Love at first sight is one of the greatest labor-saving devices the world has ever seen.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Teens who allegedly filmed themselves killing cyclist now accused of trying to kill second bike rider

SubjectAuthor
* Teens who allegedly filmed themselves killing cyclist now accused ofSimon Mason
+- Re: Teens who allegedly filmed themselves killing cyclistSpike
+* Re: Teens who allegedly filmed themselves killing cyclist now accusedSimon Mason
|`- Re: Teens who allegedly filmed themselves killing cyclistSpike
+* Re: Teens who allegedly filmed themselves killing cyclist now accusedSimon Mason
|`* Re: Teens who allegedly filmed themselves killing cyclist now accusedJNugent
| `- Re: Teens who allegedly filmed themselves killing cyclistSpike
+- Re: Teens who allegedly filmed themselves killing cyclist now accusedSimon Mason
+* Re: Teens who allegedly filmed themselves killing cyclist now accusedSimon Mason
|`- Re: Teens who allegedly filmed themselves killing cyclistSpike
`- Re: Teens who allegedly filmed themselves killing cyclist now accusedSimon Mason

1
Teens who allegedly filmed themselves killing cyclist now accused of trying to kill second bike rider

<b1c5b1fc-c7e7-4c36-bffe-bd206f069794n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30546&group=uk.rec.cycling#30546

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2023 04:15:40 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Teens who allegedly filmed themselves killing cyclist now accused of
trying to kill second bike rider
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sun, 24 Sep 2023 11:15 UTC

There have been further developments in the police investigation into the death of a retired police chief who was killed in a hit-and-run in Las Vegas last month. Earlier this week disturbing footage emerged online of the alleged incident, with police since arresting the passenger of the vehicle involved who is believed to have filmed the video.

Jesus Ayala, 18, and Jzamir Keys, 16, have now been named, with investigators suggesting that the pair had also attempted to murder a second cyclist. Sources told 8 News Now (link is external) that the alleged second incident also happened during their two-hour crime spree on the morning of August 14.

Ayala and Keys, who were previously unnamed due to their age, are accused of deliberately hitting and killing Andreas Probst, a 64-year-old who was killed while cycling in Las Vegas that morning. Video footage of the incident showed two occupants laughing as one could be heard saying "yeah, hit his ass" seconds before the collision.

Afterwards, someone is heard saying "he got knocked out" before another voice adds "get out of here".

The older suspect, Ayala, was arrested in the hours after the incident and is facing 18 charges, including murder, attempted murder, battery with use of a deadly weapon, leaving the scene of an accident, and numerous separate larceny and burglary charges.

Police appealed for information about the vehicle's passenger, with 16-year-old Keys arrested this week and appearing alongside Ayala at court in Las Vegas.

When officers arrested Ayala they allegedly discovered the shocking footage on his mobile phone. It is now being reported that they also found a video of a second incident, showing a driver deliberately hitting another cyclist.

When he was arrested, police body camera footage showed Ayala telling officers, he will "be out in 30 days, I'll bet you [...] hit-and-run — slap on the wrist". He was 17 at the time of the incident and his mother this week told reporters that she "doesn't know" if her son can be forgiven for the alleged crimes.

"I don't know why he did this. I don't know if God can forgive this," she said.

Clark County District Attorney Steve Wolfson told reporters outside court: "Both these defendants will be charged with open murder, attempted murder and many other related charges."

The Associated Press (link is external) reports that under Nevada law the pair cannot face the death penalty if they are convicted. The maximum sentence for a person convicted of murder in an adult court, but that took place before they were 18, is 20 years to life in prison.

https://road.cc/content/news/teens-now-accused-trying-kill-second-cyclist-304057

Re: Teens who allegedly filmed themselves killing cyclist now accused of trying to kill second bike rider

<knb2vjFmgvsU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30549&group=uk.rec.cycling#30549

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Teens who allegedly filmed themselves killing cyclist
now accused of trying to kill second bike rider
Date: 24 Sep 2023 15:29:55 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 24 Sep 2023 15:29 UTC

This is an update to the ‘verdict first, trial later’ item “Retired police
chief, 64, was murdered by laughing 17-year-old while on his morning bike
ride” of 17 September, prompting the question of why 17-year-olds choose a
bicycle on which to go about murdering people.

--
Spike

Re: Teens who allegedly filmed themselves killing cyclist now accused of trying to kill second bike rider

<38ca89a7-284a-4dc1-b397-943d77486b39n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30550&group=uk.rec.cycling#30550

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2023 10:01:43 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Teens who allegedly filmed themselves killing cyclist now accused
of trying to kill second bike rider
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sun, 24 Sep 2023 17:01 UTC

QUOTE: The older suspect, Ayala, was arrested in the hours after the incident and is facing 18 charges, including murder, attempted murder, battery with use of a deadly weapon, leaving the scene of an accident, and numerous separate larceny and burglary charges. ENDS

Quite a big rap sheet as they say across the pond.

Re: Teens who allegedly filmed themselves killing cyclist now accused of trying to kill second bike rider

<knb9ppFnjidU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30552&group=uk.rec.cycling#30552

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
now accused of trying to kill second bike rider
Date: 24 Sep 2023 17:26:17 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 24 Sep 2023 17:26 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
> QUOTE: The older suspect, Ayala, was arrested in the hours after the
> incident and is facing 18 charges, including murder, attempted murder,
> battery with use of a deadly weapon, leaving the scene of an accident,
> and numerous separate larceny and burglary charges. ENDS
>
> Quite a big rap sheet as they say across the pond.

Will he lose his bicycle licence(English)/license(US)?

--
Spike

Re: Teens who allegedly filmed themselves killing cyclist now accused of trying to kill second bike rider

<dc202be5-138c-45c3-ae94-9ed1821c73e8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30553&group=uk.rec.cycling#30553

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2023 11:04:52 -0700 (PDT)
of trying to kill second bike rider
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sun, 24 Sep 2023 18:04 UTC

QUOTE: Ayala and Keys, who were previously unnamed due to their age, are accused of deliberately hitting and killing Andreas Probst, a 64-year-old who was killed while cycling in Las Vegas that morning. Video footage of the incident showed two occupants laughing as one could be heard saying "yeah, hit his ass" seconds before the collision. ENDS

The little twats won't be laughing when they get 20 years in the slammer.

QUOTE: When he was arrested, police body camera footage showed Ayala telling officers, he will "be out in 30 days, I'll bet you [...] hit-and-run — slap on the wrist". ENDS

30 days?
Maybe in the UK, not in the USA - that's for sure.

Re: Teens who allegedly filmed themselves killing cyclist now accused of trying to kill second bike rider

<knbsbvFqefrU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30555&group=uk.rec.cycling#30555

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
of trying to kill second bike rider
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2023 17:43:12 -0500
 by: JNugent - Sun, 24 Sep 2023 22:43 UTC

On 24/09/2023 13:04, Simon Mason wrote:

> QUOTE: Ayala and Keys, who were previously unnamed due to their age, are accused of deliberately hitting and killing Andreas Probst, a 64-year-old who was killed while cycling in Las Vegas that morning. Video footage of the incident showed two occupants laughing as one could be heard saying "yeah, hit his ass" seconds before the collision. ENDS
>
> The little twats won't be laughing when they get 20 years in the slammer.

Ooh!

Listen to May Sun going all yankee... :-)

I bet he was dying to say "...the slammer, as we say in the trade...".

> QUOTE: When he was arrested, police body camera footage showed Ayala telling officers, he will "be out in 30 days, I'll bet you [...] hit-and-run — slap on the wrist". ENDS
>
> 30 days?
> Maybe in the UK, not in the USA - that's for sure.

Re: Teens who allegedly filmed themselves killing cyclist now accused of trying to kill second bike rider

<6a8f35e4-91a3-4152-8990-a334bd4b0926n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30557&group=uk.rec.cycling#30557

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2023 00:48:06 -0700 (PDT)
of trying to kill second bike rider
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Mon, 25 Sep 2023 07:48 UTC

QUOTE: The Associated Press (link is external) reports that under Nevada law the pair cannot face the death penalty if they are convicted. The maximum sentence for a person convicted of murder in an adult court, but that took place before they were 18, is 20 years to life in prison. ENDS

Didn't the little scrote say that he'd be out in 30 days?

Re: Teens who allegedly filmed themselves killing cyclist now accused of trying to kill second bike rider

<knd3flF21agU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30559&group=uk.rec.cycling#30559

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
now accused of trying to kill second bike rider
Date: 25 Sep 2023 09:50:45 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 25 Sep 2023 09:50 UTC

JNugent <jennings&co@mail.com> wrote:
> On 24/09/2023 13:04, Simon Mason wrote:
>
>> QUOTE: Ayala and Keys, who were previously unnamed due to their age, are
>> accused of deliberately hitting and killing Andreas Probst, a
>> 64-year-old who was killed while cycling in Las Vegas that morning.
>> Video footage of the incident showed two occupants laughing as one could
>> be heard saying "yeah, hit his ass" seconds before the collision. ENDS
>>
>> The little twats won't be laughing when they get 20 years in the slammer.
>
> Ooh!
>
> Listen to May Sun going all yankee... :-)
>
> I bet he was dying to say "...the slammer, as we say in the trade...".
>>
>> QUOTE: When he was arrested, police body camera footage showed Ayala
>> telling officers, he will "be out in 30 days, I'll bet you [...]
>> hit-and-run — slap on the wrist". ENDS
>>
>> 30 days?
>> Maybe in the UK, not in the USA - that's for sure.

Doesn’t it depend on whether they fess up early doors (LOL)?

--
Spike

Re: Teens who allegedly filmed themselves killing cyclist now accused of trying to kill second bike rider

<2dc90123-2b41-43c5-a3b8-16f9df8c6c82n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30560&group=uk.rec.cycling#30560

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2023 03:01:56 -0700 (PDT)
of trying to kill second bike rider
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Mon, 25 Sep 2023 10:01 UTC

Two teenage boys have been charged with plowing a stolen car into a retired police chief as he cycled along an empty highway in Las Vegas and filming the fatal hit-and-run in a sick video.

Jesus Ayala, 18, and Jzamir Keys, 16, are suspected of intentionally driving into Andreas Probst, 64, while he was riding his bicycle in the northwest of the city at around 6am on August 14. Ayala was arrested the same day and is believed to have been behind the wheel of the 2016 Hyundai Elantra which hit the retired officer. Keys was arrested this week after Las Vegas cops put out an appeal for information - he is believed to have been the one videoing the sickening attack.

Ayala had been charged with multiple offences in connection with the incident, including murder, attempted murder, battery with use of a deadly weapon, leaving the scene of an accident, and numerous separate larceny and burglary charges. The pair appeared for their arraignment at Las Vegas Justice Court on Thursday dressed in navy blue Clark County Detention Center uniforms.

Probst, a former police chief in Bell, California, is believed to be just one of three hit-and-run incidents the cops have tied the teens to that day

The graphic video shows the view from the car’s front seat with laughter heard as they approach the cyclist from behind on the empty highway. Laughter can be heard before Probst is struck, throwing him up onto the windshield before panning around to show him lying on the ground as the car speeds away.

Taylor Probst said her father Andy was a man of honour and integrity who worked for more than 35 years in law enforcement.

“We are devastated by the senseless murder of Andy,” she said. “Andy's life was robbed by two individuals who did not believe that lives of others matter.”

Bodycam footage from Las Vegas cops reportedly captured the moment Ayala was arrested, just hours after he allegedly drove into Probst. “You think this juvenile [expletive] is gonna do some [expletive]? I'll be out in 30 days, I'll bet you,” Ayala can be heard telling cops, KLAS reports. “It's just ah, [expletive] ah, hit-and-run — slap on the wrist”. Both boys have been charged as adults.

In the video a voice of the person filming, allegedly Keys, can be heard goading the attack on the cyclist. His mother told 8 News Now via text: 'My son's side of the story will be told - "the truth" - not the inaccuracies the media will try to portray.' Ayala’s mother previously told reporters that she 'doesn't know,' if her son - who was 17 at the time - can be forgiven for his alleged crimes. She previously told 8 News Now: 'I don't know why he did this. I don't know if God can forgive this

Re: Teens who allegedly filmed themselves killing cyclist now accused of trying to kill second bike rider

<knd688F2fo2U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30561&group=uk.rec.cycling#30561

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
now accused of trying to kill second bike rider
Date: 25 Sep 2023 10:38:00 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 25 Sep 2023 10:38 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:

> Two teenage boys have been charged with plowing a stolen car into a
> retired police chief as he cycled along an empty highway in Las Vegas and
> filming the fatal hit-and-run in a sick video.

[…] Missing attribution added:

<https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/las-vegas-teens-appear-court-31006058.amp>

--
Spike

Re: Teens who allegedly filmed themselves killing cyclist now accused of trying to kill second bike rider

<7d1d4344-67d1-4922-b155-1389eb8cfceen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30563&group=uk.rec.cycling#30563

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2023 04:44:40 -0700 (PDT)
of trying to kill second bike rider
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Mon, 25 Sep 2023 11:44 UTC

The teen driver who allegedly mowed down a retired police chief in a fatal hit-and-run told Las Vegas police he would be back on the streets in under a month, according to a report.

Jesus Ayala is accused of driving a stolen Hyundai Elantra on Aug. 14 along with Jzamir Keys, 16, and deliberately crashing into and killing Andreas “Andy” Probst, 64, who had been riding his bike, a disturbing video showed.

Ayala, who just turned 18, was arrested hours after Probst was killed and told the police while in custody that he wouldn’t be locked up for long.

“You think this juvenile [expletive] is gonna do some [expletive]? I’ll be out in 30 days, I’ll bet you,” Ayala told the cops, according to KLAS.

“It’s just ah, [expletive] ah, hit-and-run — slap on the wrist.”

Police had not yet told Ayala about any hit-and-run charges, and he was only arrested for a warrant and obstructing a peace officer, the outlet reported.

Ayala is being held at Clark County Detention Center without bail and was hit with 18 charges including murder, attempted murder and grand larceny.

Ayala, who just turned 18, was arrested hours after Probst was killed and told the police while in custody, he wouldn't be locked up for long.Ayala, who just turned 18, was arrested hours after Probst was killed and told the police while in custody that he wouldn’t be locked up for long.

Ayala and Keys made their first appearances Thursday in Las Vegas Justice Court, where the teens face charges as adults.

In their brief, separate appearances, neither teen spoke and was not asked to enter a plea.

The two cases are being handled separately due to the timing of when they were arrested — Keys was captured on Tuesday.

“Both these defendants will be charged with open murder, attempted murder, and many other related charges,” Clark County District Attorney Steve Wolfson told reporters outside court.

Ayala and Keys made their first appearances in Las Vegas Justice Court Thursday, where the teens face charges as adults.Ayala and Keys made their first appearances Thursday in Las Vegas Justice Court, where they face charges as adults.
Andreas “Andy” Probst, was killed after the teens ran him over while he rode his bike, a disturbing video showed.

A disturbing video showed that Andreas “Andy” Probst was killed when the teens ran him over while he was riding his bike

Prosecutors also sought high bail pending trial before Wolfson called the two a danger to the community.

“The events in these cases are related,” he said. “I’m very confident these cases will be consolidated.”

Keys, who was handed three charges, was arrested after he was caught on camera getting into a fight last week.
The video allegedly recorded by Keys in August captured the moment the stolen car plowed into the back of Probst while the two teens laughed saying, "hit his ass."The video allegedly recorded by Keys in August captured the moment the stolen car plowed into the back of Probst while the two teens laughed, saying, “Hit his ass.

Police linked him with the deadly hit-and-run because of the white tennis shoes seen in both videos.

The video allegedly recorded by Keys in August captured the moment the stolen car plowed into the back of Probst while the two teens laughed, saying, “Hit his ass.”

Probst was tossed over the hood of the vehicle and left to die.

His widow, Crystal Probst, and daughter, Taylor Probst, were in court for Thursday’s hearing but left immediately afterward without speaking with reporters.

Taylor Probst said on Tuesday the attack was a senseless killing caused by the effect “social media has on our youth” — not because of her father’s 35 years in law enforcement.

The two teens’ mothers have both spoken out about their sons’ heinous actions but they don’t share the same views.

“I don’t know why he did this,” Ayala’s mother told KLAS Wednesday. “I don’t know if God can forgive this.”
Under Nevada law, if they are convicted in adult court of murder committed before they were 18, the most severe sentence they can receive is 20 years to life in state prison. Under Nevada law, if they are convicted in adult court of murder committed before they were 18, the most severe sentence they can receive is 20 years to life in state prison

Probst’s widow, Crystal Probst, and daughter, Taylor Probst, were in court for Thursday’s hearing but left immediately afterward without speaking with reporters.His widow, Crystal Probst, and daughter, Taylor Probst, were in court for Thursday’s hearing but left immediately afterward without speaking with reporters.AP

“My son’s side of the story will be told, ‘the truth,’ not the inaccuracies the media will try to portray,” Keys’ mother said in a text to the station.

The death penalty will not be sought in either case because under Nevada law, they face 20 years to life in prison if they are convicted before they turn 18 years old.

The two teens are accused of going on a crime spree throughout the day on Aug. 14, as they allegedly hit a 72-year-old bicyclist while in a stolen Hyundai sedan, drove away, crashed into a Toyota Corolla and again drove away before striking Probst.

Police said they weren’t aware of the video until a high school resource officer provided it to investigators two weeks later.Police linked him with the deadly hit-and-run because of the white tennis shoes seen in both videos. AP

They later apparently stole two more cars before crashing them into each other.

The stolen Hyundai Elantra was found abandoned in a ditch with blood on the windshield, 10 minutes from where Probst was struck.

https://nypost.com/2023/09/22/jesus-ayala-and-jzamir-keys-appear-in-las-vegas-adult-court-following-andreas-probst-death/