Acceptance testing: An unsuccessful attempt to find bugs.

aus+uk / uk.railway / New southbound Northern Line Bank platform

SubjectAuthor
* New southbound Northern Line Bank platformRecliner
+* New southbound Northern Line Bank platformRoland Perry
|+* New southbound Northern Line Bank platformRecliner
||`- New southbound Northern Line Bank platformRoland Perry
|`* New southbound Northern Line Bank platformBob
| `- New southbound Northern Line Bank platformRecliner
+* New southbound Northern Line Bank platformMarland
|`- New southbound Northern Line Bank platformRecliner
`* New southbound Northern Line Bank platformhounslow3@yahoo.co.uk
 +* New southbound Northern Line Bank platformCharles Ellson
 |+- New southbound Northern Line Bank platformRecliner
 |`* New southbound Northern Line Bank platformBob
 | +- New southbound Northern Line Bank platformRecliner
 | `* New southbound Northern Line Bank platformhounslow3@yahoo.co.uk
 |  `* New southbound Northern Line Bank platformMarland
 |   `* New southbound Northern Line Bank platformhounslow3@yahoo.co.uk
 |    `- New southbound Northern Line Bank platformRecliner
 `* New southbound Northern Line Bank platformRecliner
  `- New southbound Northern Line Bank platformhounslow3@yahoo.co.uk

1
New southbound Northern Line Bank platform

<hev69h5vv2v7l104p1ga0sh21bksikop50@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30309&group=uk.railway#30309

From: recliner...@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Subject: New southbound Northern Line Bank platform
Date: Sun, 29 May 2022 15:08:56 +0100
 by: Recliner - Sun, 29 May 2022 14:08 UTC

While I was exploring the Elizabeth Line on its opening day last week, I also took the opportunity to pop down to Bank
to see the new Northern Line platform, which opened a few days earlier, with much less fanfare.

<https://www.flickr.com/photos/recliner/albums/72177720299340530>

It seems almost as wide as the Liz platforms, but of course the lack of PEDs means you see the little Tube train that's
now dwarfed by its large platform tunnel.

Re: New southbound Northern Line Bank platform

<aDCT2q8Jp4kiFABF@perry.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30317&group=uk.railway#30317

From: rol...@perry.co.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Subject: Re: New southbound Northern Line Bank platform
Date: Sun, 29 May 2022 15:59:21 +0100
 by: Roland Perry - Sun, 29 May 2022 14:59 UTC

In message <hev69h5vv2v7l104p1ga0sh21bksikop50@4ax.com>, at 15:08:56 on
Sun, 29 May 2022, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>While I was exploring the Elizabeth Line on its opening day last week,
>I also took the opportunity to pop down to Bank
>to see the new Northern Line platform, which opened a few days earlier,
>with much less fanfare.
>
><https://www.flickr.com/photos/recliner/albums/72177720299340530>
>
>It seems almost as wide as the Liz platforms, but of course the lack of
>PEDs means you see the little Tube train that's now dwarfed by its
>large platform tunnel.

The revamp is similar to Angel.

I wonder why the new platform doesn't have Elizabeth Line direction
signage (not even with a sticker over it). Will they be replacing them
soon?
--
Roland Perry

Re: New southbound Northern Line Bank platform

<jfhip0FfajsU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30325&group=uk.railway#30325

From: gemeha...@btinternet.co.uk (Marland)
Newsgroups: uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Date: 29 May 2022 15:45:36 GMT
 by: Marland - Sun, 29 May 2022 15:45 UTC

Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> wrote:
> While I was exploring the Elizabeth Line on its opening day last week, I
> also took the opportunity to pop down to Bank
> to see the new Northern Line platform, which opened a few days earlier,
> with much less fanfare.

Yes, the new alignment is quite a substantial construction that has been
overshadowed to an extent by the extension to Battersea and now the opening
of the Elizebeth line.
At around 2km that is quite a significant length of new tunnel to build
under a busy city ,not just a minor work.

GH

Re: New southbound Northern Line Bank platform

<t7057g$mm1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30327&group=uk.railway#30327

From: recliner...@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Date: Sun, 29 May 2022 15:58:40 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:MdvQSNuCrLggEG/89j491WKep5A=
 by: Recliner - Sun, 29 May 2022 15:58 UTC

Roland Perry <roland@perry.co.uk> wrote:
> In message <hev69h5vv2v7l104p1ga0sh21bksikop50@4ax.com>, at 15:08:56 on
> Sun, 29 May 2022, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>> While I was exploring the Elizabeth Line on its opening day last week,
>> I also took the opportunity to pop down to Bank
>> to see the new Northern Line platform, which opened a few days earlier,
>> with much less fanfare.
>>
>> <https://www.flickr.com/photos/recliner/albums/72177720299340530>
>>
>> It seems almost as wide as the Liz platforms, but of course the lack of
>> PEDs means you see the little Tube train that's now dwarfed by its
>> large platform tunnel.
>
> The revamp is similar to Angel.
>
> I wonder why the new platform doesn't have Elizabeth Line direction
> signage (not even with a sticker over it). Will they be replacing them
> soon?

Why would it? The Liz doesn't serve Bank station.

Re: New southbound Northern Line Bank platform

<t7057g$mm1$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30328&group=uk.railway#30328

From: recliner...@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Date: Sun, 29 May 2022 15:58:40 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:DYwY/gMUao9Jm5Dv9L3tu8lIB5Y=

Marland <gemehabal@btinternet.co.uk> wrote:
> Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> wrote:
>> While I was exploring the Elizabeth Line on its opening day last week, I
>> also took the opportunity to pop down to Bank
>> to see the new Northern Line platform, which opened a few days earlier,
>> with much less fanfare.
>>

> Yes, the new alignment is quite a substantial construction that has been
> overshadowed to an extent by the extension to Battersea and now the opening
> of the Elizebeth line.
> At around 2km that is quite a significant length of new tunnel to build
> under a busy city ,not just a minor work.

And I assume that new running tunnel had to be hand-constructed, without a
TBM, so it's an even bigger task than it seems. There's also the junctions
with the old, working CSLR tunnel (built in the 19th century, slightly
widened in the 20th century) at each end.

Re: New southbound Northern Line Bank platform

<t70egp$h6r$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30330&group=uk.railway#30330

From: ema...@domain.com (Bob)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sun, 29 May 2022 20:37:13 +0200
 by: Bob - Sun, 29 May 2022 18:37 UTC

On 2022-05-29 14:59:21 +0000, Roland Perry said:

> In message <hev69h5vv2v7l104p1ga0sh21bksikop50@4ax.com>, at 15:08:56 on
> Sun, 29 May 2022, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>> While I was exploring the Elizabeth Line on its opening day last week,
>> I also took the opportunity to pop down to Bank
>> to see the new Northern Line platform, which opened a few days earlier,
>> with much less fanfare.
>>
>> <https://www.flickr.com/photos/recliner/albums/72177720299340530>
>>
>> It seems almost as wide as the Liz platforms, but of course the lack of
>> PEDs means you see the little Tube train that's now dwarfed by its
>> large platform tunnel.
>
> The revamp is similar to Angel.

Angel was a single tunnel with an island platform. The rework at Bank
is simila to the one done at Lodon Bridge in the '90s converting one
platform tunnel to passenger access and building a new platform tunnel
next to it.

> I wonder why the new platform doesn't have Elizabeth Line direction
> signage (not even with a sticker over it). Will they be replacing them
> soon?

Perhaps they're waiting for the naming convention to be sorted out, as
the use of "line" for Crossrail's name is entirely inconsistent with
the rest of the usage on the system.

Robin

Re: New southbound Northern Line Bank platform

<t70lem$sub$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30332&group=uk.railway#30332

From: recliner...@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sun, 29 May 2022 20:35:34 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:LUcefUtjAbRtuX+yJYJAtMwFB50=
 by: Recliner - Sun, 29 May 2022 20:35 UTC

Bob <email@domain.com> wrote:
> On 2022-05-29 14:59:21 +0000, Roland Perry said:
>
>> In message <hev69h5vv2v7l104p1ga0sh21bksikop50@4ax.com>, at 15:08:56 on
>> Sun, 29 May 2022, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:

>> I wonder why the new platform doesn't have Elizabeth Line direction
>> signage (not even with a sticker over it). Will they be replacing them
>> soon?
>
> Perhaps they're waiting for the naming convention to be sorted out, as
> the use of "line" for Crossrail's name is entirely inconsistent with
> the rest of the usage on the system.

They're not waiting for anything. The Elizabeth Line doesn't serve the
Northern Line station with the new wide platform tunnel.

Re: New southbound Northern Line Bank platform

<t70nos$cne$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30333&group=uk.railway#30333

From: hounsl...@yahoo.co.uk (hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk)
Newsgroups: uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Date: Sun, 29 May 2022 22:15:08 +0100
 by: hounslow3@yahoo.co.u - Sun, 29 May 2022 21:15 UTC

On 29/05/2022 15:08, Recliner wrote:
> While I was exploring the Elizabeth Line on its opening day last week, I also took the opportunity to pop down to Bank
> to see the new Northern Line platform, which opened a few days earlier, with much less fanfare.
>
> <https://www.flickr.com/photos/recliner/albums/72177720299340530>
>
> It seems almost as wide as the Liz platforms, but of course the lack of PEDs means you see the little Tube train that's
> now dwarfed by its large platform tunnel.

Are there any plans to widen the northbound platform?

Re: New southbound Northern Line Bank platform

<p8q79h9nkb9023pd0k8lngk01mrb848akj@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30337&group=uk.railway#30337

From: charlese...@btinternet.com (Charles Ellson)
Newsgroups: uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Date: Sun, 29 May 2022 22:48:34 +0100
 by: Charles Ellson - Sun, 29 May 2022 21:48 UTC

On Sun, 29 May 2022 22:15:08 +0100, "hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk"
<hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>On 29/05/2022 15:08, Recliner wrote:
>> While I was exploring the Elizabeth Line on its opening day last week, I also took the opportunity to pop down to Bank
>> to see the new Northern Line platform, which opened a few days earlier, with much less fanfare.
>>
>> <https://www.flickr.com/photos/recliner/albums/72177720299340530>
>>
>> It seems almost as wide as the Liz platforms, but of course the lack of PEDs means you see the little Tube train that's
>> now dwarfed by its large platform tunnel.
>
>Are there any plans to widen the northbound platform?

Not the normal practice when this type of job is done. As also found
at e.g. Euston, the new platform tunnel is standard sized and the
original platform tunnel becomes a bigger than normal platform tunnel
as the consequence of previously being a two-track platform tunnel
which has had one track filled in to become part of the platform.

Re: New southbound Northern Line Bank platform

<t70re3$ldo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30340&group=uk.railway#30340

From: recliner...@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Date: Sun, 29 May 2022 22:17:39 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:T3FwJLaaGxiqGMV1YI+ZI+s/gUk=
 by: Recliner - Sun, 29 May 2022 22:17 UTC

Charles Ellson <charlesellson@btinternet.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 29 May 2022 22:15:08 +0100, "hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk"
> <hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> On 29/05/2022 15:08, Recliner wrote:
>>> While I was exploring the Elizabeth Line on its opening day last week,
>>> I also took the opportunity to pop down to Bank
>>> to see the new Northern Line platform, which opened a few days earlier,
>>> with much less fanfare.
>>>
>>> <https://www.flickr.com/photos/recliner/albums/72177720299340530>
>>>
>>> It seems almost as wide as the Liz platforms, but of course the lack of
>>> PEDs means you see the little Tube train that's
>>> now dwarfed by its large platform tunnel.
>>
>> Are there any plans to widen the northbound platform?
>>
> Not the normal practice when this type of job is done. As also found
> at e.g. Euston, the new platform tunnel is standard sized and the
> original platform tunnel becomes a bigger than normal platform tunnel
> as the consequence of previously being a two-track platform tunnel
> which has had one track filled in to become part of the platform.

You're thinking of Angel. None of that applies in Bank, which always had
two, separate, slightly narrow platform tunnels. The problem was that there
wasn't a concourse, so the narrow platform tunnels also had a stream of
passengers exiting the station or interchanging to other lines.

The DLR link in the old layout:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/recliner/51732119320/in/album-72157720267253360/>

The old platform tunnels:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/recliner/albums/72157720267253360>

The new southbound tunnel is larger than standard, but the key win is the
wide new concourse tunnel between the platform tunnels, the former
southbound platform tunnel. So the northbound platform no longer has to
double as a concourse.

Re: New southbound Northern Line Bank platform

<t70re3$ldo$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30341&group=uk.railway#30341

From: recliner...@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Date: Sun, 29 May 2022 22:17:39 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:6boVGYsd6Qm6bsd1i9iaZqwTWUI=
 by: Recliner - Sun, 29 May 2022 22:17 UTC

hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk <hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 29/05/2022 15:08, Recliner wrote:
>> While I was exploring the Elizabeth Line on its opening day last week, I
>> also took the opportunity to pop down to Bank
>> to see the new Northern Line platform, which opened a few days earlier,
>> with much less fanfare.
>>
>> <https://www.flickr.com/photos/recliner/albums/72177720299340530>
>>
>> It seems almost as wide as the Liz platforms, but of course the lack of
>> PEDs means you see the little Tube train that's
>> now dwarfed by its large platform tunnel.
>
> Are there any plans to widen the northbound platform?

No, and it's not needed, now there's the wide new concourse tunnel.

Re: New southbound Northern Line Bank platform

<t70sgo$to$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30345&group=uk.railway#30345

From: hounsl...@yahoo.co.uk (hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk)
Newsgroups: uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Date: Sun, 29 May 2022 23:36:07 +0100
 by: hounslow3@yahoo.co.u - Sun, 29 May 2022 22:36 UTC

On 29/05/2022 23:17, Recliner wrote:
> hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk <hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 29/05/2022 15:08, Recliner wrote:
>>> While I was exploring the Elizabeth Line on its opening day last week, I
>>> also took the opportunity to pop down to Bank
>>> to see the new Northern Line platform, which opened a few days earlier,
>>> with much less fanfare.
>>>
>>> <https://www.flickr.com/photos/recliner/albums/72177720299340530>
>>>
>>> It seems almost as wide as the Liz platforms, but of course the lack of
>>> PEDs means you see the little Tube train that's
>>> now dwarfed by its large platform tunnel.
>>
>> Are there any plans to widen the northbound platform?
>>

> No, and it's not needed, now there's the wide new concourse tunnel.

Thought so.

Re: New southbound Northern Line Bank platform

<uhO++xD8rFliFAd8@perry.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30356&group=uk.railway#30356

From: rol...@perry.co.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 06:49:48 +0100
 by: Roland Perry - Mon, 30 May 2022 05:49 UTC

In message <t7057g$mm1$1@dont-email.me>, at 15:58:40 on Sun, 29 May
2022, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>Roland Perry <roland@perry.co.uk> wrote:
>> In message <hev69h5vv2v7l104p1ga0sh21bksikop50@4ax.com>, at 15:08:56 on
>> Sun, 29 May 2022, Recliner <recliner.usenet@gmail.com> remarked:
>>> While I was exploring the Elizabeth Line on its opening day last week,
>>> I also took the opportunity to pop down to Bank
>>> to see the new Northern Line platform, which opened a few days earlier,
>>> with much less fanfare.
>>>
>>> <https://www.flickr.com/photos/recliner/albums/72177720299340530>
>>>
>>> It seems almost as wide as the Liz platforms, but of course the lack of
>>> PEDs means you see the little Tube train that's now dwarfed by its
>>> large platform tunnel.
>>
>> The revamp is similar to Angel.
>>
>> I wonder why the new platform doesn't have Elizabeth Line direction
>> signage (not even with a sticker over it). Will they be replacing them
>> soon?
>
>Why would it? The Liz doesn't serve Bank station.

I was confused by the three photos at the end, which are in fact
Moorgate, but nevertheless in your album titled "Bank".

Maybe I was expecting a corridor from there to Liverpool St West, or
something. (In the style of the link to Monument).
--
Roland Perry

Re: New southbound Northern Line Bank platform

<t71qn7$hoa$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30359&group=uk.railway#30359

From: ema...@domain.com (Bob)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 09:11:35 +0200
 by: Bob - Mon, 30 May 2022 07:11 UTC

On 2022-05-29 21:48:34 +0000, Charles Ellson said:

> On Sun, 29 May 2022 22:15:08 +0100, "hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk"
> <hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> On 29/05/2022 15:08, Recliner wrote:
>>> While I was exploring the Elizabeth Line on its opening day last week,
>>> I also took the opportunity to pop down to Bank
>>> to see the new Northern Line platform, which opened a few days earlier,
>>> with much less fanfare.
>>>
>>> <https://www.flickr.com/photos/recliner/albums/72177720299340530>
>>>
>>> It seems almost as wide as the Liz platforms, but of course the lack of
>>> PEDs means you see the little Tube train that's
>>> now dwarfed by its large platform tunnel.
>>
>> Are there any plans to widen the northbound platform?
>>
> Not the normal practice when this type of job is done. As also found
> at e.g. Euston, the new platform tunnel is standard sized and the
> original platform tunnel becomes a bigger than normal platform tunnel
> as the consequence of previously being a two-track platform tunnel
> which has had one track filled in to become part of the platform.

Euston and Angel both originally had a large single tunnel with an
island platform, and in both cases one track was filled in resulting in
a very large station tunnel for one direction, with a separate new
platform tunnel for the diverted direction built. Bank and London
Bridge originally had two separate platform tunnels back to back, and
in each case a new platform tunnel was built to replace one of the
originals, with the replaced tunnel having the floor built over the
track to provide an access tunnel between the two platform tunnels, and
the retained platform tunnel being unchanged.

Robin

Re: New southbound Northern Line Bank platform

<t7212j$qds$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30365&group=uk.railway#30365

From: recliner...@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 09:00:03 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:JSD0+DfmIK0pU3zF7PaupcE9Jic=
 by: Recliner - Mon, 30 May 2022 09:00 UTC

Bob <email@domain.com> wrote:
> On 2022-05-29 21:48:34 +0000, Charles Ellson said:
>
>> On Sun, 29 May 2022 22:15:08 +0100, "hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk"
>> <hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Are there any plans to widen the northbound platform?
>>>
>> Not the normal practice when this type of job is done. As also found
>> at e.g. Euston, the new platform tunnel is standard sized and the
>> original platform tunnel becomes a bigger than normal platform tunnel
>> as the consequence of previously being a two-track platform tunnel
>> which has had one track filled in to become part of the platform.
>
> Euston and Angel both originally had a large single tunnel with an
> island platform, and in both cases one track was filled in resulting in
> a very large station tunnel for one direction, with a separate new
> platform tunnel for the diverted direction built. Bank and London
> Bridge originally had two separate platform tunnels back to back, and
> in each case a new platform tunnel was built to replace one of the
> originals, with the replaced tunnel having the floor built over the
> track to provide an access tunnel between the two platform tunnels, and
> the retained platform tunnel being unchanged.

I'd have to check, but I think the new Bank platform must be the largest
diameter new-build Tube platform tunnel on LU, much larger than the other
three new CSLR tunnels.

Re: New southbound Northern Line Bank platform

<t7350f$8rb$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30405&group=uk.railway#30405

From: hounsl...@yahoo.co.uk (hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 20:13:19 +0100
 by: hounslow3@yahoo.co.u - Mon, 30 May 2022 19:13 UTC

On 30/05/2022 08:11, Bob wrote:
> On 2022-05-29 21:48:34 +0000, Charles Ellson said:
>
>> On Sun, 29 May 2022 22:15:08 +0100, "hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk"
>> <hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Are there any plans to widen the northbound platform?
>>>
>> Not the normal practice when this type of job is done. As also found
>> at e.g. Euston, the new platform tunnel is standard sized and the
>> original platform tunnel becomes a bigger than normal platform tunnel
>> as the consequence of previously being a two-track platform tunnel
>> which has had one track filled in to become part of the platform.
>
> Euston and Angel both originally had a large single tunnel with an
> island platform, and in both cases one track was filled in resulting in
> a very large station tunnel for one direction, with a separate new
> platform tunnel for the diverted direction built.  Bank and London
> Bridge originally had two separate platform tunnels back to back, and in
> each case a new platform tunnel was built to replace one of the
> originals, with the replaced tunnel having the floor built over the
> track to provide an access tunnel between the two platform tunnels, and
> the retained platform tunnel being unchanged.
>
> Robin

Are there photos of those stations before their respective rebuilds?

Are there any plans for the Claphams?

Re: New southbound Northern Line Bank platform

<jfknntF3d0eU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30414&group=uk.railway#30414

From: gemeha...@btinternet.co.uk (Marland)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: 30 May 2022 20:28:45 GMT
 by: Marland - Mon, 30 May 2022 20:28 UTC

hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk <hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 30/05/2022 08:11, Bob wrote:
>> On 2022-05-29 21:48:34 +0000, Charles Ellson said:

>>> Not the normal practice when this type of job is done. As also found
>>> at e.g. Euston, the new platform tunnel is standard sized and the
>>> original platform tunnel becomes a bigger than normal platform tunnel
>>> as the consequence of previously being a two-track platform tunnel
>>> which has had one track filled in to become part of the platform.
>>
>> Euston and Angel both originally had a large single tunnel with an
>> island platform, and in both cases one track was filled in resulting in
>> a very large station tunnel for one direction, with a separate new
>> platform tunnel for the diverted direction built.  Bank and London
>> Bridge originally had two separate platform tunnels back to back, and in
>> each case a new platform tunnel was built to replace one of the
>> originals, with the replaced tunnel having the floor built over the
>> track to provide an access tunnel between the two platform tunnels, and
>> the retained platform tunnel being unchanged.
>>
>> Robin
>>

> Are there photos of those stations before their respective rebuilds?
> Euston
As originally built.
<https://www.ltmuseum.co.uk/collections/collections-online/photographs/item/1998-84312>

The pit was not what we now call the suicide pit which were an LPTB
innovation,
Some stock was stabled there at end of service and the pit allowed access
to do some maintenance
and inspection.

In later years

<https://dewi.ca/trains/london/pix/n08_27.jpg>

Angel.

<https://www.flickr.com/photos/25347284@N04/3167554392>

GH

Re: New southbound Northern Line Bank platform

<t73od9$1jpm$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30420&group=uk.railway#30420

From: hounsl...@yahoo.co.uk (hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 01:44:25 +0100
 by: hounslow3@yahoo.co.u - Tue, 31 May 2022 00:44 UTC

On 30/05/2022 21:28, Marland wrote:
> hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk <hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Euston and Angel both originally had a large single tunnel with an
>>> island platform, and in both cases one track was filled in resulting in
>>> a very large station tunnel for one direction, with a separate new
>>> platform tunnel for the diverted direction built.  Bank and London
>>> Bridge originally had two separate platform tunnels back to back, and in
>>> each case a new platform tunnel was built to replace one of the
>>> originals, with the replaced tunnel having the floor built over the
>>> track to provide an access tunnel between the two platform tunnels, and
>>> the retained platform tunnel being unchanged.
>>>
>>> Robin
>>>

>> Are there photos of those stations before their respective rebuilds?
>> Euston
> As originally built.
> <https://www.ltmuseum.co.uk/collections/collections-online/photographs/item/1998-84312>

Are those mercury lamps or something similar? Perhaps it's the photo or
angle.

> In later years
>
> <https://dewi.ca/trains/london/pix/n08_27.jpg>

Nicer lighting.

> Angel.
>
> <https://www.flickr.com/photos/25347284@N04/3167554392>

Thank you.

What are the plans for the Claphams? Any ideas and/or funding identified?

Re: New southbound Northern Line Bank platform

<t73p8j$jed$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30422&group=uk.railway#30422

From: recliner...@gmail.com (Recliner)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 00:58:59 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:ul6uvluGlsYc17nPzx5yHpZ7kYc=
 by: Recliner - Tue, 31 May 2022 00:58 UTC

hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk <hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 30/05/2022 21:28, Marland wrote:
>> hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk <hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Are there photos of those stations before their respective rebuilds?
>>> Euston
>> As originally built.
>> <https://www.ltmuseum.co.uk/collections/collections-online/photographs/item/1998-84312>
>
> Are those mercury lamps or something similar? Perhaps it's the photo or
> angle.
>
>> In later years
>>
>> <https://dewi.ca/trains/london/pix/n08_27.jpg>
>>

> Nicer lighting.
>

>> Angel.
>>
>> <https://www.flickr.com/photos/25347284@N04/3167554392>
>>

> Thank you.
>
> What are the plans for the Claphams? Any ideas and/or funding identified?

I don't think so. They're not busy enough stations to be a priority.