A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere. -- Groucho Marx

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Pedal protest? Bizarre moment a cyclist groans and 'falls' onto the back of a minicab after it stopped in a London bike lane

SubjectAuthor
* Pedal protest? Bizarre moment a cyclist groans and 'falls' onto theswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Pedal protest? Bizarre moment a fairy-cyclist groans and 'falls'JNugent
+* Re: Pedal protest? Bizarre moment a cyclist groans and 'falls' onto the back of Mr Pounder Esquire
|+- Re: Pedal protest? Bizarre moment a cyclist groans and 'falls' ontoswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Pedal protest? Bizarre moment a cyclist groans and 'falls' ontoPeter Keller
`- Re: Pedal protest? Bizarre moment a cyclist groans and 'falls' ontoTMS320

1
Pedal protest? Bizarre moment a cyclist groans and 'falls' onto the back of a minicab after it stopped in a London bike lane

<42f871ca-9c99-4ced-929a-2eb8551ef5afn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3030&group=uk.rec.cycling#3030

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 06:15:29 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Pedal protest? Bizarre moment a cyclist groans and 'falls' onto the
back of a minicab after it stopped in a London bike lane
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 14 Sep 2021 13:15 UTC

A minicab driver was left outraged when a cyclist rode up behind his stationary car and 'fell' onto the back of it, before repeatedly smacking the boot and riding off.

Saqib, a private hire driver, said he was picking up a customer on Upper Richmond Road in Putney, London, at 4.43pm on September 4 when the incident happened.

Rear dashcam footage shows his minicab sitting at a standstill on the A-road, as he waits for vehicles behind him to let him pull out.
Saqib, a private hire driver, said he was picking up a customer on Upper Richmond Road in London at 4.43pm on September 4 when a cyclist (pictured) 'fell' on his stationary minicab

Saqib, a private hire driver, said he was picking up a customer on Upper Richmond Road in London at 4.43pm on September 4 when a cyclist (pictured) 'fell' on his stationary minicab

Four cyclists approach, with three of them veering around the stationary car, which is parked across the cycle lane.

But the fourth cyclist, a man wearing a grey hoodie and shorts, cycles straight at Saqib's car. He groans loudly before putting his foot down to stop and then tips forward as he hits the boot of the car with his hand.

Saqib, fearing the cyclist was attempting to fake a crash, angrily says: 'F**king p***k. I've got a camera. I've got a camera you p***k.'

The cyclist gestures at the minicab before he smacks the vehicle again and quickly pedals on.

It is possible the cyclist was protesting because the minicab had parked in a cycle lane, forcing bikes to swerve around him. A red line can also be seen at the side of the road.

Rear dashcam footage shows the male cyclist drive straight at Saqib's car and put his foot down before coming to a stop and hitting the back of the car with his hand
It is possible the cyclist was protesting because the driver had parked in a cycle lane, forcing bikes to swerve around him

The rules say that parking on a single red line is prohibited at certain times of day, usually between 7am to 7pm, meaning people cannot park, stop to load or unload or ****wait to drop off or pick up passengers during these times.****

But minicabs can be offered red route exemption stickers, meaning they can pick up and drop off passengers on most red routes as long as they display their PHV licence.

Describing the incident, Saqib said: 'I was picking up passenger as I am private hire drive on Upper Richmond Road in London SW15 5RQ.

'I had a customer in the back seat. I was waiting for upcoming traffic to give me the way to go.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9988783/Cyclist-groans-falls-minicab-stopped-London-bike-lane.html

Re: Pedal protest? Bizarre moment a fairy-cyclist groans and 'falls' onto the back of a minicab [sic] after it stopped in a London bike lane

<iqbmloF5sgbU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3034&group=uk.rec.cycling#3034

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Pedal protest? Bizarre moment a fairy-cyclist groans and 'falls'
onto the back of a minicab [sic] after it stopped in a London bike lane
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 14:33:43 +0100
 by: JNugent - Tue, 14 Sep 2021 13:33 UTC

> A minicab [sic] driver was left outraged when a fairy-cyclist rode up behind his stationary car and 'fell' onto the back of it, before repeatedly smacking the boot and riding off.
>
> Saqib, a private hire driver, said he was picking up a customer on Upper Richmond Road in Putney, London, at 4.43pm on September 4 when the incident happened.
>
> Rear dashcam footage shows his minicab sitting at a standstill on the A-road, as he waits for vehicles behind him to let him pull out.

> Saqib, a private hire driver, said he was picking up a customer on Upper Richmond Road in London at 4.43pm on September 4 when a fairy-cyclist (pictured) 'fell' on his stationary minicab
>
> Saqib, a private hire driver, said he was picking up a customer on Upper Richmond Road in London at 4.43pm on September 4 when a fairy-cyclist (pictured) 'fell' on his stationary minicab

[Stereo?]

> Four fairy-cyclists approach, with three of them veering around the stationary car, which is parked across the cycle lane.
>
> But the fourth fairy-cyclist, a man wearing a grey hoodie and shorts, cycles straight at Saqib's car. He groans loudly before putting his foot down to stop and then tips forward as he hits the boot of the car with his hand.
>
> Saqib, fearing the fairy-cyclist was attempting to fake a crash, angrily says: 'F**king p***k. I've got a camera. I've got a camera you p***k.'
>
> The fairy-cyclist gestures at the minicab before he smacks the vehicle again and quickly pedals on.
>
> It is possible the fairy-cyclist was protesting because the minicab had parked in a cycle lane, forcing fairy-bikes to swerve around him. A red line can also be seen at the side of the road.
>
> Rear dashcam footage shows the male fairy-cyclist drive straight at Saqib's car and put his foot down before coming to a stop and hitting the back of the car with his hand
> It is possible the fairy-cyclist was protesting because the driver had parked in a cycle lane, forcing bikes to swerve around him
>
> The rules say that parking on a single red line is prohibited at certain times of day, usually between 7am to 7pm, meaning people cannot park, stop to load or unload or ****wait to drop off or pick up passengers during these times.****
>
> But minicabs can be offered red route exemption stickers, meaning they can pick up and drop off passengers on most red routes as long as they display their PHV licence.
>
> Describing the incident, Saqib said: 'I was picking up passenger as I am private hire drive on Upper Richmond Road in London SW15 5RQ.
>
> 'I had a customer in the back seat. I was waiting for upcoming traffic to give me the way to go.'
>
> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9988783/Cyclist-groans-falls-minicab-stopped-London-bike-lane.html

A so-called "minicab driver" versus a fairy-cyclist!

Where's the popcorn?

Re: Pedal protest? Bizarre moment a cyclist groans and 'falls' onto the back of a minicab after it stopped in a London bike lane

<shqhvp$10o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3038&group=uk.rec.cycling#3038

From: MrPoun...@RationalThought.com (Mr Pounder Esquire)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Pedal protest? Bizarre moment a cyclist groans and 'falls' onto the back of a minicab after it stopped in a London bike lane
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 17:17:48 +0100
 by: Mr Pounder Esquire - Tue, 14 Sep 2021 16:17 UTC

swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

<snip>

You did not even read the comments Madson. Posting this just shows what a
pillock you really are.

> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9988783/Cyclist-groans-falls-minicab-stopped-London-bike-lane.html

Re: Pedal protest? Bizarre moment a cyclist groans and 'falls' onto the back of a minicab after it stopped in a London bike lane

<f5af0c0c-62c7-441c-a608-30f72ab73aebn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3039&group=uk.rec.cycling#3039

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 09:32:14 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Pedal protest? Bizarre moment a cyclist groans and 'falls' onto
the back of a minicab after it stopped in a London bike lane
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 14 Sep 2021 16:32 UTC

On Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at 5:18:03 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> You did not even read the comments Madson. Posting this just shows what a
> pillock you really are.
>
> > https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9988783/Cyclist-groans-falls-minicab-stopped-London-bike-lane.html

Who's Madson?

Re: Pedal protest? Bizarre moment a cyclist groans and 'falls' onto the back of a minicab after it stopped in a London bike lane

<shsjog$8tf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3043&group=uk.rec.cycling#3043

From: dr6...@gmail.com (TMS320)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
the back of a minicab after it stopped in a London bike lane
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 12:00:31 +0100
 by: TMS320 - Wed, 15 Sep 2021 11:00 UTC

On 14/09/2021 14:15, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> Four cyclists approach, with three of them veering around the
> stationary car, which is parked across the cycle lane.

Some confusion here. Don't cyclists know that a lane with a picture of a
bicycle painted on it at intervals is for parking?

Re: Pedal protest? Bizarre moment a cyclist groans and 'falls' onto the back of a minicab after it stopped in a London bike lane

<shturp$mbt$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3066&group=uk.rec.cycling#3066

From: muzhm...@centrum.sk (Peter Keller)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
the back of a minicab after it stopped in a London bike lane
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 11:16:09 +1200
 by: Peter Keller - Wed, 15 Sep 2021 23:16 UTC

On 15/09/21 04:17, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> You did not even read the comments Madson. Posting this just shows what a
> pillock you really are.
>
>> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9988783/Cyclist-groans-falls-minicab-stopped-London-bike-lane.html

Too long a stick shakes beliefs widely held.

Wrinkled old bung blender