From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Subject: I voted NO in the referendum
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 05:02:20 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
 by: Nomen Nescio - Mon, 16 Oct 2023 03:02 UTC

And then my neighbours were playing Yothu Yindi and Kev
Carmody and Baker Boy all Sunday. I expect that woke shit
to stop.

Re: I voted NO in the referendum

<a96f198a-3baf-4dbb-81e7-a43c9db20a3fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30813&group=aus.politics#30813

Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 23:16:49 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: I voted NO in the referendum
From: pet...@gmail.com (petzl)
 by: petzl - Mon, 16 Oct 2023 06:16 UTC

On Monday, October 16, 2023 at 2:02:27 PM UTC+11, Nomen Nescio wrote:
> And then my neighbours were playing Yothu Yindi and Kev
> Carmody and Baker Boy all Sunday. I expect that woke shit
> to stop.

Australian Federation only got a yes from the colonists with the promise and guarantee.
By Sir John Downer Kings Council, stated,
when the Australian Constitution was finally adopted and on behalf of future generations,
‘Our Australian Commonwealth from its first stage will be a Christian Commonwealth’.

Yothu Yindi R.I.P. wrote, sung and music "Treaty" about their promise and guarantee
given in 1988 by Labor PM (also in 1987 "No child will live in poverty").
"Hawke responded to the Barunga Statement with a promise that a treaty would be
concluded with Indigenous Australians by 1990"
Yothu Yindi's music hit "Treaty"
"Promises can disappear like writing in the sand"

Which is fact, from day one of "our" Christian constitution
(which does not have a claimed "preamble")
--
Petzl
In a democracy of course you always get a choice.
Do you want to be governed by the red or by the blue it's entirely up
to you.
Do you want to be patronized or condescended to, by liars or by crooks
you get to choose.
Would you prefer your fundamental values to be insulted or ignored by
con-men or by charlatans.
In short do you want your influence to be zero or nil and when would
you like to be listened to, never or not at all, it's your choice
Do you want, some more choices, take-it-or-leave-it.
I'd be happy with any kind of representation wouldn't you, I would
like to see a new government and part of me doesn't give a damn who's
in it as long as it doesn't include anybody from the Labor, Liberal or
Green party organizations that show themselves to be without shame or
principle All spineless and authoritarian both cowardly and war
mongering at the same time