From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: It's my party, I'll lie if I want to
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 10:18:25 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 12 Jan 2022 10:18 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-59958872

<quotes>

The latest revelations have left many Tory MPs furious.

One of those prepared to put that fury on the record was Nigel Mills, who told the BBC: "The idea that during the worst lockdown - when you could only see one other person - that the people organising the rules were having a party is just unacceptable. It's indefensible."

There are other Conservative MPs who agree - but aren't prepared to say so on the record at the moment.

Some critics say they now think it's a matter of when - and not if - the prime minister will have to stand down.

But not everyone believes things are terminal for the prime minister.

</quotes>

They all know he should go and it is becoming increasing difficult to defend the indefensible.

As soon as they feel defending Johnson harms their own prospects they will turn on him.

One more revelation and he could be out.

If Starmer is smart he'll call Johnson a "bare faced liar" at PMQ's before retracting and apologising for his unparliamentary language.

A string of ministers and MP's facing "Is Johnson a liar?" might finally settle things.

Re: It's my party, I'll lie if I want to

<20220112123546.00004948@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3009&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#3009

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: It's my party, I'll lie if I want to
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 12:35:46 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Wed, 12 Jan 2022 12:35 UTC

On Wed, 12 Jan 2022 10:18:25 +0000
The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:

> If Starmer is smart he'll call Johnson a "bare faced liar" at PMQ's
> before retracting and apologising for his unparliamentary language.

"Can't the prime minister see why the British public think he is lying through his teeth".

Even better, leaving the Speaker to slap down knee-jerk tories who saw it as Starmer accusing BoJo un Clown of lying when he hadn't.

But I also have to give Johnson's spin machine credit for providing their "The garden is part of the office. I thought it was a work event. So, even though it was a party, even though I was there, I was doing no wrong" get out of jail free card.

As deceitful, duplicitous and mendacious as ever. But a brilliant play, allowing Johnson to join in the condemnation of what happened, while completely absolving himself.

I just wish they'd put as much effort into running this country as they do in getting themselves of off the hook.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Re: It's my party, I'll lie if I want to