Edited for television.

aus+uk / aus.legal / Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots the bill.

SubjectAuthor
* Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots the bill.James Last plays in Miami
+* Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots theJames Last plays in Miami
|`- Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots the bill.Dechucka
+* Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots the bill.Dechucka
|+- Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots the bill.Dechucka
|`- Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots theJames Last plays in Miami
+- Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots the bill.Phil Allison
`* Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots the bill.Trevor Wilson
 +- Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots the bill.Phil Allison
 `* Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots the bill.Sarah Tonen
  +* Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots the bill.*Ördög*
  |+* Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots theJames Last plays in Miami
  ||`* Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots the bill.*Ördög*
  || +- Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots theJames Last plays in Miami
  || +* Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots theJames Last plays in Miami
  || |`* Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots the bill.Fran
  || | `* Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots the bill.Daniel65
  || |  `* Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots the bill.Fran
  || |   `* Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots the bill.Daniel65
  || |    `- Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots the bill.Fran
  || `- Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots theJames Last plays in Miami
  |`- Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots the bill.Phil Allison
  `* Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots the bill.Fran
   `- Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots theJames Last plays in Miami

1
Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots the bill.

<ingkkqFcrqgU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2784&group=aus.legal#2784

From: no s...@no spam.com (James Last plays in Miami)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.legal,aus.politics,aus.legal,aus.politics
Subject: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots the bill.
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2021 10:39:50 +1000
 by: James Last plays in - Wed, 11 Aug 2021 00:39 UTC

If they worked anywhere else, they would have been shown the door
immediately. Maybe the ABC will show Milligan the door?

"A defamatory tweet posted by high-profile ABC reporter Louise Milligan
— which “irrevocably” damaged the reputation of federal Liberal MP
Andrew Laming — will cost the taxpayer more than $130,000 in damages
and legal costs.

The payout consists of $79,000 in court-ordered damages, and an
estimated $50,000 in Dr Laming’s legal fees.

The costs will be covered by the ABC, not Milligan.

Dr Laming launched defamation proceedings against Milligan in May after
he claimed she posted multiple tweets that “irrevocably damaged his
personal and professional reputation”.

Court documents reveal Milligan made a series of tweets on March 28
relating to Dr Laming after 29-year-old Crystal White accused the
Queensland politician of taking a photo of her while she was bent over
at a Brisbane landscaping business in 2019. The photo showed her
underwear beneath her shorts.

Dr Laming denied taking a photo under a woman’s skirt and claimed it
was a “completely dignified” picture of a woman in her workplace
“kneeling in an awkward position and filling a fridge with an
impossible amount of stock, which clearly wasn’t going to fit in the
fridge”.

<snip>

"On Wednesday the matter was resolved in Sydney’s Federal Court with
Justice Anna Katzmann ruling in Laming’s favour."

https://is.gd/XqsOCz

Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots the bill.

<ingksnFcrqgU5@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2787&group=aus.legal#2787

From: no s...@no spam.com (James Last plays in Miami)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.legal
Subject: Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots the
bill.
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2021 10:45:10 +1000
 by: James Last plays in - Wed, 11 Aug 2021 00:45 UTC

On Wed, 11 Aug 2021 10:39:50 +1000, James Last plays in Miami posted:-

> If they worked anywhere else, they would have been shown the door
> immediately. Maybe the ABC will show Milligan the door?

Dang, excuse duplicates.

Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots the bill.

<LYqdnWsfYPu9g478nZ2dnUU7-bednZ2d@westnet.com.au>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2789&group=aus.legal#2789

Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.legal,aus.politics,aus.legal,aus.politics
From: Dechuc...@hotmail.com (Dechucka)
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2021 10:47:26 +1000
 by: Dechucka - Wed, 11 Aug 2021 00:47 UTC

On 11/08/2021 10:39 am, James Last plays in Miami wrote:

> If they worked anywhere else, they would have been shown t

wasn't worth posting twice
snip

Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots the bill.

<LYqdnWofYPsYg478nZ2dnUU7-bednZ2d@westnet.com.au>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2790&group=aus.legal#2790

Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.legal
From: Dechuc...@hotmail.com (Dechucka)
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2021 10:49:07 +1000
 by: Dechucka - Wed, 11 Aug 2021 00:49 UTC

On 11/08/2021 10:47 am, Dechucka wrote:
> On 11/08/2021 10:39 am, James Last plays in Miami wrote:
>>
>> If they worked anywhere else, they would have been shown t
>
> wasn't worth posting twice
> snip
wasn't worth posting twice
snip

Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots the bill.

<LYqdnWUfYPtqg478nZ2dnUU7-bednZ2d@westnet.com.au>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2791&group=aus.legal#2791

Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.legal
From: Dechuc...@hotmail.com (Dechucka)
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2021 10:51:02 +1000
 by: Dechucka - Wed, 11 Aug 2021 00:51 UTC

On 11/08/2021 10:45 am, James Last plays in Miami wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Aug 2021 10:39:50 +1000, James Last plays in Miami posted:-
>
>> If they worked anywhere else, they would have been shown the door
>> immediately. Maybe the ABC will show Milligan the door?
>
> Dang, excuse duplicates.

You're like the Irish lover who wore 2 condoms
"to be sure , to be sure"

Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots the bill.

<ingm4uFcrqgU6@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2792&group=aus.legal#2792

From: no s...@no spam.com (James Last plays in Miami)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.legal
bill.
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2021 11:06:37 +1000
 by: James Last plays in - Wed, 11 Aug 2021 01:06 UTC

On Wed, 11 Aug 2021 10:47:26 +1000, Dechucka posted:-

> On 11/08/2021 10:39 am, James Last plays in Miami wrote:
> >
> > If they worked anywhere else, they would have been shown t
>
> wasn't worth posting twice
> snip

Agreed. My bad.

Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots the bill.

<55adb695-9b6d-4c36-a6ab-02cefd287e85n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2794&group=aus.legal#2794

Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2021 18:49:37 -0700 (PDT)
From: palliso...@gmail.com (Phil Allison)
 by: Phil Allison - Wed, 11 Aug 2021 01:49 UTC

spam@nospam.com James Last plays in Miami wrote:

> If they worked anywhere else, they would have been shown the door
> immediately. Maybe the ABC will show Milligan the door?

** No way, that would be soooo non politically correct - Milligan is one of the *anointed* ".

BTW: ABC staff have been advised to keep their wacky opinions out of social media.

" .... in order to preserve the appearance of being unbiased ".

Fuck all chance of that .

...... Phil

Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots the bill.

<inrnq5Fl9h5U5@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2815&group=aus.legal#2815

From: tre...@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.legal,aus.politics,aus.legal,aus.politics
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2021 15:42:29 +1000
 by: Trevor Wilson - Sun, 15 Aug 2021 05:42 UTC

On 11/08/2021 10:39 am, James Last plays in Miami wrote:

> If they worked anywhere else, they would have been shown the door
> immediately. Maybe the ABC will show Milligan the door?
>
> "A defamatory tweet posted by high-profile ABC reporter Louise Milligan
> — which “irrevocably” damaged the reputation of federal Liberal MP
> Andrew Laming — will cost the taxpayer more than $130,000 in damages
> and legal costs.
>
> The payout consists of $79,000 in court-ordered damages, and an
> estimated $50,000 in Dr Laming’s legal fees.
>
> The costs will be covered by the ABC, not Milligan.
>
> Dr Laming launched defamation proceedings against Milligan in May after
> he claimed she posted multiple tweets that “irrevocably damaged his
> personal and professional reputation”.
>
> Court documents reveal Milligan made a series of tweets on March 28
> relating to Dr Laming after 29-year-old Crystal White accused the
> Queensland politician of taking a photo of her while she was bent over
> at a Brisbane landscaping business in 2019. The photo showed her
> underwear beneath her shorts.
>
> Dr Laming denied taking a photo under a woman’s skirt and claimed it
> was a “completely dignified” picture of a woman in her workplace
> “kneeling in an awkward position and filling a fridge with an
> impossible amount of stock, which clearly wasn’t going to fit in the
> fridge”.
>
> <snip>
>
> "On Wednesday the matter was resolved in Sydney’s Federal Court with
> Justice Anna Katzmann ruling in Laming’s favour."
>
> https://is.gd/XqsOCz

**Laming was not defamed.

Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots the bill.

<f7a4608f-f100-4d95-9a8d-2076c6c285f1n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2816&group=aus.legal#2816

Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2021 23:51:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: palliso...@gmail.com (Phil Allison)
 by: Phil Allison - Sun, 15 Aug 2021 06:51 UTC

Trevor Wilson wrote:
================

> **Laming was not defamed.

** How so ??

The woman concerned made a formal complaint to the police.
Milligan said Laming had committed a criminal offence.

Looks pretty damn defamatory.

..... Phil

Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots the bill.

<21nlhgldi7cem5lvflvhpc6h7uusd52cao@j.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2817&group=aus.legal#2817

From: hoa...@moan.net (Sarah Tonen)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.legal,aus.politics,aus.legal,aus.politics
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 07:44:37 +1000
 by: Sarah Tonen - Mon, 16 Aug 2021 21:44 UTC

On Sun, 15 Aug 2021 15:42:29 +1000, Trevor Wilson
<trevor@rageaudio.com.au> wrote:

>On 11/08/2021 10:39 am, James Last plays in Miami wrote:
>>
>> If they worked anywhere else, they would have been shown the door
>> immediately. Maybe the ABC will show Milligan the door?
>>
>> "A defamatory tweet posted by high-profile ABC reporter Louise Milligan
>> — which “irrevocably” damaged the reputation of federal Liberal MP
>> Andrew Laming — will cost the taxpayer more than $130,000 in damages
>> and legal costs.
>>
>> The payout consists of $79,000 in court-ordered damages, and an
>> estimated $50,000 in Dr Laming’s legal fees.
>>
>> The costs will be covered by the ABC, not Milligan.
>>
>> Dr Laming launched defamation proceedings against Milligan in May after
>> he claimed she posted multiple tweets that “irrevocably damaged his
>> personal and professional reputation”.
>>
>> Court documents reveal Milligan made a series of tweets on March 28
>> relating to Dr Laming after 29-year-old Crystal White accused the
>> Queensland politician of taking a photo of her while she was bent over
>> at a Brisbane landscaping business in 2019. The photo showed her
>> underwear beneath her shorts.
>>
>> Dr Laming denied taking a photo under a woman’s skirt and claimed it
>> was a “completely dignified” picture of a woman in her workplace
>> “kneeling in an awkward position and filling a fridge with an
>> impossible amount of stock, which clearly wasn’t going to fit in the
>> fridge”.
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> "On Wednesday the matter was resolved in Sydney’s Federal Court with
>> Justice Anna Katzmann ruling in Laming’s favour."
>>
>> https://is.gd/XqsOCz
>>

>**Laming was not defamed.

You're so biased towards the left, your opinion is invalid.

Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots the bill.

<gyCSI.1897493$v0S3.246418@fx12.ams4>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2818&group=aus.legal#2818

From: dev...@your.service.org (*Ördög*)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.legal,aus.politics,aus.legal,aus.politics
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2021 23:30:20 GMT
 by: *Ördög* - Mon, 16 Aug 2021 23:30 UTC

It was written by Sarah Tonen:

> Trevor Wilson
>> James or whatever
>>>
>>> If they worked anywhere else, they would have been shown the door
>>> immediately. Maybe the ABC will show Milligan the door?
>>> "A defamatory tweet posted by high-profile ABC reporter Louise
>>> Milligan — which “irrevocably” damaged the reputation of federal
>>> Liberal MP Andrew Laming — will cost the taxpayer more than $130,000
>>> in damages and legal costs.
>>> The payout consists of $79,000 in court-ordered damages, and an
>>> estimated $50,000 in Dr Laming’s legal fees.
>>> The costs will be covered by the ABC, not Milligan.
>>> Dr Laming launched defamation proceedings against Milligan in May
>>> after he claimed she posted multiple tweets that “irrevocably damaged
>>> his personal and professional reputation”.
>>> Court documents reveal Milligan made a series of tweets on March 28
>>> relating to Dr Laming after 29-year-old Crystal White accused the
>>> Queensland politician of taking a photo of her while she was bent over
>>> at a Brisbane landscaping business in 2019. The photo showed her
>>> underwear beneath her shorts.
>>> Dr Laming denied taking a photo under a woman’s skirt and claimed it
>>> was a “completely dignified” picture of a woman in her workplace
>>> “kneeling in an awkward position and filling a fridge with an
>>> impossible amount of stock, which clearly wasn’t going to fit in the
>>> fridge”.
>>> <snip>
>>> "On Wednesday the matter was resolved in Sydney’s Federal Court with
>>> Justice Anna Katzmann ruling in Laming’s favour."
>>
>>**Laming was not defamed.

Of course he was not. That person is a long known creep.

> You're so biased towards the left, your opinion is invalid.

A very strange take on politics. So if someone is a leftist he/she is
immediately disqualified from uttering an opinion? Since when?
Hmmm. Viva la hard right dictatorship!

ABC is the least biased news media we have in OZ. It is embedded in their
charter. That of course does not mean that on some rare occasion they
don't stray in one or the other direction from the dead centre.
That is only to be expected.

--
Ördög ---- I the newsgroup Devil will show you the real Hell on Earth.
Capitalist neo-liberal/libertarian lies and alternate reality,

*Liberal Party of Australia* is thy name!

Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots the bill.

<sfesp7$fpe$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2819&group=aus.legal#2819

From: f2r...@loonynutters.com (Fran)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.legal,aus.politics
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 09:36:08 +1000
 by: Fran - Mon, 16 Aug 2021 23:36 UTC

On 17/08/2021 7:44 am, Sarah Tonen wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Aug 2021 15:42:29 +1000, Trevor Wilson
> <trevor@rageaudio.com.au> wrote:
>
>> On 11/08/2021 10:39 am, James Last plays in Miami wrote:
>>>
>>> If they worked anywhere else, they would have been shown the door
>>> immediately. Maybe the ABC will show Milligan the door?
>>>
>>> "A defamatory tweet posted by high-profile ABC reporter Louise Milligan
>>> — which “irrevocably” damaged the reputation of federal Liberal MP
>>> Andrew Laming — will cost the taxpayer more than $130,000 in damages
>>> and legal costs.
>>>
>>> The payout consists of $79,000 in court-ordered damages, and an
>>> estimated $50,000 in Dr Laming’s legal fees.
>>>
>>> The costs will be covered by the ABC, not Milligan.
>>>
>>> Dr Laming launched defamation proceedings against Milligan in May after
>>> he claimed she posted multiple tweets that “irrevocably damaged his
>>> personal and professional reputation”.
>>>
>>> Court documents reveal Milligan made a series of tweets on March 28
>>> relating to Dr Laming after 29-year-old Crystal White accused the
>>> Queensland politician of taking a photo of her while she was bent over
>>> at a Brisbane landscaping business in 2019. The photo showed her
>>> underwear beneath her shorts.
>>>
>>> Dr Laming denied taking a photo under a woman’s skirt and claimed it
>>> was a “completely dignified” picture of a woman in her workplace
>>> “kneeling in an awkward position and filling a fridge with an
>>> impossible amount of stock, which clearly wasn’t going to fit in the
>>> fridge”.
>>>
>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> "On Wednesday the matter was resolved in Sydney’s Federal Court with
>>> Justice Anna Katzmann ruling in Laming’s favour."
>>>
>>> https://is.gd/XqsOCz
>>>

>> **Laming was not defamed.
>
> You're so biased towards the left, your opinion is invalid.

He's right though and you are such a one-eyed rightard it's your opinion
that is invalid.

The ONLY reason why Laming got away with claiming to have been defamed
was that the police didn't charge him with the offence of upskirting.
Everyone (except idiot nym shifters like yourself) KNOWS he took the
pic. He even admitted it.

Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots the bill.

<io0e57FjjbkU7@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2820&group=aus.legal#2820

From: no s...@no spam.com (James Last plays in Miami)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.legal
bill.
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 10:26:23 +1000
 by: James Last plays in - Tue, 17 Aug 2021 00:26 UTC

On Tue, 17 Aug 2021 09:36:08 +1000, Fran posted:-

> On 17/08/2021 7:44 am, Sarah Tonen wrote:
> > On Sun, 15 Aug 2021 15:42:29 +1000, Trevor Wilson
> > <trevor@rageaudio.com.au> wrote:

> >> **Laming was not defamed.
> >
> > You're so biased towards the left, your opinion is invalid.
>
> He's right though and you are such a one-eyed rightard it's your
> opinion that is invalid.

Intolerant of you! Tsk Tsk,

> The ONLY reason why Laming got away with claiming to have been
> defamed was that the police didn't charge him with the offence of
> upskirting. Everyone (except idiot nym shifters like yourself) KNOWS
> he took the pic. He even admitted it.

The Police didn't charge him because he didn't commit a crime. End of
story, you need to accept that.

Here we go:-

"Milligan posted “Laming upskirts”, after 29-year-old Crystal White
accused the Queensland politician of taking a photo of her while she
was bent over at a Brisbane landscaping business in 2019. The photo
showed her underwear beneath her shorts.

Dr Laming denied taking a photo under the woman’s skirt and claimed it
was a “completely dignified” picture of a woman in her workplace
“kneeling in an awkward position and filling a fridge with an
impossible amount of stock, which clearly wasn’t going to fit in the
fridge”.

Queensland Police investigated the allegation, and cleared Dr Laming of
any wrongdoing."

Hope this helps you understand the truth?

Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots the bill.

<io0e58FjjbkU8@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2821&group=aus.legal#2821

From: no s...@no spam.com (James Last plays in Miami)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.legal
bill.
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 10:21:46 +1000
 by: James Last plays in - Tue, 17 Aug 2021 00:21 UTC

On Mon, 16 Aug 2021 23:30:20 GMT, *Ördög* posted:-

> A very strange take on politics. So if someone is a leftist he/she is
> immediately disqualified from uttering an opinion? Since when?
> Hmmm. Viva la hard right dictatorship!

No one is disqualified, except under a totalitarian Communist society,
where dissension can see you shot, jailed, tortured, banished, whatever.

The problem is that these people are using themselves as mouthpieces
for the ABC, and their foolishness is costing the taxpayer.

Good to see that the ABC has cracked down on this, and laid down the
same guidelines an employer elsewhere would have done. The ABC should
have done this yonks ago, of course.

>ABC is the least biased news media we have in OZ. It is embedded in
>their charter.

LOL How naive.

Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots the bill.

<9cca9e23-0c3e-4552-a85e-27e6f367fe79n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2822&group=aus.legal#2822

Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2021 18:00:43 -0700 (PDT)
From: palliso...@gmail.com (Phil Allison)
 by: Phil Allison - Tue, 17 Aug 2021 01:00 UTC

*Ördög* wrote:
-------------------------
> It was written by Sarah Tonen:
>
> > Trevor Wilson
> >>
> >>**Laming was not defamed.
>
> Of course he was not. That person is a long known creep.

** Total absurdity.
Most politicians are creeps.

Don't mean you can falsely accuse them of crimes any time you like.

> ABC is the least biased news media we have in OZ.

** ROTFLMAO

It is so bloody obviously the OPPOSITE !!

> It is embedded in their charter.

** Stop it - you are making my sides hurt !

....... Phil

Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots the bill.

<ZaESI.1898712$v0S3.785578@fx12.ams4>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2823&group=aus.legal#2823

From: dev...@your.service.org (*Ördög*)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.legal
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 01:22:01 GMT
 by: *Ördög* - Tue, 17 Aug 2021 01:22 UTC

Pretend James:

> Ördög
>> A very strange take on politics. So if someone is a leftist he/she is
>> immediately disqualified from uttering an opinion? Since when?
>> Hmmm. Viva la hard right dictatorship!
>
> No one is disqualified, except under a totalitarian Communist society,

Yet again a crazy assertion.
There is NO totalitarianism in a communist society.
Totalitarianism only occurs in countries where the state has supreme
power over all aspects of society. For instance in any fascist hard right
dictatorships, in state capitalist pretend socialist countries, in
personal cult dictatorships, etc...etc...etc...

Get your facts right and stop peddling easily debunkable crap.
Next!

> where dissension can see you shot, jailed, tortured, banished, whatever.

That is what usually happens in a dictatorship regardless of the flag
they brandish.

> The problem is that these people are using themselves as mouthpieces for
> the ABC, and their foolishness is costing the taxpayer.

Utter absurd bullshit. I gather the LNP voices in your head had have
completely taken over the rational thinking part of your brain, Johnny
boi!

> Good to see that the ABC has cracked down on this, and laid down the
> same guidelines an employer elsewhere would have done. The ABC should
> have done this yonks ago, of course.

The ABC always reflects the ruling government. That is given. Currently
your beloved LNP mob is ruling the roost suffocating the ABC in all
possible ways.

>> ABC is the least biased news media we have in OZ. It is embedded in
>> their charter.
>
> LOL How naive.

Not naive at all. Again just stating facts. Or do you suggest that
Murdoch, Sky News, Alan Jones and the likes are who represent impartial
media in OZ?

--
Ördög ---- I the newsgroup Devil will show you the real Hell on Earth.
Capitalist neo-liberal/libertarian lies and alternate reality,
Lack of compassion for the already downtrodden,
Sociopathic greed & envy,
Endemic nepotistic and plutocratic corruption,
Vicious hunger for power and "born to rule mentality",
Xtian fundamentalism
Never ending misogyny & homophobia
Undeniable Anglo-Celtic racism and supremacy,
Unbridled hate for the underclasses,
Unrelenting vengeance seeking against political opponents...

*Liberal Party of Australia* is thy name!

Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots the bill.

<io0i94Fkf4uU2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2824&group=aus.legal#2824

From: no s...@no spam.com (James Last plays in Miami)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.legal
bill.
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 11:23:19 +1000
 by: James Last plays in - Tue, 17 Aug 2021 01:23 UTC

On Tue, 17 Aug 2021 01:22:01 GMT, *Ördög* posted:-

> There is NO totalitarianism in a communist society.

LOL Nice troll!

Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots the bill.

<io0i95Fkf4uU3@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2825&group=aus.legal#2825

From: no s...@no spam.com (James Last plays in Miami)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.legal
bill.
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 11:25:54 +1000
 by: James Last plays in - Tue, 17 Aug 2021 01:25 UTC

On Tue, 17 Aug 2021 01:22:01 GMT, *Ördög* posted:-

> Or do you suggest that
> Murdoch, Sky News, Alan Jones and the likes are who represent
> impartial media in OZ?

Not at all.

The only true straight down the line news IMO is the Financial Review,
who equally get stuck into the Government, and Government
politicians, and Government rorts, as well as the Opposition.

You should try reading it sometime.

Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots the bill.

<io0i97Fkf4uU6@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2826&group=aus.legal#2826

From: no s...@no spam.com (James Last plays in Miami)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.legal
bill.
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 11:26:12 +1000
 by: James Last plays in - Tue, 17 Aug 2021 01:26 UTC

On Tue, 17 Aug 2021 01:22:01 GMT, *Ördög* posted:-

> Johnny
> boi!

???

Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots the bill.

<sffd9u$4p7$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2827&group=aus.legal#2827

From: f2r...@loonynutters.com (Fran)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.legal
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 14:18:07 +1000
 by: Fran - Tue, 17 Aug 2021 04:18 UTC

On 17/08/2021 11:25 am, James Last plays in Miami wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Aug 2021 01:22:01 GMT, *Ördög* posted:-
>
>> Or do you suggest that
>> Murdoch, Sky News, Alan Jones and the likes are who represent
>> impartial media in OZ?
>
> Not at all.
>
> The only true straight down the line news IMO is the Financial Review,

The AFR is better than most but that isn't saying a lot.

Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots the bill.

<sgqah8$v9d$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3014&group=aus.legal#3014

From: danie...@eternal-september.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.legal
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2021 20:54:33 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 10:54 UTC

Fran wrote on 17/8/21 2:18 pm:
> On 17/08/2021 11:25 am, James Last plays in Miami wrote:
>> On Tue, 17 Aug 2021 01:22:01 GMT, *Ördög* posted:-
>>
>>> Or do you suggest that
>>> Murdoch, Sky News, Alan Jones and the likes are who represent
>>> impartial media in OZ?
>>
>> Not at all.
>>
>> The only true straight down the line news IMO is the Financial Review,
>
> The AFR is better than most but that isn't saying a lot.

It intrigues my that The Australian *Financial* Review has such a good
*general* news rating!! ;-)
--
Daniel

Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots the bill.

<sgqb7i$5j3$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3015&group=aus.legal#3015

From: f2r...@loonynutters.com (Fran)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.legal
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2021 21:06:26 +1000
 by: Fran - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 11:06 UTC

On 2/09/2021 8:54 pm, Daniel65 wrote:
> Fran wrote on 17/8/21 2:18 pm:
>> On 17/08/2021 11:25 am, James Last plays in Miami wrote:
>>> On Tue, 17 Aug 2021 01:22:01 GMT, *Ördög* posted:-

>>> Not at all.
>>>
>>> The only true straight down the line news IMO is the Financial Review,
>>
>> The AFR is better than most but that isn't saying a lot.
>
> It intrigues my that The Australian *Financial* Review has such a good
> *general* news rating!! ;-)

Yep. But it also has that Rowan Dean bloke and he's a peanut.

Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots the bill.

<sgsui9$3ko$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3024&group=aus.legal#3024

From: danie...@eternal-september.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.legal
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 20:48:43 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 10:48 UTC

Fran wrote on 2/9/21 9:06 pm:
> On 2/09/2021 8:54 pm, Daniel65 wrote:
>> Fran wrote on 17/8/21 2:18 pm:

>>> The AFR is better than most but that isn't saying a lot.
>>
>> It intrigues my that The Australian *Financial* Review has such a good
>> *general* news rating!! ;-)
>

> Yep. But it also has that Rowan Dean bloke and he's a peanut.

Never heard of him! ;-(
--
Daniel

Re: Work for the ABC, defame anyone, and the taxpayer foots the bill.

<sgumod$fl$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3029&group=aus.legal#3029

From: f2r...@loonynutters.com (Fran)
Newsgroups: aus.politics,aus.legal
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2021 12:47:42 +1000
 by: Fran - Sat, 4 Sep 2021 02:47 UTC

On 3/09/2021 8:48 pm, Daniel65 wrote:
> Fran wrote on 2/9/21 9:06 pm:

>>> It intrigues my that The Australian *Financial* Review has such a
>>> good *general* news rating!! ;-)
>>

>> Yep. But it also has that Rowan Dean bloke and he's a peanut.
>
> Never heard of him! ;-(

'm sure you would have and would recognise a pic of him but the name
just doesn't ring a bell.