. Whatever does it for you.
>
> Typical low level cheap stupid reply from a scum cyclist when getting beaten
> as always up by a proper road user.
> Why don't you just fuck off out of this group and stop making a prat of
> yourself? You really are of no use in supporting cyclists and only make them
> and yourself look very stupid - which they and you are.

My middle finger gets a boner every time I see you.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Near Miss of the Day 635: “Absolute moron” overtakes cyclists during sportive