From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Anti-vax victimisation
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 17:22:00 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 17:22 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59930206

<quotes>

Ikea has cut sick pay for unvaccinated staff who need to self-isolate because of Covid exposure, joining a growing list of firms changing their rules.

"Fully vaccinated co-workers or those with mitigating circumstances will receive full pay for self-isolations.

"Unvaccinated co-workers will be paid in line with our company absence policy for self-isolation, with close-contact isolation being paid at Statutory Sick Pay.

</quotes>

I do not know what difference there is when people will only be self-isolating because they are forced to by law, whether fully vaccinated or not.

It's not like their being unvaccinated put them in isolation while being vaccinated would have avoided that.

It's different to being in hospital and on a ventilator because their not being vaccinated put them there where being fully vaccinated would have saved them from that.

"It's their own fault, they are victims of their own decisions" doesn't apply to forced self-isolation even if it does to hospitalisation.

If one replaced "vaccinated" with "white" and "unvaccinated" with "black" it would clearly be racial discrimination. It would cause outrage if one replaced vaccinated" with "black" and "unvaccinated" with "white".

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Anti-vax victimisation