"An ounce of prevention is worth a ton of code." -- an anonymous programmer

aus+uk / uk.comp.sys.mac / Re: Pasteboard type utility?

SubjectAuthor
* Pasteboard type utility?Jaimie Vandenbergh
+* Re: Pasteboard type utility?Mark
|`* Re: Pasteboard type utility?Jaimie Vandenbergh
| +* Re: Pasteboard type utility?TimH
| |`- Re: Pasteboard type utility?David Brooks
| +* Re: Pasteboard type utility?Elliott Roper
| |`* Re: Pasteboard type utility?Jaimie Vandenbergh
| | `- Re: Pasteboard type utility?Elliott Roper
| +* Re: Pasteboard type utility?eastender
| |`* Re: Pasteboard type utility?Jaimie Vandenbergh
| | `- Re: Pasteboard type utility?Mark
| +- Re: Pasteboard type utility?Calum
| `- Re: Pasteboard type utility?Snit
+* Re: Pasteboard type utility?Michael Phillips
|`- Re: Pasteboard type utility?Jaimie Vandenbergh
`* Re: Pasteboard type utility?Another John
 +- Re: Pasteboard type utility?Graeme Wall
 `- Re: Pasteboard type utility?Jaimie Vandenbergh

1
Pasteboard type utility?

<if2h4oFosphU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=283&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#283

From: jai...@usually.sessile.org (Jaimie Vandenbergh)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: Pasteboard type utility?
Date: 30 Apr 2021 14:05:12 GMT
 by: Jaimie Vandenbergh - Fri, 30 Apr 2021 14:05 UTC

I've never felt the need for one before, but some admin tasks I'm doing
would like a small palette of phrases to paste. Unfortunately the app
involved (Discord) doesn't take macOS default text expansion, but
honestly I'd rather pick from a list than use expanders anyway.

There seem to be loads of clipboard-manager type tools, but I don't
really want multiple copy (not least because my password manager will
use it sometimes and I don't want those appearing in my clipboard), just
pastes.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
No creature without tentacles had ever developed true intelligence.
- Robert Sheckley, "Hunting Problem"

Re: Pasteboard type utility?

<s6h4hn$2e8$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=284&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#284

From: captain....@gmail.com (Mark)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: Re: Pasteboard type utility?
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 14:34:31 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Mark - Fri, 30 Apr 2021 14:34 UTC

Jaimie Vandenbergh <jaimie@usually.sessile.org> wrote:
> I've never felt the need for one before, but some admin tasks I'm doing
> would like a small palette of phrases to paste. Unfortunately the app
> involved (Discord) doesn't take macOS default text expansion, but
> honestly I'd rather pick from a list than use expanders anyway.
>
> There seem to be loads of clipboard-manager type tools, but I don't
> really want multiple copy (not least because my password manager will
> use it sometimes and I don't want those appearing in my clipboard), just
> pastes.
>
> Cheers - Jaimie

Not sure if it’s exactly what you want, but I use CloudClip
<https://thinkbitz.com/cloudclip/> You can exclude 1Password (but only that
password manager, I think)

--
Cheers ... Mark

Re: Pasteboard type utility?

<if32h3Fs7i5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=289&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#289

From: jai...@usually.sessile.org (Jaimie Vandenbergh)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: 30 Apr 2021 19:01:55 GMT
 by: Jaimie Vandenbergh - Fri, 30 Apr 2021 19:01 UTC

On 30 Apr 2021 at 15:34:31 BST, "Mark" <captain.black@gmail.com >
wrote:

> Jaimie Vandenbergh <jaimie@usually.sessile.org> wrote:
>> I've never felt the need for one before, but some admin tasks I'm doing
>> would like a small palette of phrases to paste. Unfortunately the app
>> involved (Discord) doesn't take macOS default text expansion, but
>> honestly I'd rather pick from a list than use expanders anyway.
>>
>> There seem to be loads of clipboard-manager type tools, but I don't
>> really want multiple copy (not least because my password manager will
>> use it sometimes and I don't want those appearing in my clipboard), just
>> pastes.
>>
>> Cheers - Jaimie
>
> Not sure if it’s exactly what you want, but I use CloudClip
> <https://thinkbitz.com/cloudclip/> You can exclude 1Password (but only that
> password manager, I think)

Unfortunately it's not really, what I'm finding myself doing is posting
a few FAQs into a chat client fairly often so a library feature rather
than a history feature is what I'm looking for.

Tangentially: I wonder how it avoids 1password specifically... perhaps
copied items hold source metadata too. Hmm.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
When one door closes another door opens; but we so often
look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that

Re: Pasteboard type utility?

<if35b0Fsoq1U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=292&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#292

From: thn...@poboxmolar.com.invalid (TimH)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: 30 Apr 2021 19:49:52 GMT
 by: TimH - Fri, 30 Apr 2021 19:49 UTC

On 30 Apr 2021 at 8:01:55 pm BST, "Jaimie Vandenbergh"
<jaimie@usually.sessile.org> wrote:

> On 30 Apr 2021 at 15:34:31 BST, "Mark" <captain.black@gmail.com >
> wrote:
>
>> Jaimie Vandenbergh <jaimie@usually.sessile.org> wrote:
>>> I've never felt the need for one before, but some admin tasks I'm doing
>>> would like a small palette of phrases to paste. Unfortunately the app
>>> involved (Discord) doesn't take macOS default text expansion, but
>>> honestly I'd rather pick from a list than use expanders anyway.
>>>
>>> There seem to be loads of clipboard-manager type tools, but I don't
>>> really want multiple copy (not least because my password manager will
>>> use it sometimes and I don't want those appearing in my clipboard), just
>>> pastes.
>>>
>>> Cheers - Jaimie
>>
>> Not sure if it’s exactly what you want, but I use CloudClip
>> <https://thinkbitz.com/cloudclip/> You can exclude 1Password (but only that
>> password manager, I think)
>
> Unfortunately it's not really, what I'm finding myself doing is posting
> a few FAQs into a chat client fairly often so a library feature rather
> than a history feature is what I'm looking for.
>
> Tangentially: I wonder how it avoids 1password specifically... perhaps
> copied items hold source metadata too. Hmm.

TypeIt4Me any good? I've been using it (in an extremely basic way) since -
blimey - 2003, it would appear.

https://ettoresoftware.store/mac-apps/typeit4me/features/

--
TimH
pull tooth to reply by email

Re: Pasteboard type utility?

<bkZiI.20351$zx1.11583@fx20.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=293&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#293

Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
From: Dav...@nomail.afraid.org (David Brooks)
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 20:59:03 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Fri, 30 Apr 2021 19:59 UTC

On 30/04/2021 20:49, TimH wrote:
> On 30 Apr 2021 at 8:01:55 pm BST, "Jaimie Vandenbergh"
> <jaimie@usually.sessile.org> wrote:
>
>> On 30 Apr 2021 at 15:34:31 BST, "Mark" <captain.black@gmail.com >
>> wrote:

>>> Not sure if it’s exactly what you want, but I use CloudClip
>>> <https://thinkbitz.com/cloudclip/> You can exclude 1Password (but only that
>>> password manager, I think)
>>
>> Unfortunately it's not really, what I'm finding myself doing is posting
>> a few FAQs into a chat client fairly often so a library feature rather
>> than a history feature is what I'm looking for.
>>
>> Tangentially: I wonder how it avoids 1password specifically... perhaps
>> copied items hold source metadata too. Hmm.
>
> TypeIt4Me any good? I've been using it (in an extremely basic way) since -
> blimey - 2003, it would appear.
>
> https://ettoresoftware.store/mac-apps/typeit4me/features/

It's in the Apple App store for £19.99 and has a (top) rating of 5.0

I wouldn't download it from anywhere else! ;-)

Re: Pasteboard type utility?

<t8_iI.240601$Qjyf.151848@fx14.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=295&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#295

From: nos...@yrl.co.uk (Elliott Roper)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 20:54:49 GMT
 by: Elliott Roper - Fri, 30 Apr 2021 20:54 UTC

On 30 Apr 2021 at 20:01:55 BST, "Jaimie Vandenbergh"
<jaimie@usually.sessile.org> wrote:

> Unfortunately it's not really, what I'm finding myself doing is posting
> a few FAQs into a chat client fairly often so a library feature rather
> than a history feature is what I'm looking for.

Are you a techie or not?
What's wrong with an Emacs buffer with each phrase as a paragraph preceded by
a small but memorable string e.g. WTF? Beef it with a named keyboard macro e.g
DS (Discord Snippet) to load the rest of the para into the Mac clipboard.

Type cmd-TAB M-x D S RET WTF RET cmd-TAB cmd-V that's 11 keystrokes to be out
of Discord and back into it with the phrase in place (once you are bouncing
between Discord and Emacs).

You never touch the mouse. The list is a natural to maintain inside Emacs of
course. The macro would take about 10 minutes to write, test and store if you
have ever done one before, otherwise invest another 20 minutes with your head
buried in the Emacs manual. I think I could shorten the typing to 8 keystrokes
with a bit of effort.

Go On! Practice with your sigmonster!

I recommend Aquamacs if you are not already an Emacs user. It is true Emacs
with lots of Mac-like keybindings to make it more useful more quickly.
--
To de-mung my e-mail address:- fsnospam$elliott$$
PGP Fingerprint: 1A96 3CF7 637F 896B C810 E199 7E5C A9E4 8E59 E248

Re: Pasteboard type utility?

<if3hd8FfbiU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=301&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#301

From: jai...@usually.sessile.org (Jaimie Vandenbergh)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: 30 Apr 2021 23:15:52 GMT
 by: Jaimie Vandenbergh - Fri, 30 Apr 2021 23:15 UTC

On 30 Apr 2021 at 21:54:49 BST, "Elliott Roper" <nospam@yrl.co.uk>
wrote:

> On 30 Apr 2021 at 20:01:55 BST, "Jaimie Vandenbergh"
> <jaimie@usually.sessile.org> wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately it's not really, what I'm finding myself doing is posting
>> a few FAQs into a chat client fairly often so a library feature rather
>> than a history feature is what I'm looking for.
>
> Are you a techie or not?
> What's wrong with an Emacs buffer

Discord, along with 99.999% of programs written since the turn of the
millennium, does not support "edit in external editor".

Also no, I'm not going to reprogram my brain to work with emacs at this
late stage. You have to be modified at University age or before for that
to work.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
I hope I live long enough
to vindicate my pessimism

Re: Pasteboard type utility?

<gWEHnljpKLjtFIYBqNUbNPZKizsesmDg@news.usenet.farm>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=308&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#308

From: me...@odtaa.com.invalid (Michael Phillips)
Date: Sat, 01 May 21 07:24:00 UTC
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
 by: Michael Phillips - Sat, 1 May 2021 07:24 UTC

On 30 Apr 2021 at 15:05:12 IST, "Jaimie Vandenbergh"
<jaimie@usually.sessile.org> wrote:

> I've never felt the need for one before, but some admin tasks I'm doing
> would like a small palette of phrases to paste.

I use the "Snippets" feature of Launchbar. With a function key assigned, a
single keystroke displays a list of all phrases and a double-click or Enter
pastes it without using Clipboard.
1Password, Keychain and any application you select can be excluded from
Launchbar's clipboard manager.

--
mhphillips at gmail dot com

Re: Pasteboard type utility?

<%G9jI.267729$laG.28222@fx16.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=325&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#325

From: nos...@yrl.co.uk (Elliott Roper)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Sat, 01 May 2021 10:02:35 GMT
 by: Elliott Roper - Sat, 1 May 2021 10:02 UTC

On 1 May 2021 at 00:15:52 BST, "Jaimie Vandenbergh"
<jaimie@usually.sessile.org> wrote:

> On 30 Apr 2021 at 21:54:49 BST, "Elliott Roper" <nospam@yrl.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> On 30 Apr 2021 at 20:01:55 BST, "Jaimie Vandenbergh"
>> <jaimie@usually.sessile.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Unfortunately it's not really, what I'm finding myself doing is posting
>>> a few FAQs into a chat client fairly often so a library feature rather
>>> than a history feature is what I'm looking for.
>>
>> Are you a techie or not?
>> What's wrong with an Emacs buffer
>
> Discord, along with 99.999% of programs written since the turn of the
> millennium, does not support "edit in external editor".
>
> Also no, I'm not going to reprogram my brain to work with emacs at this
> late stage. You have to be modified at University age or before for that
> to work.
>
> Cheers - Jaimie

Two points, neither very serious.
You don't need no steenking external editor support. Standard Mac short cut
cmd-tab bounces between the two most recently used applications. Therefore you
should be able to do something similar with any text editor.

I used teco on every DEC OS there ever was for thirty something years till I
retired and my last Alpha left home for Siding Springs to be cannibalised for
spares. I started on Emacs ten years or so ago after I turned 70 and was a bit
unimpressed with BBEdit and its friends. It beats the livin' B'jasus out of
the horrid horrid IDE's that hitchhike like lice on the back each and every
language/ authoring thing. I'm getting the hang of it by now.

I use Emacs as the basis for nearly everything. Python code, elisp, LaTeX
authoring, web pages, real correspondence, e-mail, fettling my music - is
there any better tool for UTF-8? e.g. how else do you say "Antonín Dvořák
Czech Philharmonic; Jiří Bělohlávek"? and of course, writing sarky replies
for u.c.s.m.

<grin>
--
To de-mung my e-mail address:- fsnospam$elliott$$
PGP Fingerprint: 1A96 3CF7 637F 896B C810 E199 7E5C A9E4 8E59 E248

Re: Pasteboard type utility?

<if4tmvF8i34U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=326&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#326

From: jai...@usually.sessile.org (Jaimie Vandenbergh)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: 1 May 2021 11:51:59 GMT
 by: Jaimie Vandenbergh - Sat, 1 May 2021 11:51 UTC

On 1 May 2021 at 08:24:00 BST, "Michael Phillips" <me@odtaa.com.invalid>
wrote:

> On 30 Apr 2021 at 15:05:12 IST, "Jaimie Vandenbergh"
> <jaimie@usually.sessile.org> wrote:
>
>> I've never felt the need for one before, but some admin tasks I'm doing
>> would like a small palette of phrases to paste.
>
> I use the "Snippets" feature of Launchbar. With a function key assigned, a
> single keystroke displays a list of all phrases and a double-click or Enter
> pastes it without using Clipboard.
> 1Password, Keychain and any application you select can be excluded from
> Launchbar's clipboard manager.

Ta! I'll have a look at that too.

I'm honestly surprised that none of my existing tools will do it. I've
used the macOS built in text expander for this sort of thing before, but
bloody Discord of course uses its own text parser.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
Sent from my Sinclair ZX-81

Re: Pasteboard type utility?

<lalaw44-5595C7.14453301052021@201-92-171-81.dsl.telesp.net.br>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=333&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#333

From: lala...@hotmail.com (Another John)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Sat, 01 May 2021 14:45:33 +0100
 by: Another John - Sat, 1 May 2021 13:45 UTC

In article <if2h4oFosphU1@mid.individual.net>,
Jaimie Vandenbergh <jaimie@usually.sessile.org> wrote:

> I've never felt the need for one before, but some admin tasks I'm doing
> would like a small palette of phrases to paste. Unfortunately the app
> involved (Discord) doesn't take macOS default text expansion, but
> honestly I'd rather pick from a list than use expanders anyway.
>
> There seem to be loads of clipboard-manager type tools, but I don't
> really want multiple copy (not least because my password manager will
> use it sometimes and I don't want those appearing in my clipboard), just
> pastes.
>
> Cheers - Jaimie

Low-tech solution: use the drag'n'drop clipping technique.[1]

I am currently editing a web-based museum catalogue, and the entries
have a very regular need for (a) two different URLs (b) two different
single sentences (which describe those URLs) and (c) the html codes
&#8220 and &#8221 (open and close double quotes). So I keep the
drag'n'drop 'postits' on the desktop, and drag them into the web page
when I need them.

(Hope that wasn't too garbled!)

John

[1] Select any-size portion of text (or indeed a picture), and drag it
where you want (in my case: the desktop).

Re: Pasteboard type utility?

<2021050115105718929-nospam@nospamcom>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=334&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#334

From: nos...@nospam.com (eastender)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Sat, 1 May 2021 15:10:57 +0100
 by: eastender - Sat, 1 May 2021 14:10 UTC

On 2021-04-30 19:01:55 +0000, Jaimie Vandenbergh said:

> Unfortunately it's not really, what I'm finding myself doing is posting
> a few FAQs into a chat client fairly often so a library feature rather
> than a history feature is what I'm looking for.

I use Stickies to do this.

Maybe that's too basic but does for me when I want to paste
instructions and other stuff into a forum I'm active in plus keep other
things handy.

You can minimise the window and choose colours.

Re: Pasteboard type utility?

<s6jr6e$4l4$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=336&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#336

From: rai...@greywall.demon.co.uk (Graeme Wall)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Sat, 1 May 2021 16:13:18 +0100
 by: Graeme Wall - Sat, 1 May 2021 15:13 UTC

On 01/05/2021 14:45, Another John wrote:
> In article <if2h4oFosphU1@mid.individual.net>,
> Jaimie Vandenbergh <jaimie@usually.sessile.org> wrote:
>
>> I've never felt the need for one before, but some admin tasks I'm doing
>> would like a small palette of phrases to paste. Unfortunately the app
>> involved (Discord) doesn't take macOS default text expansion, but
>> honestly I'd rather pick from a list than use expanders anyway.
>>
>> There seem to be loads of clipboard-manager type tools, but I don't
>> really want multiple copy (not least because my password manager will
>> use it sometimes and I don't want those appearing in my clipboard), just
>> pastes.
>>
>> Cheers - Jaimie
>
> Low-tech solution: use the drag'n'drop clipping technique.[1]
>
> I am currently editing a web-based museum catalogue, and the entries
> have a very regular need for (a) two different URLs (b) two different
> single sentences (which describe those URLs) and (c) the html codes
> &#8220 and &#8221 (open and close double quotes). So I keep the
> drag'n'drop 'postits' on the desktop, and drag them into the web page
> when I need them.
>
> (Hope that wasn't too garbled!)
>
> John
>
> [1] Select any-size portion of text (or indeed a picture), and drag it
> where you want (in my case: the desktop).

Handy, hadn't thought of that.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Re: Pasteboard type utility?

<s6k9e6$1ju3$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=345&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#345

From: com.gm...@nospam.scottishwildcat (Calum)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Sat, 1 May 2021 20:16:24 +0100
 by: Calum - Sat, 1 May 2021 19:16 UTC

On 30/04/2021 20:01, Jaimie Vandenbergh wrote:

> Tangentially: I wonder how it avoids 1password specifically... perhaps
> copied items hold source metadata too. Hmm.

The one I use, Pastebot, does this too. The explanation in its blacklist
preferences dialog is that "apps that mark sentient data as transient
are already ignored".

Re: Pasteboard type utility?

<if5rijFe8tlU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=346&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#346

From: jai...@usually.sessile.org (Jaimie Vandenbergh)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: 1 May 2021 20:21:39 GMT
 by: Jaimie Vandenbergh - Sat, 1 May 2021 20:21 UTC

On 1 May 2021 at 15:10:57 BST, "eastender" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

> On 2021-04-30 19:01:55 +0000, Jaimie Vandenbergh said:
>
>> Unfortunately it's not really, what I'm finding myself doing is posting
>> a few FAQs into a chat client fairly often so a library feature rather
>> than a history feature is what I'm looking for.
>
> I use Stickies to do this.

That's so simple it might just work.

I used to use Stickies in Dashboard :( Miss that.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo
- H G Wells

Re: Pasteboard type utility?

<if5rkoFe98nU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=347&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#347

From: jai...@usually.sessile.org (Jaimie Vandenbergh)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: 1 May 2021 20:22:48 GMT
 by: Jaimie Vandenbergh - Sat, 1 May 2021 20:22 UTC

On 1 May 2021 at 14:45:33 BST, "Another John" <lalaw44@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> In article <if2h4oFosphU1@mid.individual.net>,
> Jaimie Vandenbergh <jaimie@usually.sessile.org> wrote:
>
>> I've never felt the need for one before, but some admin tasks I'm doing
>> would like a small palette of phrases to paste. Unfortunately the app
>> involved (Discord) doesn't take macOS default text expansion, but
>> honestly I'd rather pick from a list than use expanders anyway.
>>
>> There seem to be loads of clipboard-manager type tools, but I don't
>> really want multiple copy (not least because my password manager will
>> use it sometimes and I don't want those appearing in my clipboard), just
>> pastes.
>>
>> Cheers - Jaimie
>
> Low-tech solution: use the drag'n'drop clipping technique.[1]

That's good too. Hm!

Cheers - Jaimie
--
Reality is what doesn't go away when you stop believing in it
-- Philip K Dick

Re: Pasteboard type utility?

<s6kp1k$1mk1$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=349&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#349

From: captain....@gmail.com (Mark)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Sat, 1 May 2021 23:42:44 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Mark - Sat, 1 May 2021 23:42 UTC

Jaimie Vandenbergh <jaimie@usually.sessile.org> wrote:
> On 1 May 2021 at 15:10:57 BST, "eastender" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2021-04-30 19:01:55 +0000, Jaimie Vandenbergh said:
>>
>>> Unfortunately it's not really, what I'm finding myself doing is posting
>>> a few FAQs into a chat client fairly often so a library feature rather
>>> than a history feature is what I'm looking for.
>>
>> I use Stickies to do this.
>
> That's so simple it might just work.
>
> I used to use Stickies in Dashboard :( Miss that.
>
> Cheers - Jaimie

That would work as a select/copy/paste workflow. I just reminded myself of
their existence a couple of days ago after not using them for a few years!
I also use QuickDraft which is a menu bar notepad widget (syncs to all
devices).

--
Cheers ... Mark

Re: Pasteboard type utility?

<MfnjI.165551$N_4.49258@fx36.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=350&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#350

Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
From: Brock.Mc...@gmail.com (Snit)
Date: Sun, 02 May 2021 01:29:16 GMT
 by: Snit - Sun, 2 May 2021 01:29 UTC

Jaimie Vandenbergh <jaimie@usually.sessile.org> wrote:
> On 30 Apr 2021 at 15:34:31 BST, "Mark" <captain.black@gmail.com >
> wrote:
>
>> Jaimie Vandenbergh <jaimie@usually.sessile.org> wrote:
>>> I've never felt the need for one before, but some admin tasks I'm doing
>>> would like a small palette of phrases to paste. Unfortunately the app
>>> involved (Discord) doesn't take macOS default text expansion, but
>>> honestly I'd rather pick from a list than use expanders anyway.
>>>
>>> There seem to be loads of clipboard-manager type tools, but I don't
>>> really want multiple copy (not least because my password manager will
>>> use it sometimes and I don't want those appearing in my clipboard), just
>>> pastes.
>>>
>>> Cheers - Jaimie
>>
>> Not sure if it’s exactly what you want, but I use CloudClip
>> <https://thinkbitz.com/cloudclip/> You can exclude 1Password (but only that
>> password manager, I think)
>
> Unfortunately it's not really, what I'm finding myself doing is posting
> a few FAQs into a chat client fairly often so a library feature rather
> than a history feature is what I'm looking for.
>
> Tangentially: I wonder how it avoids 1password specifically... perhaps
> copied items hold source metadata too. Hmm.
>
> Cheers - Jaimie

This has both.

https://copyless.net

somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

aus+uk / uk.comp.sys.mac / Re: Pasteboard type utility?