From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Following the science
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 19:28:53 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Mon, 17 Jan 2022 19:28 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/coronavirus

<quotes>

Cumbria's public health boss says he's "a bit nervous" the reduction in Covid self-isolation could result in more infections.

From today, the isolation period is five full days if people test negative on days five and six. Elsewhere in the UK, the self-isolation period lasts at least seven days.

Colin Cox said: "It makes me a bit nervous. The isolation time being cut does mean that by most estimates we'll still be releasing seven to 10% of people from isolation when they're actually still infectious.

"So while it will get people back to work a day faster, the risk is you're letting them back into the workforce while still being infectious and therefore spreading the infection in the workplace.

"So I think it's a risky strategy and there is a distinct risk of more people going off sick," he added.

</quotes>

Or "unethical gamble", or simply "wrong", as the German health minister put it.

It's not exactly rocket science. Yet time after time we have seen this government remove the restrictions which are limiting infections and deaths, causing both to surge having done so.

I could say I really don't understand why the Junta is determined to keep us in boom and bust cycles rather than eradicate spread, but chasing herd immunity and not caring how many die, is a good enough explanation for me. "Many loved ones will die" - That's what we were promised, and that's what we are getting.

CFR has now risen to 0.3% which means we are looking at 360,000 deaths, possibly more.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Following the science