From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: More problems for Djerkovik
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 14:32:19 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Tue, 11 Jan 2022 14:32 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-59946900

<quotes>

Australian border officials are investigating whether Novak Djokovic's travel entry form included a false declaration, Australian media report.

The 34-year-old Serb player's entry form stated he had not travelled in the 14 days before his arrival on 6 January.

Social media posts appear to show him in both Serbia and Spain during that fortnight.

</quotes>

Djerkovik appears to be claiming Australia Tennis completed his entry form but I am sure he would have had to confirm it was a true statement of facts, and that question is asked for a reason.

False declaration and having travelled would seem to be grounds for deportation, and the court never ruled on whether he actually has vaccination exemption.

I can't see him not being deported but we will have to wait and see.

Re: More problems for Djerkovik

<20220112095408.00005dcd@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3006&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#3006

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: More problems for Djerkovik
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 09:54:08 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 12 Jan 2022 09:54 UTC

On Tue, 11 Jan 2022 14:32:19 +0000
The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:

> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-59946900
: > Australian border officials are investigating whether Novak
> Djokovic's travel entry form included a false declaration, Australian
> media report.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-59935127

<quotes>

Tennis star Novak Djokovic has admitted there were mistakes on his immigration forms and to meeting a journalist despite testing positive for Covid, as Australia mulls deporting him.

Djokovic made the admissions in an Instagram post to clarify "ongoing misinformation" about his movements.

</quotes>

I would not class it as clarifying misinformation as much as finally admitting the truth of the allegations surrounding him.

It would be odd if the Australian government tolerated his lies when they wouldn't if it were an Australian citizen, will give them a whole host of problems if they do.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Re: More problems for Djerkovik