Nothing ever becomes real until it is experienced. -- John Keats

aus+uk / uk.railway / Re: Another lost no-claims bonus!

SubjectAuthor
* Another lost no-claims bonus!Graeme Wall
`* Another lost no-claims bonus!Roland Perry
 `* Another lost no-claims bonus!Graeme Wall
  `* Another lost no-claims bonus!Roland Perry
   +* Another lost no-claims bonus!Muttley
   |+* Another lost no-claims bonus!Roland Perry
   ||+* Another lost no-claims bonus!Alan
   |||`- Another lost no-claims bonus!Roland Perry
   ||`- Another lost no-claims bonus!Muttley
   |`* Another lost no-claims bonus!Charles Ellson
   | `* Another lost no-claims bonus!Roland Perry
   |  `* Another lost no-claims bonus!Charles Ellson
   |   `* Another lost no-claims bonus!Charles Ellson
   |    `- Another lost no-claims bonus!Roland Perry
   +- Another lost no-claims bonus!Graeme Wall
   `* Another lost no-claims bonus!Anna Noyd-Dryver
    +* Another lost no-claims bonus!Sam Wilson
    |`* Another lost no-claims bonus!Tweed
    | `- Another lost no-claims bonus!Roland Perry
    `* Another lost no-claims bonus!NY
     `* Another lost no-claims bonus!Sam Wilson
      `* Another lost no-claims bonus!Roland Perry
       +* Another lost no-claims bonus!Sam Wilson
       |+- Another lost no-claims bonus!NY
       |`- Another lost no-claims bonus!Roland Perry
       `* Another lost no-claims bonus!Graeme Wall
        +- Another lost no-claims bonus!Tweed
        `- Another lost no-claims bonus!Roland Perry

Pages:12
Re: Another lost no-claims bonus!

<t82eq7$c9u$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31031&group=uk.railway#31031

From: usenet.t...@gmail.com (Tweed)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Subject: Re: Another lost no-claims bonus!
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 16:10:47 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:kjDaft3d1pj4RyqUvQkM2iH3p/M=
 by: Tweed - Sat, 11 Jun 2022 16:10 UTC

Graeme Wall <rail@greywall.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> On 11/06/2022 15:50, Roland Perry wrote:
>> In message <t8263m$ojb$2@dont-email.me>, at 13:42:14 on Sat, 11 Jun
>> 2022, Sam Wilson <ukr@dummy.wislons.fastmail.co.uk> remarked:

>>> But when you look carefully there isn’t a low part - both parts are the
>>> same height.
>>
>> Yes, however as we have discovered, the press photos have used a rather
>> distorting lens.
>
> Standard medium wide-angle lens.

Photos supplied by Leicestershire Police, so presumably just whatever was
to hand, probably a phone camera.

Re: Another lost no-claims bonus!

<GVP0jV3LKMpiFALI@perry.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31032&group=uk.railway#31032

From: rol...@perry.co.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 17:27:55 +0100
 by: Roland Perry - Sat, 11 Jun 2022 16:27 UTC

In message <t82c1q$ikg$2@dont-email.me>, at 15:23:38 on Sat, 11 Jun
2022, Sam Wilson <ukr@dummy.wislons.fastmail.co.uk> remarked:
>Roland Perry <roland@perry.co.uk> wrote:
>> In message <t8263m$ojb$2@dont-email.me>, at 13:42:14 on Sat, 11 Jun
>> 2022, Sam Wilson <ukr@dummy.wislons.fastmail.co.uk> remarked:

>>> But when you look carefully there isn’t a low part - both parts are the
>>> same height.
>>
>> Yes, however as we have discovered, the press photos have used a rather
>> distorting lens.
>
>“I didn’t look carefully a the photos and, lacking local knowledge,
>launched into a diatribe based on a faulty assumption. Sorry for leading
>the discussion astray.”

Although there seems no interest in pursuing the matter, I'm still very
surprised the HGV flipped over and stopped, so little into the bridge
hole, and with no damage to the trailer's leading edge pictured. Maybe a
photo from the far side would at least have revealed the latter.
--
Roland Perry

Re: Another lost no-claims bonus!

<Lld3P53AMMpiFAJg@perry.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31033&group=uk.railway#31033

From: rol...@perry.co.uk (Roland Perry)
Newsgroups: uk.railway
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 17:29:52 +0100
 by: Roland Perry - Sat, 11 Jun 2022 16:29 UTC

In message <t82edq$31a$3@dont-email.me>, at 17:04:10 on Sat, 11 Jun
2022, Graeme Wall <rail@greywall.demon.co.uk> remarked:
>On 11/06/2022 15:50, Roland Perry wrote:
>> In message <t8263m$ojb$2@dont-email.me>, at 13:42:14 on Sat, 11 Jun
>>2022, Sam Wilson <ukr@dummy.wislons.fastmail.co.uk> remarked:

>>> But when you look carefully there isn’t a low part - both parts are the
>>> same height.

>> Yes, however as we have discovered, the press photos have used a
>>rather distorting lens.
>
>Standard medium wide-angle lens.

Based on the dozens of bridge-bash photos I've looked at the last ~5yrs,
the most informative are the ones taken from about 50 yds away with a
standard/telephoto lens.
--
Roland Perry