From: amos-jo...@outlook.com (Ray)
Newsgroups: uk.people.silversurfers
Subject: Covid: Travel firms call for removal of testing rules
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2022 09:05:54 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Ray - Wed, 5 Jan 2022 09:05 UTC

<https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59876063>

I can see their point.

We spent Christmas in Amsterdam and travelled by Eurostar.
It cost £145 for all the required self test kits for 2 people. £20 less than
the Eurostar return tickets.
Lateral flow pre departure tests, I never did get my result confirmed, despite
several email exchanges with the testing company.
My wife did. They were both clear anyway.
A quick explanation at the gate and I was waived onto the train.
Return trip almost exact copy of the outward journey, but my result did come
through about 2 hours before departure.
Again after me emailing the company.
Tests were done the previous day.
Incidentally these paid for lateral flow test kits are identical to the free
NHS kits.
A very cursory examination at the gate, both results presented on small
smartphone screens.
No-one was interested in seeing our Covid vaccination passes.

The required 2 day PCR tests were sent off the day after we arrived home on
the 29th Dec.
We still haven't had those results and we are supposed to be in self
quarantine until we do.
The testing company acknowledge receipt but say they can't find them.

--
This is not the signature you are looking for.
You can go about your business