From: meo...@pussie.com (Mighty Mouse)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: 1948 Jaguar
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 15:40:50 +1100
 by: Mighty Mouse - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 04:40 UTC

a friend has inherited a 1948 Jag as part of an Estate settlement, along
with many new parts for it, including two brand new front seats. the car
itself is not in good condition, so she seems to think it's not worth
much. I tried to tell her the condition doesn't matter, it's what car it
is that matters to collectors. and the new parts are certainly worth a
pretty penny. I asked her to send photos and I would post them here for
comment. hopefully she will. I'd hate to see her get ripped off by some
smooth talker who convinces her it's just junk and he will remove it for
her as a favor.

--
Have a nice day!..

Re: 1948 Jaguar

<ujs0e0$2mrfp$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30772&group=aus.cars#30772

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: 1948 Jaguar
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 16:24:16 +1100
 by: Noddy - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 05:24 UTC

On 25/11/2023 3:40 pm, Mighty Mouse wrote:

> a friend has inherited a 1948 Jag as part of an Estate settlement, along
> with many new parts for it, including two brand new front seats. the car
> itself is not in good condition, so she seems to think it's not worth
> much. I tried to tell her the condition doesn't matter, it's what car it
> is that matters to collectors. and the new parts are certainly worth a
> pretty penny. I asked her to send photos and I would post them here for
> comment. hopefully she will. I'd hate to see her get ripped off by some
> smooth talker who convinces her it's just junk and he will remove it for
> her as a favor.

Post the pics, but like anything else the value will depend not only on
it's condition but also on exactly what model it is and it's rarity.

Regards,
Noddy.