Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 01:28:25 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Retired police chief, 64, was murdered by laughing 17-year-old
while on his morning bike ride
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Wed, 20 Sep 2023 08:28 UTC

Greensix1, Atwater, United States, 3 days ago

All violent criminals, no matter what their age, sex, race, nationality, mental capacity, family background, family wealth, or anything else, should be executed within 60 minutes of their one and only conviction. If your old 17 year old is old enough to run down a person with the car and kill them, they're old enough to be dead 60 minutes after their trial is over. That's our great-great grandparents generation, and everyone before them, handled violent criminals.

WHY DO YOU WANT TO HANG INNOCENT PEOPLE BY MISTAKE?

Re: Retired police chief, 64, was murdered by laughing 17-year-old while on his morning bike ride

<kn0gqgFu1v8U5@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30383&group=uk.rec.cycling#30383

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
while on his morning bike ride
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 10:18:41 -0500
 by: JNugent - Wed, 20 Sep 2023 15:18 UTC

On 20/09/2023 03:28, Simon Mason wrote:
> Greensix1, Atwater, United States, 3 days ago
>
> All violent criminals, no matter what their age, sex, race, nationality, mental capacity, family background, family wealth, or anything else, should be executed within 60 minutes of their one and only conviction. If your old 17 year old is old enough to run down a person with the car and kill them, they're old enough to be dead 60 minutes after their trial is over. That's our great-great grandparents generation, and everyone before them, handled violent criminals.
>
> WHY DO YOU WANT TO HANG INNOCENT PEOPLE BY MISTAKE?

He didn't say he did.

Why are you lying (again)?

Re: Retired police chief, 64, was murdered by laughing 17-year-old while on his morning bike ride

<b9e5562e-ea2b-4ea3-8b64-97c505e450c0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30389&group=uk.rec.cycling#30389

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 08:49:51 -0700 (PDT)
while on his morning bike ride
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Wed, 20 Sep 2023 15:49 UTC

On Wednesday, September 20, 2023 at 9:28:27 AM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
> Greensix1, Atwater, United States, 3 days ago
>
> All violent criminals, no matter what their age, sex, race, nationality, mental capacity, family background, family wealth, or anything else, should be executed within 60 minutes of their one and only conviction. If your old 17 year old is old enough to run down a person with the car and kill them, they're old enough to be dead 60 minutes after their trial is over. That's our great-great grandparents generation, and everyone before them, handled violent criminals.
>
> WHY DO YOU WANT TO HANG INNOCENT PEOPLE BY MISTAKE?

An innocent man who spent 17 years behind bars for a rape he did not commit has been cleared by the Court of Appeal

Andrew Malkinson, 57, was found guilty of raping a woman in Greater Manchester in 2003 and the following year he was jailed for life with a minimum term of seven years.

His barrister Edward Henry KC told the court on Wednesday that because he maintained he was innocent and "would not falsely confess to abhorrent crimes which he did not commit", Mr Malkinson served a further 10 years in jail after his tariff expired. But, earlier today, Malkinson was found to have not committed the act that got him imprisoned and forever tore his life apart.

Greater Manchester Police (GMP) have said they are "truly sorry" for what took place and described Mr Malkinson as the "victim of such a grave miscarriage of justice". But speaking outside court, Mr Malkinson took aim at GMP and blasted them for "scrambling" to cover up their accusations against him.. Now, his case could have "wider implications" for the criminal justice system, Mr Malkinson's lawyers warned.

Mr Malkinson was fighting to clear his name and his case was referred to the court in January by the Criminal Cases Review Commission (CCRC), which investigates potential miscarriages of justice, after recently-obtained DNA evidence linked another potential suspect to the crime. Mr Henry told the court that samples of DNA which were "rigorously tested" had been preserved over many years but that "most regrettably" items of the victim's clothing had been "destroyed by Greater Manchester Police".