From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: BoJo's lies begin to unravel
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 10:36:45 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Tue, 18 Jan 2022 10:36 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60036435

<quotes>

Mr Cummings, who was still working in Downing Street at the time of the drinks party, on 20 May 2020, said the prime minister had been forewarned of it and told that it would break Covid guidelines.

He added that he had tried to persuade Mr Johnson to stop the gathering but he had "waved it aside".

Two other former Downing Street officials told the BBC they remembered Mr Cummings telling them that day he had warned the prime minister not to go ahead.

Mr Raab told BBC Breakfast that Mr Cummings's and Mr Johnson's accounts were "irreconcilable"

Asked whether any minister who lied to the House of Commons and failed to correct their remarks should resign, he replied: "Yes."

</quotes>

It is hard to see how Johnson can survive but his is a party which will defend and excuse any amount of wrong doing, will choose lies over truth when it best suits them.

Re: BoJo's lies begin to unravel

<20220118142526.00006680@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3095&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#3095

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: BoJo's lies begin to unravel
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 14:25:26 +0000
 by: The Happy Hippy - Tue, 18 Jan 2022 14:25 UTC

On Tue, 18 Jan 2022 10:36:45 +0000
The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:

> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60036435
: > Mr Cummings, who was still working in Downing Street at the time of
> the drinks party, on 20 May 2020, said the prime minister had been
> forewarned of it and told that it would break Covid guidelines.
>
> He added that he had tried to persuade Mr Johnson to stop the
> gathering but he had "waved it aside".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60039868

<quotes>

Boris Johnson has "categorically" denied he was warned a drinks party in the No 10 garden risked breaking lockdown rules.

"Nobody warned me that it was against the rules," the prime minister said, adding: "I would have remembered that."

"I can tell you categorically that nobody said that this was something that was against the rules, that was in breach of the Covid rules."

</quotes>

Looks like the lying serial liar is readying his defence to it being proven he was told; far too busy getting brexit done and saving the country to have remembered being told.

He is hoping to have his cake and eat it, accepting he did break the rules while pretending he didn't know he was breaking the rules.

Ignorance and not knowing was never a defence allowed for Brits who were fined and punished for breaking the very same rules. But we know it's one rule for them and another for us.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / BoJo's lies begin to unravel