Peace was the way. -- Kirk, "The City on the Edge of Forever", stardate unknown

aus+uk / uk.tech.digital-tv / Re: LG Smart TV lost all channels

SubjectAuthor
* LG Smart TV lost all channelsAnthonyL
+- Re: LG Smart TV lost all channelsJNugent
+* Re: LG Smart TV lost all channelsSH
|`- Re: LG Smart TV lost all channelsBrian Gaff \(Sofa\)
`- Re: LG Smart TV lost all channelsBrian Gaff \(Sofa\)

1
LG Smart TV lost all channels

<61e4162f.171003187@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31144&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#31144

From: nos...@please.invalid (AnthonyL)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Subject: LG Smart TV lost all channels
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 13:03:48 GMT
 by: AnthonyL - Sun, 16 Jan 2022 13:03 UTC

SWMBO said she could only get 801(?) so I went to investigate.

After trying various things such as retune, signal check, connect
aerial direct instead of via PVR I turned all power off for a couple
of minutes then back on again and voila, normal service is resumed.

We are in an area that suffers with reception in high pressure/fog,
especially on HD and some of the other channels (other than BBC, ITV
CH4 Ch5) and so a program that was being watched late at night broke
up and disappeared.

Even so a Smart TV (LG49uj670v) should surely be able to cope or did
the whole tuning system get scrambled?

--
AnthonyL

Why ever wait to finish a job before starting the next?

Re: LG Smart TV lost all channels

<j4ikfrFr9mcU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31147&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#31147

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Subject: Re: LG Smart TV lost all channels
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 13:22:03 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sun, 16 Jan 2022 13:22 UTC

On 16/01/2022 01:03 pm, AnthonyL wrote:
> SWMBO said she could only get 801(?) so I went to investigate.
>
> After trying various things such as retune, signal check, connect
> aerial direct instead of via PVR I turned all power off for a couple
> of minutes then back on again and voila, normal service is resumed.
>
> We are in an area that suffers with reception in high pressure/fog,
> especially on HD and some of the other channels (other than BBC, ITV
> CH4 Ch5) and so a program that was being watched late at night broke
> up and disappeared.
>
> Even so a Smart TV (LG49uj670v) should surely be able to cope or did
> the whole tuning system get scrambled?

Pass.

But the same happened with the Freeview (non-HD) tuner on my Sony
DVD-recorder a week or two back. I was mystified as to why the machine
could copy from an external source but its own quide page didn't work.
Re-tuning fixed it.

Re: LG Smart TV lost all channels

<ss1tod$vcd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31150&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#31150

From: i.l...@spam.com (SH)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 20:04:27 +0000
 by: SH - Sun, 16 Jan 2022 20:04 UTC

On 16/01/2022 13:03, AnthonyL wrote:
> SWMBO said she could only get 801(?) so I went to investigate.
>
> After trying various things such as retune, signal check, connect
> aerial direct instead of via PVR I turned all power off for a couple
> of minutes then back on again and voila, normal service is resumed.
>
> We are in an area that suffers with reception in high pressure/fog,
> especially on HD and some of the other channels (other than BBC, ITV
> CH4 Ch5) and so a program that was being watched late at night broke
> up and disappeared.
>
> Even so a Smart TV (LG49uj670v) should surely be able to cope or did
> the whole tuning system get scrambled?

I have a LG TV too that does both Freeview and Freesat.

I occasionally lose TV channels and the set tries to take me into the
autotuning menus.

What it is is the TV is looking at the EPG in the past......

Exit the tuning menu, bring up the EPG abd press on the blue button to
go to current date and time and then the channels start working again.

Re: LG Smart TV lost all channels

<ss3b4p$vl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31154&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#31154

From: bria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Brian Gaff \(Sofa\))
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 08:59:04 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) - Mon, 17 Jan 2022 08:59 UTC

I don't know last night I was watching Smithsonian for the cold war and
nuclear programmes and odd times in the commercials only, it would stop
receiving anything unless I moved up a channel and back. Never seen that
before. Could not comment on the picture quality, but the Samsung normal has
no issues like that.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"AnthonyL" <nospam@please.invalid> wrote in message
> SWMBO said she could only get 801(?) so I went to investigate.
>
> After trying various things such as retune, signal check, connect
> aerial direct instead of via PVR I turned all power off for a couple
> of minutes then back on again and voila, normal service is resumed.
>
> We are in an area that suffers with reception in high pressure/fog,
> especially on HD and some of the other channels (other than BBC, ITV
> CH4 Ch5) and so a program that was being watched late at night broke
> up and disappeared.
>
> Even so a Smart TV (LG49uj670v) should surely be able to cope or did
> the whole tuning system get scrambled?
>

> --
> AnthonyL
>
> Why ever wait to finish a job before starting the next?

Re: LG Smart TV lost all channels

<ss3bdd$6r9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=31155&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#31155

From: bria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Brian Gaff \(Sofa\))
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 09:03:40 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) - Mon, 17 Jan 2022 09:03 UTC

I do though wonder about program guides. On my Samsung, the so called
accessible one on the Freeview system is not, but the Samsungs own one is OK
for speech, but here is the thing, it can take an age for the current days
stuff to get updated, so by trying to go right to go through the times you
get stuck, go off come back and then you can move on abit more etc, It
reminded me of the old teletext system where you had to wait for your page
to come around again!