A robin redbreast in a cage Puts all Heaven in a rage. -- Blake

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists than cars on Cycleway C9 than cars as cyclists celebrate one week of it being made permanent by blowing candles

SubjectAuthor
* "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists than carsSimon Mason
+* Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number ofSpike
|`- Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclistsJNugent
+* Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists thanSimon Mason
|+- Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists thanJNugent
|`* Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists thanSimon Mason
| +* Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number ofSpike
| |`* Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of chav-cyclistsJNugent
| | `- Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number ofSpike
| `* Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists thanSimon Mason
|  `- Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number ofSpike
+- Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists thanJNugent
+* Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists thanSimon Mason
|+- Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number ofSpike
|`* Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists thanJNugent
| `- Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number ofSpike
+* Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists thanSimon Mason
|`- Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number ofSpike
+* Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists thanSimon Mason
|`- Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number ofSpike
+- Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists thanSimon Mason
+* Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists thanSimon Mason
|+* Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists thanSimon Mason
||+- Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number ofSpike
||`* Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists thanSimon Mason
|| +- Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number ofSpike
|| `* Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists thanSimon Mason
||  `* Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists thanSimon Mason
||   `- Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists thanJNugent
|`- Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists thanJNugent
+* Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists thanSimon Mason
|`- Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number ofSpike
+* Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists thanSimon Mason
|`- Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists thanJNugent
`- Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists thanSimon Mason

Pages:12
"Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists than cars on Cycleway C9 than cars as cyclists celebrate one week of it being made permanent by blowing candles

<3479b1ac-edd7-4a9f-8483-0899d4c4cb03n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30714&group=uk.rec.cycling#30714

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 06:36:19 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists than cars
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 13:36 UTC

Nothing to see here, just an age-old adage proving its veracity.

A week ago, Cycleway C9, running on the key east-west stretch of commute in west London, between Hammersmith and Chiswick, and making it possible for hundreds, no, thousands of people to commute using a bicycle, was made permanent after 18 months of being temporary.

And already, the number of cyclists have nearly doubled on C9 as compared to the numbers of people driving their cars!

According to the Telraam traffic counter of King Street, in the past one week cyclists have outnumbered cars almost by two to one, showing the impact safe, segregated and welcoming infrastructure can have in bringing about a wide-scale behavioural shift.

Channel 5 broadcaster and live blog regular Jeremy Vine also retweeted a video of cyclists outnumbering drivers during rush hour on the stretch of cycleway.

But not just that, take a moment to zoom in, and think about the impact it can have on individuals, completely changing their lives. This wonderful video by London Cycling Campaign, shows a stroke survivor, an 86-year-old lady, and a father of three share their stories of joy after the building of C9.

"Before I couldn't do very much, go to shops or anything like that. I felt really stuck at home, because I couldn't keep asking people for lifts," said 86-year-old Clare. "It's made all the difference now. I can go to shops, I can go to Marks and Spencer, I can go to my eye people, I can even go to the hospital at Charing Cross."

"Now, all year round, we go for cycling," said Nick, a stroke survivor, before thanking Sadiq Khan and all the way down.

They proceeded to blow candles on what I would say look very cute and delicious cupcakes topped with an even cuter miniature of a bicycle.

All hail the two-wheeled tool of freedom!

https://road.cc/content/news/cycling-live-blog-28-september-2023-304137#live-blog-item-50009

Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists than cars on Cycleway C9 than cars as cyclists celebrate one week of it being made permanent by blowing candles

<knlk5pFebkqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30718&group=uk.rec.cycling#30718

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of
Date: 28 Sep 2023 15:24:41 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 15:24 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:

> And already, the number of cyclists have nearly doubled on C9 as compared
> to the numbers of people driving their cars!

Can someone explain what this means?

> All hail the two-wheeled tool of freedom!

Fruit loops.

> https://road.cc/content/news/cycling-live-blog-28-september-2023-304137#live-blog-item-50009

road.cc…that explains it.

--
Spike

Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists than cars on Cycleway C9 than cars as cyclists celebrate one week of it being made permanent by blowing candles

<b0aa0597-de43-4a7a-9672-eedc7b5a37e5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30722&group=uk.rec.cycling#30722

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 08:35:47 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists than
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 15:35 UTC

✨⭐ Exactly 1 week since #Cycleway9 was officially made permanent: HUGE CONGRATS Hounslow Council @LBofHounslow
⭐✨

🚲 2500+ people now cycle here every day

🥰 "It's made all the difference": hear what it means.

https://twitter.com/London_Cycling/status/1707290990724239534?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1707290990724239534%7Ctwgr%5Ef8fae14d50537ad5196d0c8162c38cd8d914af9b%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Froad.cc%2Fcontent%2Fnews%2Fcycling-live-blog-28-september-2023-304137

Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists than cars on Cycleway C9 than cars as cyclists celebrate one week of it being made permanent by blowing candles

<knmbd4Fhv02U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30748&group=uk.rec.cycling#30748

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 17:01:09 -0500
 by: JNugent - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 22:01 UTC

On 28/09/2023 08:36, Simon Mason wrote:

> Nothing to see here, just an age-old adage proving its veracity.
>
> A week ago, Cycleway C9, running on the key east-west stretch of commute in west London, between Hammersmith and Chiswick, and making it possible for hundreds, no, thousands of people to commute using a bicycle, was made permanent after 18 months of being temporary.
>
> And already, the number of cyclists have nearly doubled on C9 as compared to the numbers of people driving their cars!
>
> According to the Telraam traffic counter of King Street, in the past one week cyclists have outnumbered cars almost by two to one, showing the impact safe, segregated and welcoming infrastructure can have in bringing about a wide-scale behavioural shift.
>
> Channel 5 broadcaster and live blog regular Jeremy Vine also retweeted a video of cyclists outnumbering drivers during rush hour on the stretch of cycleway.
>
> But not just that, take a moment to zoom in, and think about the impact it can have on individuals, completely changing their lives. This wonderful video by London Cycling Campaign, shows a stroke survivor, an 86-year-old lady, and a father of three share their stories of joy after the building of C9.
>
> "Before I couldn't do very much, go to shops or anything like that. I felt really stuck at home, because I couldn't keep asking people for lifts," said 86-year-old Clare. "It's made all the difference now. I can go to shops, I can go to Marks and Spencer, I can go to my eye people, I can even go to the hospital at Charing Cross."
>
> "Now, all year round, we go for cycling," said Nick, a stroke survivor, before thanking Sadiq Khan and all the way down.
>
> They proceeded to blow candles on what I would say look very cute and delicious cupcakes topped with an even cuter miniature of a bicycle.
>
> All hail the two-wheeled tool of freedom!
>
> https://road.cc/content/news/cycling-live-blog-28-september-2023-304137#live-blog-item-50009

"tool" is the word for the *riders* of chav-bikes!

Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists than cars on Cycleway C9 than cars as cyclists celebrate one week of it being made permanent by blowing candles

<knmbe1Fhv02U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30749&group=uk.rec.cycling#30749

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 17:01:38 -0500

On 28/09/2023 10:24, Spike wrote:

> Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> And already, the number of cyclists have nearly doubled on C9 as compared
>> to the numbers of people driving their cars!
>
> Can someone explain what this means?
>
>> All hail the two-wheeled tool of freedom!
>
> Fruit loops.
>
>> https://road.cc/content/news/cycling-live-blog-28-september-2023-304137#live-blog-item-50009
>
> road.cc…that explains it.

They're all tools there.

Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists than cars on Cycleway C9 than cars as cyclists celebrate one week of it being made permanent by blowing candles

<knmbh3Fhv02U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30752&group=uk.rec.cycling#30752

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 17:03:15 -0500
 by: JNugent - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 22:03 UTC

On 28/09/2023 10:35, Simon Mason wrote:

> ✨⭐ Exactly 1 week since #Cycleway9 was officially made permanent: HUGE CONGRATS Hounslow Council @LBofHounslow
> ⭐✨
>
> 🚲 2500+ people now cycle here every day
>
> 🥰 "It's made all the difference": hear what it means.

Are you claiming that fewer then 2500 real vehicles pass east west or
west-east per 24 hour period in Hammersnith?

REALLY?

Try not to make yourself (and road.cc) look bigger idiots than you are
already known to be, eh?

> https://twitter.com/London_Cycling/status/1707290990724239534?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1707290990724239534%7Ctwgr%5Ef8fae14d50537ad5196d0c8162c38cd8d914af9b%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Froad.cc%2Fcontent%2Fnews%2Fcycling-live-blog-28-september-2023-304137

Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists than cars on Cycleway C9 than cars as cyclists celebrate one week of it being made permanent by blowing candles

<7e721146-37af-4fc7-8051-0c77b6104917n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30759&group=uk.rec.cycling#30759

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 23:45:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 06:45 UTC

QUOTE: "Before I couldn't do very much, go to shops or anything like that. I felt really stuck at home, because I couldn't keep asking people for lifts," said 86-year-old Clare. "It's made all the difference now. I can go to shops, I can go to Marks and Spencer, I can go to my eye people, I can even go to the hospital at Charing Cross." "Now, all year round, we go for cycling," said Nick, a stroke survivor, before thanking Sadiq Khan and all the way down. ENDS

86 years old - got that you racist Khan haters?

Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists than cars on Cycleway C9 than cars as cyclists celebrate one week of it being made permanent by blowing candles

<knngldFnp9rU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30767&group=uk.rec.cycling#30767

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 29 Sep 2023 08:37:01 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 08:37 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
> QUOTE: "Before I couldn't do very much, go to shops or anything like
> that. I felt really stuck at home, because I couldn't keep asking people
> for lifts," said 86-year-old Clare. "It's made all the difference now. I
> can go to shops, I can go to Marks and Spencer, I can go to my eye
> people, I can even go to the hospital at Charing Cross." "Now, all year
> round, we go for cycling," said Nick, a stroke survivor, before thanking
> Sadiq Khan and all the way down. ENDS

> 86 years old - got that you racist Khan haters?

One can dislike Khan because of his political agenda, you know.

--
Spike

Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists than cars on Cycleway C9 than cars as cyclists celebrate one week of it being made permanent by blowing candles

<0efc6c72-f226-4b3d-aca8-9aa94633517dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30773&group=uk.rec.cycling#30773

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 03:35:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 10:35 UTC

Jeremy Vine
@theJeremyVine
More bikes than cars. Amazing.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1706732805365858516

Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists than cars on Cycleway C9 than cars as cyclists celebrate one week of it being made permanent by blowing candles

<knnp9sFp44tU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30778&group=uk.rec.cycling#30778

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 29 Sep 2023 11:04:28 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 11:04 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jeremy Vine
> @theJeremyVine
> More bikes than cars. Amazing.
>
> https://twitter.com/i/status/1706732805365858516

Doubtless a carefully-selected 11 seconds of video.

You fall for it all, don’t you (that’s not a question).

And there was no sign of the traffic jams that you keep telling us you can
cycle faster than.

You fall for it all…

--
Spike

Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists than cars on Cycleway C9 than cars as cyclists celebrate one week of it being made permanent by blowing candles

<1edc5782-0f79-4785-b430-d470bfae4180n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30783&group=uk.rec.cycling#30783

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 05:31:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 12:31 UTC

Cllr Emily Kerr 💚
@EmilyKerr36
Big news!! C9 has had nearly DOUBLE as many cyclists as cars on it over the last five days. Look at this Telraam data below, or the detail on https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7MXnMYWQAA7MlU?format=jpg&name=medium

Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists than cars on Cycleway C9 than cars as cyclists celebrate one week of it being made permanent by blowing candles

<kno64lFr4h5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30789&group=uk.rec.cycling#30789

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 29 Sep 2023 14:43:33 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 14:43 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
> Cllr Emily Kerr 💚
> @EmilyKerr36

> Big news!! C9 has had nearly DOUBLE as many cyclists as cars on it over
> the last five days. Look at this Telraam data below, or the detail on
> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7MXnMYWQAA7MlU?format=jpg&name=medium

Try again, that’s a blank white page.

--
Spike

Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists than cars on Cycleway C9 than cars as cyclists celebrate one week of it being made permanent by blowing candles

<f218c994-3d35-45e2-9b7d-d91e447984bcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30793&group=uk.rec.cycling#30793

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 08:33:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 15:33 UTC

Cllr Emily Kerr 💚
@EmilyKerr36
·
Sep 28
I've been following as local Tory councillors have been opposed to it and have posted pictures of an empty cycle lane at like 5am as justification for the idea that no one uses it, lol. Yet whenever I visit, it's packed with bikes and pedestrians. (3/4)

Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists than cars on Cycleway C9 than cars as cyclists celebrate one week of it being made permanent by blowing candles

<knofnpFskdtU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30797&group=uk.rec.cycling#30797

From: jennings...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 12:27:22 -0500
 by: JNugent - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 17:27 UTC

On 29/09/2023 01:45, Simon Mason wrote:

> QUOTE: "Before I couldn't do very much, go to shops or anything like that. I felt really stuck at home, because I couldn't keep asking people for lifts," said 86-year-old Clare. "It's made all the difference now. I can go to shops, I can go to Marks and Spencer, I can go to my eye people, I can even go to the hospital at Charing Cross." "Now, all year round, we go for cycling," said Nick, a stroke survivor, before thanking Sadiq Khan and all the way down. ENDS
>
> 86 years old - got that you racist Khan haters?

You're the racist Sunak hater!

Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists than cars on Cycleway C9 than cars as cyclists celebrate one week of it being made permanent by blowing candles

<6d516cad-9b51-4ff2-8d91-4a103c1b9262n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30798&group=uk.rec.cycling#30798

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 11:02:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 18:02 UTC

On Friday, September 29, 2023 at 1:31:18 PM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
> Cllr Emily Kerr 💚
> @EmilyKerr36
> Big news!! C9 has had nearly DOUBLE as many cyclists as cars on it over the last five days.
Look at this Telraam data below:

Here are the data in a rolling 14 days format.
15SEP23 - 29SEP23.

https://telraam.net/en/location/9000003093

Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists than cars on Cycleway C9 than cars as cyclists celebrate one week of it being made permanent by blowing candles

<knovqoFl20U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30822&group=uk.rec.cycling#30822

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 29 Sep 2023 22:02:00 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 22:02 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
> Cllr Emily Kerr 💚
> @EmilyKerr36
> ·
> Sep 28
> I've been following as local Tory councillors have been opposed to it and
> have posted pictures of an empty cycle lane at like 5am as justification
> for the idea that no one uses it, lol. Yet whenever I visit, it's packed
> with bikes and pedestrians. (3/4)

Some rabid and unthinking supporter of cycling on this group posted an
11-second video of a section of a road in London, boasting “Look! More
cycles than cars!”. It might have been true, for that 11 seconds, but that
doesn’t mean it’s representative.

Misrepresentation happens in all sides of of the discussion. Including
yours.

--
Spike

Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists than cars on Cycleway C9 than cars as cyclists celebrate one week of it being made permanent by blowing candles

<knovqoFl20U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30823&group=uk.rec.cycling#30823

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 29 Sep 2023 22:02:00 GMT

JNugent <jennings&co@mail.com> wrote:
> On 29/09/2023 01:45, Simon Mason wrote:
>
>> QUOTE: "Before I couldn't do very much, go to shops or anything like
>> that. I felt really stuck at home, because I couldn't keep asking people
>> for lifts," said 86-year-old Clare. "It's made all the difference now. I
>> can go to shops, I can go to Marks and Spencer, I can go to my eye
>> people, I can even go to the hospital at Charing Cross." "Now, all year
>> round, we go for cycling," said Nick, a stroke survivor, before thanking
>> Sadiq Khan and all the way down. ENDS
>>
>> 86 years old - got that you racist Khan haters?
>
> You're the racist Sunak hater!

Not a deep thinker, is he…

--
Spike

Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists than cars on Cycleway C9 than cars as cyclists celebrate one week of it being made permanent by blowing candles

<knovqoFl20U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30824&group=uk.rec.cycling#30824

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 29 Sep 2023 22:02:00 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 22:02 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday, September 29, 2023 at 1:31:18 PM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
>> Cllr Emily Kerr 💚
>> @EmilyKerr36
>> Big news!! C9 has had nearly DOUBLE as many cyclists as cars on it over
>> the last five days.
> Look at this Telraam data below:
>
> Here are the data in a rolling 14 days format.
> 15SEP23 - 29SEP23.
>
> https://telraam.net/en/location/9000003093

So how do they define a two-wheeler?

Does it include motorcycles, electric-motor cycles, e-scooters, roller
bladers, sack barrows, overnight cases, or what?

--
Spike

Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists than cars on Cycleway C9 than cars as cyclists celebrate one week of it being made permanent by blowing candles

<2550f8e3-0343-452c-9a28-000d6d9ce992n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30831&group=uk.rec.cycling#30831

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 22:54:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 05:54 UTC

Olivia M Ⓥ
@OliviaMLondon
·
Sep 28
The C9 bike lane is wonderful. Use it almost everyday. Can see many more people cycling, including young families, young people, old people and all sorts of people using bicycles to get about. Happy days.

==================
Senile gammons will hate all those happy cyclists as they prefer motor traffic belching out toxic fumes and knocking people over.

Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of chav-cyclists than cars on Cycleway C9 than cars as chav-cyclists celebrate one week of it being made permanent by blowing candles

<kpphcvFqbh2U5@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31887&group=uk.rec.cycling#31887

From: jnug...@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of chav-cyclists
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 10:34:23 +0100
 by: JNugent - Tue, 24 Oct 2023 09:34 UTC

On 29/09/2023 03:43 pm, Spike wrote:
> Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Cllr Emily Kerr 💚
>> @EmilyKerr36
>
>> Big news!! C9 has had nearly DOUBLE as many cyclists as cars on it over
>> the last five days. Look at this Telraam data below, or the detail on
>> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7MXnMYWQAA7MlU?format=jpg&name=medium
>
> Try again, that’s a blank white page.

He forgot to upload an Excel sheet with cell C9 highlighted.

Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists than cars on Cycleway C9 than cars as cyclists celebrate one week of it being made permanent by blowing candles

<e11fa62b-680a-4354-bf9d-bbd1be88036cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31894&group=uk.rec.cycling#31894

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 03:08:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Tue, 24 Oct 2023 10:08 UTC

QUOTE: All hail the two-wheeled tool. ENDS

You seen speeding motorcyclists on country roads as well, eh?

Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of chav-cyclists than cars on Cycleway C9 than cars as chav-cyclists celebrate one week of it being made permanent by blowing candles

<kppme2Frd59U9@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31909&group=uk.rec.cycling#31909

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 24 Oct 2023 11:00:18 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 24 Oct 2023 11:00 UTC

JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:
> On 29/09/2023 03:43 pm, Spike wrote:
>> Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Cllr Emily Kerr 💚
>>> @EmilyKerr36

>>> Big news!! C9 has had nearly DOUBLE as many cyclists as cars on it over
>>> the last five days. Look at this Telraam data below, or the detail on
>>> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7MXnMYWQAA7MlU?format=jpg&name=medium

>> Try again, that’s a blank white page.

> He forgot to upload an Excel sheet with cell C9 highlighted.

Things are improving…the mostly blank page now says ‘Daily Overview’…and
that’s it…

--
Spike

Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists than cars on Cycleway C9 than cars as cyclists celebrate one week of it being made permanent by blowing candles

<1e93d424-081c-43c9-a4fc-8a6f5af392f0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31926&group=uk.rec.cycling#31926

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 05:09:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Tue, 24 Oct 2023 12:09 UTC

QUOTE: And already, the number of cyclists have nearly doubled on C9 as compared to the numbers of people driving their cars! ENDS

"Just wait until it starts raining" or something.

Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists than cars on Cycleway C9 than cars as cyclists celebrate one week of it being made permanent by blowing candles

<kpq1epFtedcU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31945&group=uk.rec.cycling#31945

From: aero.sp...@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 24 Oct 2023 14:08:25 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 24 Oct 2023 14:08 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:

> QUOTE: And already, the number of cyclists have nearly doubled on C9 as
> compared to the numbers of people driving their cars! ENDS

That makes no sense at all. Have another go at explaining whatever it is
you are failing to put across.

> "Just wait until it starts raining" or something.

Winter is still over a month away…

--
Spike

Re: "Build it and they'll come": Double the number of cyclists than cars on Cycleway C9 than cars as cyclists celebrate one week of it being made permanent by blowing candles

<c62cc868-2191-46ae-8631-baf7cf608e91n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31957&group=uk.rec.cycling#31957

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 10:08:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Tue, 24 Oct 2023 17:08 UTC

On Tuesday, October 24, 2023 at 1:09:11 PM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
> QUOTE: And already, the number of cyclists have nearly doubled on C9 as compared to the numbers of people driving their cars! ENDS
>
> "Just wait until it starts raining" or something.

London flooded with cyclists today as usual - car drivers warned to "take extra care"