From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Last chance to see
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 20:42:35 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 20:42 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59983659

<quotes>

Almost one in three councils in England say they are having to ration care for older and disabled people, as staff sickness soars because of Omicron.

Directors who run council care services say at least 49 local authorities are having to take "drastic measures".

"We warned before Christmas that we were heading into a national emergency for social care. The sobering reality of that is now becoming starkly clear." says Adass president Stephen Chandler.

</quotes>

This country is falling to pieces. Javid's plan is to let care staff go back to work when infected.

There's a very real risk he will provoke another care home genocide as well as the same in hospital wards.

If Johnson hadn't lied about fixing social care we might not have so many hospitals reporting bed-blocking having as much as impact as surging cases and staff shortages. God alone knows when we will ever clear the backlog of 6 million waiting for NHS treatment.

This is what "living with covid" means in practice. It would be nice if "Plan B" was more than "do nothing and see how many people die".

Re: Last chance to see

<jU1EJ.130323$WScc.98047@fx01.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3024&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#3024

Subject: Re: Last chance to see
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
From: ngspamme...@yahoo.co.uk (TWP)
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 22:41:19 +0000
 by: TWP - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 22:41 UTC

On 13/01/2022 20:42, The Happy Hippy wrote:
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59983659
>
> <quotes>
>
> Almost one in three councils in England say they are having to ration care for older and disabled people, as staff sickness soars because of Omicron.
>
> Directors who run council care services say at least 49 local authorities are having to take "drastic measures".
>
> "We warned before Christmas that we were heading into a national emergency for social care. The sobering reality of that is now becoming starkly clear." says Adass president Stephen Chandler.
>
> </quotes>
>
> This country is falling to pieces. Javid's plan is to let care staff go back to work when infected.
>
> There's a very real risk he will provoke another care home genocide as well as the same in hospital wards.
>
> If Johnson hadn't lied about fixing social care we might not have so many hospitals reporting bed-blocking having as much as impact as surging cases and staff shortages. God alone knows when we will ever clear the backlog of 6 million waiting for NHS treatment.
>
> This is what "living with covid" means in practice. It would be nice if "Plan B" was more than "do nothing and see how many people die".

Temporary extra cover might have been an idea but maybe that wasn't
doable. It would be pretty much impossible have enough extra people to
see you through an epidemic.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Last chance to see